45 lbs to gain in 18 months - can it be done?

Minaker

Minaker

Awards
Im 31, 6'1 weighing 192 @ 12% bf.

I was a bodybuilder in my late teen - early 20's and made it up to a large 240lbs @ 18% bf, but age play a role...

I have been back in the gym for a year and decided that I would go for a march 2015 natural comp but being over 6ft I will need to be quite large. I am shooting for 235lbs.

What do you think, can it be done without juice?

I eat like a horse, over 3500 cals daily, body weight per gram in protein, train 6 days a week heavy.

Maybe the only thing I am missing is a miracle?

gmanall

Awards
Natural? Nah... Gear? Maybe. But you know what they say aim for the stars and if you fail you'll be at the top of the world. I'm talking out of my ass but try to put on 9-18 pounds of pure muscle.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely doable...but 3500 cals isn't going to cut it.

JoeRich

Awards
not a chance being a natty

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I say yes. 3500 calories isn't "eating like a horse" though. I'm 5'9" and will kill 4500 when bulking. Also maybe train 4x a week rather than 6x

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
45 pounds is definitely doable in 18 months. I just don't know how you would do it and be lean enough for a show

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
45 pounds is definitely doable in 18 months. I just don't know how you would do it and be lean enough for a show
This was my thinking, since some of that mass, would most likely be adipose tissue and you mentioned when you were #240 you were also around 18%!?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
45lbs can be done, but it won't be pretty. If you're lucky, half of it will be muscle.

vassille

Awards
Im 31, 6'1 weighing 192 @ 12% bf.

I was a bodybuilder in my late teen - early 20's and made it up to a large 240lbs @ 18% bf, but age play a role...

I have been back in the gym for a year and decided that I would go for a march 2015 natural comp but being over 6ft I will need to be quite large. I am shooting for 235lbs.

What do you think, can it be done without juice?

I eat like a horse, over 3500 cals daily, body weight per gram in protein, train 6 days a week heavy.

Maybe the only thing I am missing is a miracle?
Haha yes it's possible but you need to eat more and train less like 3x a week...if you recover those days then go 4 days but no more than that. Calorie wise you be the judge but I'd say start with 4500cal per day and go up from there. Naturally you cant go 6 days a week to the gym. Im sure you will put on a few lbs a fat but it comes with the theritory.

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
Natural? Nah... Gear? Maybe. But you know what they say aim for the stars and if you fail you'll be at the top of the world. I'm talking out of my ass but try to put on 9-18 pounds of pure muscle.
Isn't it shoot for the moon and if you miss you'll still land among the stars?