45 lbs to gain in 18 months - can it be done?

  1. Registered User
    Minaker's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2
    Answers
    0

    45 lbs to gain in 18 months - can it be done?


    Im 31, 6'1 weighing 192 @ 12% bf.

    I was a bodybuilder in my late teen - early 20's and made it up to a large 240lbs @ 18% bf, but age play a role...

    I have been back in the gym for a year and decided that I would go for a march 2015 natural comp but being over 6ft I will need to be quite large. I am shooting for 235lbs.

    What do you think, can it be done without juice?

    I eat like a horse, over 3500 cals daily, body weight per gram in protein, train 6 days a week heavy.

    Maybe the only thing I am missing is a miracle?

  2. Registered User
    gmanall's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    262
    Answers
    0

    Natural? Nah... Gear? Maybe. But you know what they say aim for the stars and if you fail you'll be at the top of the world. I'm talking out of my ass but try to put on 9-18 pounds of pure muscle.
  3. Registered User
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,702
    Answers
    0

    Definitely doable...but 3500 cals isn't going to cut it.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    JoeRich's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  156 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    139
    Answers
    0

    not a chance being a natty
  5. Registered User
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,084
    Answers
    0

    I say yes. 3500 calories isn't "eating like a horse" though. I'm 5'9" and will kill 4500 when bulking. Also maybe train 4x a week rather than 6x
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  6. Registered User
    bigintensions's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    19
    Posts
    475
    Answers
    0

    45 pounds is definitely doable in 18 months. I just don't know how you would do it and be lean enough for a show
  7. Registered User
    PaulBlack's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,808
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bigintensions View Post
    45 pounds is definitely doable in 18 months. I just don't know how you would do it and be lean enough for a show
    This was my thinking, since some of that mass, would most likely be adipose tissue and you mentioned when you were #240 you were also around 18%!?
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,153
    Answers
    1

    45lbs can be done, but it won't be pretty. If you're lucky, half of it will be muscle.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  9. Registered User
    vassille's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    968
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Minaker View Post
    Im 31, 6'1 weighing 192 @ 12% bf.

    I was a bodybuilder in my late teen - early 20's and made it up to a large 240lbs @ 18% bf, but age play a role...

    I have been back in the gym for a year and decided that I would go for a march 2015 natural comp but being over 6ft I will need to be quite large. I am shooting for 235lbs.

    What do you think, can it be done without juice?

    I eat like a horse, over 3500 cals daily, body weight per gram in protein, train 6 days a week heavy.

    Maybe the only thing I am missing is a miracle?
    Haha yes it's possible but you need to eat more and train less like 3x a week...if you recover those days then go 4 days but no more than that. Calorie wise you be the judge but I'd say start with 4500cal per day and go up from there. Naturally you cant go 6 days a week to the gym. Im sure you will put on a few lbs a fat but it comes with the theritory.
  10. Registered User
    xigotmailx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,005
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by gmanall View Post
    Natural? Nah... Gear? Maybe. But you know what they say aim for the stars and if you fail you'll be at the top of the world. I'm talking out of my ass but try to put on 9-18 pounds of pure muscle.
    Isn't it shoot for the moon and if you miss you'll still land among the stars?
    I don't go lift, I don't go workout, I don't go train....I go get sexy....sexy as fwuark!!!!!!!!!
  11. Registered User
    gmanall's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    262
    Answers
    0

    Sorry got confused with a pitbull song lol
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. build muscle and lose fat!! can it be done?!
    By workout18 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 05:16 AM
  2. cutting from 180 to 155 in 1 month
    By dayday87 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 12:40 PM
  3. I Want To Compete In 15 Months Out
    By Brolic in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 08:12 PM
  4. Kixazz's Log to 190 in 2 months
    By kixazz2529 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2007, 11:47 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 06:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in