Quick abs

spebone

spebone

Awards
Hi just thinking about improving my abs! I am fit and eat ok, but don't sleep we'll (maybe down to not working out hard enough).

In a nutshell is it possible to get abs in six weeks?
Thanks

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi just thinking about improving my abs! I am fit and eat ok, but don't sleep we'll (maybe down to not working out hard enough).

In a nutshell is it possible to get abs in six weeks?
Thanks
It all comes down to body fat %. Low body fat % is mostly nutrition and genetics. If u are eating good and moving alot it is possible. Do you know your current BF%?

spebone

spebone

Awards
Yea it's 16%. I'm thinking its all about my rest! Sleep late, up early! What do you do reckon?

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea it's 16%. I'm thinking its all about my rest! Sleep late, up early! What do you do reckon?
No matter what your trying to do you should get atleast 8 hours of sleep. That being said having under 10% bf is what you want but you will start seeing your upper abs at 12-13% but everybody is different some people just don't genetically have great ab development.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Most people that say they eat 'ok' really don't or they are not paying enough attention to what they eat. Plenty of guys on here that eat 'ok' then list their meals and you get "ham sandwich on white w/mayo and a diet Coke' or 'instant oatmeal/cereal for breakfast', or other crap like that.

Skip anything processed and anything with sugar, including alcohol.

spebone

spebone

Awards
By eating ok I mean I eat very good and at the right times, but sometimes go off track after a night out and binge for afew days!

This happens like once a fortnight if that!
But takes me awhile to get back in the swing of things. This has stopped over the last month and don't even have a cheat day.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
By eating ok I mean I eat very good and at the right times, but sometimes go off track after a night out and binge for afew days!

But takes me awhile to get back in the swing of things. This has stopped over the last month and don't even have a cheat day.
Then my definition of ok and your definition are pretty much the same. :)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you want better abs and you are 16% you are not eating as you need to be.

Unless, you are currently losing fat at the appropriate rate, in which case just carry on.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

If you binge "for a few days" every two weeks then you are absolutely not eating as well as you could be lol.

spebone

spebone

Awards
If you binge "for a few days" every two weeks then you are absolutely not eating as well as you could be lol.
Agreed, but haven't done this for the last month! I have a good diet going on now and have some sort of abs but want to work on getting them ridiculously massive ha.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nothing worth having comes "quick"... Getting abs takes diet, training and hard work. GET TO IT

P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First off, agree that it is mainly diet and if you tend to be a leaner guy, for them to be quite visual. (I assume that is what you want?)

but don't sleep we'll (maybe down to not working out hard enough).
Why else might you think you are not getting good sleep?
Hmmm, well I know people who don't exercise much if at all and still sleep like zombies.
Are you drinking anything with stims few hours before bed?
Are you tense before bed?

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Alcohol really effects the ability to get quality sleep. You may fall asleep quickly, but it is never the best type of rest.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alcohol really effects the ability to get quality sleep. You may fall asleep quickly, but it is never the best type of rest.
Alcohol blows , every since I stopped binge drinking every weekend I feel 100% better and alert. Drop the booze man .

spebone

spebone

Awards
First off, agree that it is mainly diet and if you tend to be a leaner guy, for them to be quite visual. (I assume that is what you want?)

Why else might you think you are not getting good sleep?
Hmmm, well I know people who don't exercise much if at all and still sleep like zombies.
Are you drinking anything with stims few hours before bed?
Are you tense before bed?
I have always been a bad sleeper, my whole life! I did a 150 mile bike ride not long ago n slept like dog!
Quality sleep!

P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have always been a bad sleeper, my whole life! I did a 150 mile bike ride not long ago n slept like dog!
Quality sleep!

When you say "bad", do you mean you wake up a lot, is it restless, do you just only sleep a few hours?

Have you ever tried any "natural" sleep aids like chamomile or calming teas, or a mag supplement, or valerian root or something?

spebone

spebone

Awards
When you say "bad", do you mean you wake up a lot, is it restless, do you just only sleep a few hours?

Have you ever tried any "natural" sleep aids like chamomile or calming teas, or a mag supplement, or valerian root or something?
I sleep late and get up early an wake up almost all night!!

Because I've been like it my whole life I've never really looked into natural sleeping aids!
Good shout though! Cheers

CameronMac

CameronMac

Awards
No matter what your trying to do you should get atleast 8 hours of sleep. That being said having under 10% bf is what you want but you will start seeing your upper abs at 12-13% but everybody is different some people just don't genetically have great ab development.
Me! Crap ab genetics are the bane of my life

I.Dont.Quit

I.Dont.Quit

Awards
Not only is diet a huge part but actually working your core is essential. Add in cardio to drop the BF%. I have clients right now who sounds exactly like you. Don't take it the wrong way but everyone is looking for the quick and easy fix. And time after time they say its this or that but when it comes down to it.. DO IT. Eat right, work out right, and cardio. Think about how many days you have built your body in a negative way (drinking, smoking, eating crap foods) now compare that to how many days you have killed it in the gym and eaten so clean.. The answer to what you're asking is in the numbers.

Z

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
The abdominal muscle is a large slab of muscle. The shape of the six-pack is due to tendons that stretch across the muscle. You cannot change a tendon's size, position, or shape through training, so the shape of your six-pack will not change.

So showing abs are primarily bf%, regardless of training.

That being said, what people often neglect is their transverus which is a muscle behind your ab wall that pulls it all in, making it flat.

You want quick changes to your abs, do this.
It's what bodybuilders neglect often, resulting in abs that pop out like guts. Easiest way to do this? Just pull your core in right with abs exercises- you'll notice an immediate difference in the feel. I like weighted planks doing this.

Ps: if your not sleeping well try increasing your fats by ~10% of where they are at now (not saying increase calories) and see if that helps!