- 02-26-2013, 07:46 PM
- 02-26-2013, 08:03 PM
difference is that most mass gainers are just protein mixed with a cheap carb loader. you can do the same thing by buying 10lb tub of dextrose or maltodextrin for $20 and mixing that with protein.
there are some good gainers out there though. for example, N2 Bulk uses sweet potato as its carb loader. its expensive though
- 02-26-2013, 09:45 PM
03-03-2013, 11:43 AM
IMHO, carbs are real easy to get from diet alone. My problem is the opposite of yours..getting too many carbs lol. I would try eating more, but if not im sure you can find a carb gainer shake with whey or other protein in it pretty easily.
03-03-2013, 01:04 PM
03-04-2013, 08:45 PM
03-04-2013, 09:46 PM
04-03-2013, 01:23 AM
04-03-2013, 08:38 AM
04-03-2013, 09:33 AM
04-03-2013, 10:38 AM
04-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Your mass gainer may or may not have whey in it but it s not the same. Whey is protein. A mass gainer is usually a protein blend with a bunch ofeither creatine and/or simple carbs for quick weight and easy calories. If you can get your Cals in food your better off. If not Mass gainer may be beneficial. Whey will not have nearly as many calories (if you read the label you will see the differnce may be 7-800 clas) Whey is better , but if you need the cals then go for the gainer.
OR post workout 1-3 hours after your whey shake take the gainer.
04-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
Similar Forum Threads
- By kelley918 in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-03-2010, 10:28 PM
- By votum in forum SupplementsReplies: 33Last Post: 05-04-2010, 09:38 PM
- By letmeregister in forum SupplementsReplies: 9Last Post: 09-21-2009, 01:04 PM
- By HillbillyRock in forum AnabolicsReplies: 19Last Post: 12-23-2006, 01:57 PM
- By cashiertan in forum SupplementsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-14-2003, 11:15 PM