Acne like crazy! - AnabolicMinds.com

Acne like crazy!

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  170 lbs.

Acne like crazy!

So before i started lifting i had acne on my face but not severely, but since I've started lifting about 2 months in, I started getting mild back and shoulder acne. Which now almost a year I have horrible acne on my back, shoulders, neck and chest. I'm very clean, shower daily. What could this be? Hormonal changes? I'm 21, 6'1, 170

2. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoGetSwole View Post
    So before i started lifting i had acne on my face but not severely, but since I've started lifting about 2 months in, I started getting mild back and shoulder acne. Which now almost a year I have horrible acne on my back, shoulders, neck and chest. I'm very clean, shower daily. What could this be? Hormonal changes? I'm 21, 6'1, 170
    Well being that your only 21 and your body is in the prime time for testosterone spiking. I'd have to say it is probably a hormonal change because your body is imbalanced in terms of creating tons of testosterone. Also what has your diet been like for the past year? Lots of dairy possibly? And have you made a lot of strength and size gains in the past year as well?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bennykaos7 View Post

Well being that your only 21 and your body is in the prime time for testosterone spiking. I'd have to say it is probably a hormonal change because your body is imbalanced in terms of creating tons of testosterone. Also what has your diet been like for the past year? Lots of dairy possibly? And have you made a lot of strength and size gains in the past year as well?
    My diet is pretty good, I'm ectomorph so I eat alot of calorie-heavy snacks no matter what it is really, although my meals are pretty clean. An yes a bit of dairy but I'm lactose intolerant so mostly lactose free milks/ milk products. I've had incredible strength and size gains in the last year! Put on 25+ pounds and my presses get heavier every day. Still though this acne is becoming insane. Goes all the way down my back and is really getting bad on my neck an chest. I'm pretty sure it's from my boosted testosterone but I haven't taken any aas or even a natty booster so I just don't understand why it'd be so bad
    •   

4. New Member

I honestly think its just your age and hormones taking over. Same reaction happens to lots of pro bodybuilders that use steroids because they're testosterone levels are higher than normal. But once they get passed they're first cycle it levels out. Friend me on here and let me know what happens. Good luck my friend.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Acne is a really complex beast. It can be triggered by a myriad of factors...LH spikes, Estrogen, Testosterone, hygiene, viral acne...pft a lot. I have found that Vitex (Chaste Berry) helps in these situations...could look into that.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  6. New Member

Hey guys I've had acne for years and tried many treatments such as doxycycline minomyacin Bactrim ds all have had varied results I'm currently taking roacutaine and it appears to be working best advice I can give is head down to your doctor and see what they make of it
  7. New Member

Yeah josh I know what you mean. I took 4 cycles of accutane by the time I was 15. Dried out my sebaceous glands pretty good. So no more really bad acne anymore.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Shower less....LOL this is my personal finding that when I shower less frequently my face/body clears up, but after the day that I shower I break out. It could also be the soap that you are using
    I don't go lift, I don't go workout, I don't go train....I go get sexy....sexy as fwuark!!!!!!!!!
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Try supplementing with pantothenic acid.
    Jimmy Robinson
    Natural Pro Bodybuilder
  10. New Member

I don't think so that your acne problem is die to your loifting. I think there is a problem with your diet. Try to change it and eat low calories food specially avoid oily food. You should drink more water.
  11. New Member

I would make sure you are using a good benzoyl peroxide wash on the back and shoulders
  12. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Irish Spring has a body wash with 2% salicylic acid that seems to work relatively well and smells pleasant.
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by JRob23 View Post
    Try supplementing with pantothenic acid.
    This right here^^^ find a good multi with ample dosing. My son had the same issue when your age and this pretty much solved it. He was taking MVP by Millennium.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  14. New Member

You should see a dermatologist! The people in this forum can speculate all they want as to what the cause to your acne is, but only your doctor is going to be able to give you the best solution.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

I had real bad chronic acne, after a month or so or taking Iodine in the 1000-2000mcg range it's not really a problem anymore. A month ago I didn't want to take my shirt off at the beach, now I don't even notice it.

Iodine wins again.
  16. New Member

use tea tree soap my dude
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  158 lbs.

50 to 100 mg of Zinc/day
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. I've been burning fat like crazy binging on fruits
    By GOTSPEED in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 11:42 PM
  2. sweeting like crazy
    By cessna in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2008, 05:03 AM
  3. Pissing Like Crazy
    By mkurtzhals in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 08:55 AM
  4. What does it mean when my nuts hurt like crazy?!!
    By raytrade in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-29-2004, 10:28 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2004, 07:39 AM