Is it possible to workout in bed and watch tv?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Is it possible to workout in bed and watch tv?

I work long shifts and when i come home i just want to relax i dont want to go to the gym i just want to sleep untill tommorow and go to work again i did 20 situps and 20 pushups on my bed im tired will this help me at all? Im trying to get fit for the military im a young 18 year old male im not fat and im not skinny im just flabby and have a kids body still my arms are not that big either but im looking for performance fitness instead of bulking muscle for looks what can i do?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Answers

You're tired from your long shift and are doing sit-ups in bed? Have fun in boot camp. That's called being a lazy ****. No ones gonna care in basic that you got your ass handed to you all day long and then wake you up at 4am for a fire drill, only to get your ass handed to you again.

Most of us here work long jobs AND train. Sone of us in the military too.

My advice- Quit thinking doing sit-ups in bed will benefit your life in any way, shape, or form. Get up and get used to running and endurance
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Haha this made me laugh. Goodluck with boot camp bud.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  158 lbs.
    Answers

I have a son in the Navy. Boot camp is going to be a nightmare for you unless you get out there and push yourself. Research online the fitness programs for the branch you are joining. Use these programs now to build up your body before you enter the military. If you continue this "in bed" nonsense you are going to have your butt handed to you.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Haha! Hell yes i agree! I try to but i lack the motivation sometimes i wont get out until 9pm and i come home and stay up all night and watch tv i find it hard to discipline myself or motivate myself to workout i only have 10 pound weights and push up bars i am just being lazy man this a wake up call! You guys helped me realize this thanx!
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  158 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by healthychaser View Post
    Haha! Hell yes i agree! I try to but i lack the motivation sometimes i wont get out until 9pm and i come home and stay up all night and watch tv i find it hard to discipline myself or motivate myself to workout i only have 10 pound weights and push up bars i am just being lazy man this a wake up call! You guys helped me realize this thanx!
    You are welcome. The military is no joke. You will be pushed to your limits and beyond. Prepare yourself now by shutting off the TV, eat right, run your butt off and lift. If you don't have access to weights then go to a park and use the children's monkey bars to do pull ups. Push-ups are something you can do anywhere. Discipline yourself now.

Good luck son, keep your head down and always be safe no matter where you are. Thank you for your future service to our Country.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by healthychaser View Post
    I work long shifts and when i come home i just want to relax i dont want to go to the gym i just want to sleep untill tommorow and go to work again i did 20 situps and 20 pushups on my bed im tired will this help me at all? Im trying to get fit for the military im a young 18 year old male im not fat and im not skinny im just flabby and have a kids body still my arms are not that big either but im looking for performance fitness instead of bulking muscle for looks what can i do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    You're tired from your long shift and are doing sit-ups in bed? Have fun in boot camp. That's called being a lazy ****. No ones gonna care in basic that you got your ass handed to you all day long and then wake you up at 4am for a fire drill, only to get your ass handed to you again.

Most of us here work long jobs AND train. Sone of us in the military too.

My advice- Quit thinking doing sit-ups in bed will benefit your life in any way, shape, or form. Get up and get used to running and endurance
    Like Sean said, grow some balls dude. I work long hours at my job, go to school and have kids and a house to take care of. I get up every day at 4am to train and I'm more than 10 years older than you.

Take off the pantyhose, turn off the Hallmark Channel and get under the weights.

This has to be a troll
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I work a 12 hour labor shift with very little down time. What I do. I workout before work. I get up chug a pre-workout then have at it. Come home eat a 1kcal meal and go to the grind. 3 years like that.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

I have to agree with the tough love. I made the same point myself not too long back.

https://www.facebook.com/bencarpente...23789284335993
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  10. Registered User
    Answers

I wish I had the energy now that I had when I was 18!. That would be amazing!. When I was a young lad of 18 years old, energy for working out came much easier and so did progress in the gym. If you think it's hard to get the motivation to work out at 18 years old....talk to me in 20 years...
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  204 lbs.
    Answers

I'm going to assume this isn't a troll, odds are it is based on the title, and that you weren't looking for a bunch of guys to give you tough love speeches. I am about your age and I used to work construction, and this is how I would manage the two. I would get up hour and fifteen before work everyday, immediately drink two cups of water and take my morning sups. I would then make breakfast, which would consist of 5-7 eggs, some rye toast, oj, and a coffee for the road. I would also pack a cooler with snacks, usually Greek yogurt, Protein shake and some nuts, and leave it in my trunk. I would then drive to work and at work eat two hours in on a quick break and grab a decent sized lunch then crush the protein shake on a quick break about two hours before leaving. I would get home and be crushed so I would eat immediately and then shower. I would then go take a nap for about two hours wake up take a preworkout and go to the gym. I'd come home take protein again eat the last small meal of the day, usually something fiberous, and then take some melatonin and ptfo around midnight. This schedule is doable for just about anyone. The high calories will keep energy and metabolism up especially if you couple it with the prep pt the army recommends.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Answers

i hear this gives a mean work out AND you can do it in bed! Name:  shake-weight-for-men.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  23.5 KB
    Rep For IronFlex
    Use the NEW CODE MCCREW20 to save 20% off of EVERYTHING on the IronFlex site,
    Even Diabolix Ironflex's new compound!

13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  247 lbs.
    Answers

Haha I think about the same thing all the time benching in my bed
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 11:39 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2012, 12:39 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 11:47 PM
  4. is it possible to gain 7lbs in a DAY??
    By Xpballer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 09:15 PM
  5. Is it possible to stack ZMA and Hyperdrol X2?
    By boowhda in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2009, 02:15 AM