how to burn fat and gain lean muscle at the same time

  1. New Member
    tony224's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    46
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    97.25%

    how to burn fat and gain lean muscle at the same time


    Hello guys
    I want to discuss this little bit more and see your opinions, experiences, knowledge...
    Right now I am trying to get ripped but what I am scared of is what if Im gonna lose some muscle in this period so I want to keep gaining lean muscle while I'm having a diet and doing cardio 5x a week..
    my stats (using metric system)

    185 cm
    97kg
    age: 20
    daily protein intake (from 150-200g)
    daily carb intake ( 350-500)
    fat (max 50 g)



    Name:  image-2659431451.jpg
Views: 1048
Size:  323.3 KB
    here is my photo

    I welcome every comment, tip, anything that would help me to make progress.
    Thanks

  2. Diamond Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,037
    Rep Power
    5006798
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    32.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting VeteranPosting Pro

    just a quick question, why post in metric?
  3. New Member
    tony224's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    46
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    97.25%

    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech
    just a quick question, why post in metric?
    cause Im from Slovakia and we use the metric system
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    ReedSkin's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  179 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    9749
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    72.65%

    You should be able to get shredded fairly easy with your body type, without losing muscle mass. Don't do so much long period cardio, try a more intense workout with 80% weight, maybe a 4s,8r. Do Sprints 6 days a week, 6 sprints a day, 30yards to 80yards, for 6 weeks (30,40,50,60,70,80). Others will give you tons of information also in the next little while, but trust me, you can do NUMEROUS things to get what you want, but look at a marathon runner, and go look at a olympic sprinter.
    Follow me on instaGram @reedskin
  5. New Member
    tony224's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    46
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    97.25%

    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech
    just a quick question, why post in metric?
    cuz Im from Slovakia and we use the metric system..anyway its international so I hope you dont have a problem with that
  6. New Member
    tony224's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    46
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    97.25%

    Quote Originally Posted by ReedSkin
    You should be able to get shredded fairly easy with your body type, without losing muscle mass. Don't do so much long period cardio, try a more intense workout with 80% weight, maybe a 4s,8r. Do Sprints 6 days a week, 6 sprints a day, 30yards to 80yards, for 6 weeks (30,40,50,60,70,80). Others will give you tons of information also in the next little while, but trust me, you can do NUMEROUS things to get what you want, but look at a marathon runner, and go look at a olympic sprinter.
    yes youre right I get your point..and I will try this way or Im gonna combine what I know
  7. New Member
    tony224's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    46
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    97.25%

    Quote Originally Posted by ReedSkin
    You should be able to get shredded fairly easy with your body type, without losing muscle mass. Don't do so much long period cardio, try a more intense workout with 80% weight, maybe a 4s,8r. Do Sprints 6 days a week, 6 sprints a day, 30yards to 80yards, for 6 weeks (30,40,50,60,70,80). Others will give you tons of information also in the next little while, but trust me, you can do NUMEROUS things to get what you want, but look at a marathon runner, and go look at a olympic sprinter.
    thanks I get your point and Im gonna try it as you said..btw one more question..how much bf do you think I have? Your guess..cuz I dont dare to guess
  8. Diamond Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,037
    Rep Power
    5006798
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    32.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by tony224 View Post

    cuz Im from Slovakia and we use the metric system..anyway its international so I hope you dont have a problem with that
    lol, why would i?
  9. New Member
    tony224's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    46
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    97.25%

    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech

    lol, why would i?
    just saying
  10. New Member
    David147's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    66120
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    21.29%

    Do not diet ! This will usually make you fatter in the long run. If you cut your calories too low for a long period your body will lower its metabolism rate and you will find it difficult to loose weight. Don't overeat, and exercise more.

    Eat in moderation. I recommend reading a book called The Zone by Barry Sears. It will perhaps give you some insight as to why people get fat & how our body burns food.

    Choose high nutrition food and try to avoid an excess of food that is void of nutrition (so called empty calories). Also find a physical activity that you like and can stick to for life. If you hate your exercise program you will not likely keep it up. Write down your goals & how you plan to achieve them, and keep them realistic.

    Keep in mind that it can't just be a wish to loose weight, it must be a concrete decision to do so.

    Consult a doctor and make sure that you are making good choices with eating & that it is ok for you to do the exercise program that you choose. Get someone to coach you or get a workout partner to help you stay on track.
  11. Diamond Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,037
    Rep Power
    5006798
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    32.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by David147 View Post
    Do not diet ! This will usually make you fatter in the long run. If you cut your calories too low for a long period your body will lower its metabolism rate and you will find it difficult to loose weight. Don't overeat, and exercise more.

    Eat in moderation. I recommend reading a book called The Zone by Barry Sears. It will perhaps give you some insight as to why people get fat & how our body burns food.

    Choose high nutrition food and try to avoid an excess of food that is void of nutrition (so called empty calories). Also find a physical activity that you like and can stick to for life. If you hate your exercise program you will not likely keep it up. Write down your goals & how you plan to achieve them, and keep them realistic.

    Keep in mind that it can't just be a wish to loose weight, it must be a concrete decision to do so.

    Consult a doctor and make sure that you are making good choices with eating & that it is ok for you to do the exercise program that you choose. Get someone to coach you or get a workout partner to help you stay on track.
    You do realize this thread is over 2 years old...
  12. New Member
    raekwonse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    76302
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    92.31%

    Can we ban this guy?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 11:21 PM
  2. How can I burn fat and gain muscle?
    By ruffrhyder in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 08:31 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 11:41 AM
  4. Best supp to burn fat AND maintain/build muscle
    By molotov in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 03:32 PM
  5. Giving blood and workout out - not at the same time of course
    By TheNinja in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Log in
Log in