mass gainer

  1. mass gainer


    i have a hard time getting all my carbs in for the day so i was thinking about subsituting mass gainer for my whey protein, my question though is mass gainer the same as whey and if not what is the difference.


  2. difference is that most mass gainers are just protein mixed with a cheap carb loader. you can do the same thing by buying 10lb tub of dextrose or maltodextrin for $20 and mixing that with protein.

    there are some good gainers out there though. for example, N2 Bulk uses sweet potato as its carb loader. its expensive though

  3. just add raw oats to your shakes along with EVOO
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

    use code "R1balla" to receive a discount
    •   
       


  4. IMHO, carbs are real easy to get from diet alone. My problem is the opposite of yours..getting too many carbs lol. I would try eating more, but if not im sure you can find a carb gainer shake with whey or other protein in it pretty easily.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by anabolix View Post
    IMHO, carbs are real easy to get from diet alone. My problem is the opposite of yours..getting too many carbs lol. I would try eating more, but if not im sure you can find a carb gainer shake with whey or other protein in it pretty easily.
    no need to buy a carb gainer shake. just add raw oats.
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

    use code "R1balla" to receive a discount

  6. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    just add raw oats to your shakes along with EVOO
    this. whole food is always best but if you really cant eat enough i recommend dymatize elite mass. awesome profile

  7. Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    this. whole food is always best but if you really cant eat enough i recommend dymatize elite mass. awesome profile

    i actually use that for a few months right when my bulk is first starting. i only use 1 scoop though, but add in my own nutrients as well to make it very high in cals, carbs, and protein.
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

    use code "R1balla" to receive a discount

  8. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    i actually use that for a few months right when my bulk is first starting. i only use 1 scoop though, but add in my own nutrients as well to make it very high in cals, carbs, and protein.
    These carbs, cals and proteins are safe to body grain that provide energy so the body functions properly. Here, protein is very important nutrient in the body. Carbs have more calories that help to increase body fat faster.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by michaelawlker View Post
    Carbs have more calories that help to increase body fat faster.
    whaaaa
    1200 pound club

  10. Quote Originally Posted by michaelawlker View Post
    These carbs, cals and proteins are safe to body grain that provide energy so the body functions properly. Here, protein is very important nutrient in the body. Carbs have more calories that help to increase body fat faster.
    umm what
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

    use code "R1balla" to receive a discount

  11. Quote Originally Posted by michaelawlker View Post

    These carbs, cals and proteins are safe to body grain that provide energy so the body functions properly. Here, protein is very important nutrient in the body. Carbs have more calories that help to increase body fat faster.
    lol dafuq?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by em120690 View Post
    i have a hard time getting all my carbs in for the day so i was thinking about subsituting mass gainer for my whey protein, my question though is mass gainer the same as whey and if not what is the difference.

    Your mass gainer may or may not have whey in it but it s not the same. Whey is protein. A mass gainer is usually a protein blend with a bunch ofeither creatine and/or simple carbs for quick weight and easy calories. If you can get your Cals in food your better off. If not Mass gainer may be beneficial. Whey will not have nearly as many calories (if you read the label you will see the differnce may be 7-800 clas) Whey is better , but if you need the cals then go for the gainer.

    OR post workout 1-3 hours after your whey shake take the gainer.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    just add raw oats to your shakes along with EVOO
    Why stop there? Add some fruit like frozen strawberries or bananas plus flax ( don't kill me) seeds plus peanut butter plus some milk plus 1 cup of oats or 2! All that together in a blender can get you 70 to 120 carbs.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. BEST PROTEIN MASS GAINER
    By kelley918 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 11:28 PM
  2. Who uses mass gainers?
    By votum in forum Supplements
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 10:38 PM
  3. The best mass gainer in terms of a non-methylated PH?
    By letmeregister in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 02:04 PM
  4. Good Mass Gainer
    By HillbillyRock in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-23-2006, 02:57 PM
  5. Customizing Mass Gainer
    By cashiertan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 12:15 AM
Log in
Log in