Acne like crazy!

GoGetSwole

GoGetSwole

Awards
So before i started lifting i had acne on my face but not severely, but since I've started lifting about 2 months in, I started getting mild back and shoulder acne. Which now almost a year I have horrible acne on my back, shoulders, neck and chest. I'm very clean, shower daily. What could this be? Hormonal changes? I'm 21, 6'1, 170

bennykaos7

bennykaos7

Awards
So before i started lifting i had acne on my face but not severely, but since I've started lifting about 2 months in, I started getting mild back and shoulder acne. Which now almost a year I have horrible acne on my back, shoulders, neck and chest. I'm very clean, shower daily. What could this be? Hormonal changes? I'm 21, 6'1, 170
Well being that your only 21 and your body is in the prime time for testosterone spiking. I'd have to say it is probably a hormonal change because your body is imbalanced in terms of creating tons of testosterone. Also what has your diet been like for the past year? Lots of dairy possibly? And have you made a lot of strength and size gains in the past year as well?

GoGetSwole

GoGetSwole

Awards
Well being that your only 21 and your body is in the prime time for testosterone spiking. I'd have to say it is probably a hormonal change because your body is imbalanced in terms of creating tons of testosterone. Also what has your diet been like for the past year? Lots of dairy possibly? And have you made a lot of strength and size gains in the past year as well?
My diet is pretty good, I'm ectomorph so I eat alot of calorie-heavy snacks no matter what it is really, although my meals are pretty clean. An yes a bit of dairy but I'm lactose intolerant so mostly lactose free milks/ milk products. I've had incredible strength and size gains in the last year! Put on 25+ pounds and my presses get heavier every day. Still though this acne is becoming insane. Goes all the way down my back and is really getting bad on my neck an chest. I'm pretty sure it's from my boosted testosterone but I haven't taken any aas or even a natty booster so I just don't understand why it'd be so bad

bennykaos7

bennykaos7

Awards
I honestly think its just your age and hormones taking over. Same reaction happens to lots of pro bodybuilders that use steroids because they're testosterone levels are higher than normal. But once they get passed they're first cycle it levels out. Friend me on here and let me know what happens. Good luck my friend.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Acne is a really complex beast. It can be triggered by a myriad of factors...LH spikes, Estrogen, Testosterone, hygiene, viral acne...pft a lot. I have found that Vitex (Chaste Berry) helps in these situations...could look into that.

joshsh

Awards
Hey guys I've had acne for years and tried many treatments such as doxycycline minomyacin Bactrim ds all have had varied results I'm currently taking roacutaine and it appears to be working best advice I can give is head down to your doctor and see what they make of it

bennykaos7

bennykaos7

Awards
Yeah josh I know what you mean. I took 4 cycles of accutane by the time I was 15. Dried out my sebaceous glands pretty good. So no more really bad acne anymore.

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
Shower less....LOL this is my personal finding that when I shower less frequently my face/body clears up, but after the day that I shower I break out. It could also be the soap that you are using

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Try supplementing with pantothenic acid.

Rose Tylor

Awards
I don't think so that your acne problem is die to your loifting. I think there is a problem with your diet. Try to change it and eat low calories food specially avoid oily food. You should drink more water.

cruzn

Awards
I would make sure you are using a good benzoyl peroxide wash on the back and shoulders

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Irish Spring has a body wash with 2% salicylic acid that seems to work relatively well and smells pleasant.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try supplementing with pantothenic acid.
This right here^^^ find a good multi with ample dosing. My son had the same issue when your age and this pretty much solved it. He was taking MVP by Millennium.

rockwholesale

Awards
You should see a dermatologist! The people in this forum can speculate all they want as to what the cause to your acne is, but only your doctor is going to be able to give you the best solution.

ironyogi

ironyogi

Awards
I had real bad chronic acne, after a month or so or taking Iodine in the 1000-2000mcg range it's not really a problem anymore. A month ago I didn't want to take my shirt off at the beach, now I don't even notice it.

Iodine wins again.

bioboy88

Awards
Take proper care of your skin, choose cleaning and nourishing products and yes, Zink can help.

proprotein

Awards
There are different factors that causes ACNE. It is best to see a medical professional for help.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Try Acnedren
http://www.blacklionresearch.com/acnedren/

Pantothenic acid and Lcarnitine.
Its very effective. It takes a couple of weeks for pre existing acne to heal up but once you get on it regularly you can expect 75+% clearance.
I started at 6 caps per day for 2 weeks then dropped to 3 x 1 daily and Im clear.
My acne used to be brutal

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Try Acnedren http://www.blacklionresearch.com/acnedren/ Pantothenic acid and Lcarnitine. Its very effective. It takes a couple of weeks for pre existing acne to heal up but once you get on it regularly you can expect 75+% clearance. I started at 6 caps per day for 2 weeks then dropped to 3 x 1 daily and Im clear. My acne used to be brutal
do you think it would be safe to use with an rx topical such as tretinoin? it doesn't seem to do too
much for me and i cant get accutane rx to because insurance wont cover it due to my age.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yah It would be fine.
Acnedren is healthy to take and has no negative interactions I know of.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
tretinoin at night, I got that from my dermatologist as well, also get yourself some clindamycin use morning after showering off and dry helps reduce redness and swelling. I also like Neutrogena ance wash I think its called its orange and in like a gel looking bottle, anyway I like that for pre-shave, I would get bad acne from shaving regularly but that helped out, also shave less EOD. Get yourself an exfoliator could help use every other day, change your soap, use a different towel so bacteria doesn't grow on it, if you get cystic acne get a hot wet rag, not burn your skin hot but hot enough to bare and hold on acne cysts for 10 mins a day, rag will get cold so re wet and heat and apply. All these are home remedies that will help. But see a dermatologist they will be able to help diagnose you best, ask about oral care pill called Actaclate spelling incorrect but sounds like that. Hope some of this helps ya out I delt with bad acne myself for years as I got past 21 it improved but still gotta keep up on it.

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
Dude, i'm 39 and still get breakouts. It's mainly when I consume dairy products. If I drink chocolate milk I can guarantee a breakout the next day. It's a trade off i'm willing to make.

David147

Awards
Have you maybe been nectar for something? About something m to be honest all I use for an acne cleanser is a bar of soap its something that dries up your fave and gets rid of acne within days try it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jbtwentytwo Anabolics 16
Trufitnessman2022 Anabolics 12
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 6
stankyleg Anabolics 4
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 3