Wheat protein isolate

1. Wheat protein isolate

Wheat protein isolate ? Any feedback! I'm allergic to diary and I won't take soy. I fine with supplemented bcaas it's pretty decent . Any thoughts?

2. Wheat protein offers all the benefits of dairy based proteins without any of the lactose and cholesterol. Additionally, it is suitable for use by vegan athletes. Wheat protein also offers a higher Glutamic Acid level than many comparable dairy based protein shakes.
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
    PNI REP

3. Along with the lovely GI inflammation that comes along with gluten.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

4. wheat protein per gram has less leucine than whey per gram which means you won't get the same protein synthesis you would from whey or you'd have to take more wheat protein

5. How about egg protein? Never taken it since I eat so many eggs per day already but may be something to look into for you

6. I use egg protien powder....doesnt give me gas like whey does. A solid alternative.

7. In the average typical American the diet consists of 2-3 times more protein then it should and this is without protein supplements. To build muscle you need to be exercising. Commonly, people do not think that excess protein can be stored in fat, but it can. The protein is not stored ``as fat`` but rather ``in fat``. If you are not using the protein it will be stored in fat cells. Excess protein does not get stored in muscle.

So if you buy the expensive stuff or the cheap stuff your still wasting money since your getting enough protein in your normal diet already.

Additional:
    providing the information that you are a body builder does affect my answer. The average person is not a body builder Mr. Coleman(or Mr. Mackenzie) however this does not affect the answer very much and my original answer still holds true for the average person that is just working out. The amount of protein that a body builder needs is dependent on their muscle mass in order to maintain the already formed muscle. Your calorie consumption is also very high in order to maintain your muscle. Since you are using and building muscle your body is using the protein to make muscle rather then storing it in fat cells.

To answer your question since you are set in having protein supplements is that Whey protein isolate contains a higher percentage of protein(almost 90% protein). Many top athletes choose whey isolate rather than normal whey.

Thus, your second question, the higher protein percentage would be better for growth providing your putting the effort forth to form it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by David147 View Post
    In the average typical American the diet consists of 2-3 times more protein then it should and this is without protein supplements. To build muscle you need to be exercising. Commonly, people do not think that excess protein can be stored in fat, but it can. The protein is not stored ``as fat`` but rather ``in fat``. If you are not using the protein it will be stored in fat cells. Excess protein does not get stored in muscle.

So if you buy the expensive stuff or the cheap stuff your still wasting money since your getting enough protein in your normal diet already.

Additional:
    providing the information that you are a body builder does affect my answer. The average person is not a body builder Mr. Coleman(or Mr. Mackenzie) however this does not affect the answer very much and my original answer still holds true for the average person that is just working out. The amount of protein that a body builder needs is dependent on their muscle mass in order to maintain the already formed muscle. Your calorie consumption is also very high in order to maintain your muscle. Since you are using and building muscle your body is using the protein to make muscle rather then storing it in fat cells.

To answer your question since you are set in having protein supplements is that Whey protein isolate contains a higher percentage of protein(almost 90% protein). Many top athletes choose whey isolate rather than normal whey.

Thus, your second question, the higher protein percentage would be better for growth providing your putting the effort forth to form it.
    Its official youre living in the past!

Similar Forum Threads

1. WHEAT protein isolate
    By jarhead in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 09:28 PM
  2. Milk Protein Isolate vs. Micellar Casien
    By biggjohn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-13-2006, 05:32 PM
  3. Anyone else use milk protein isolate?
    By Rock Lee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-16-2004, 01:02 PM