Teenage Bodybuilding, Advice? - AnabolicMinds.com

Teenage Bodybuilding, Advice?

1. New Member

Teenage Bodybuilding, Advice?

I am currently a freshman, and I have been rigorously bodybuilding for around 4 months now. I have gained over 16 pounds of muscle mass, I am 5'9" and 142 pounds. I am an ectomorph, and I am currently using two whey proteins, a non-creatine pre-workout, and a carb-supplement. My shoulders, arms, and back have made obvious and dramatic gains, but my chest has still remained relatively small. I train legs and have a great lower body, but I was wondering if anybody could give me some tips or routines on how I can make larger gains. I am a solo natural bodybuilder noob, so I would very much appreciate some help or advice!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by hr4surf
    I am currently a freshman, and I have been rigorously bodybuilding for around 4 months now. I have gained over 16 pounds of muscle mass, I am 5'9" and 142 pounds. I am an ectomorph, and I am currently using two whey proteins, a non-creatine pre-workout, and a carb-supplement. My shoulders, arms, and back have made obvious and dramatic gains, but my chest has still remained relatively small. I train legs and have a great lower body, but I was wondering if anybody could give me some tips or routines on how I can make larger gains. I am a solo natural bodybuilder noob, so I would very much appreciate some help or advice!
    16lbs in 4 months are amazing gains bro. Jus keep workin hard.. Your young and impatient like most teenager but stay focuse and yu cud leave high school almost at 200lbs
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hr4surf View Post
    If your looking for a good program to follow, I highly recommened Eric Broser's PRRS
    ORIGINAL POWER/REP RANGE/SHOCK IRONMAN ARTICLES>
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
    PNI REP

•   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by hr4surf View Post
    Be happy with those kind of results. Keep up the work and blast through your plateaus those are awesome results man!!
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by tank316 View Post
    If your looking for a good program to follow, I highly recommened Eric Broser's PRRS
    ORIGINAL POWER/REP RANGE/SHOCK IRONMAN ARTICLES>
    ^^^ wish I had this info when I was your age bro
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    ^^^ wish I had this info when I was your age bro
    Yes, this is a great program that I still use to this day and continue to see results with the different rep-ranges and tempos that are involved in PRRS.
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
  7. New Member

These guys are steering you right. Power Rep Range Shock. Buy the DVD too ;-) lol.

And listen to Luke_PNI I knew this young man as a portly 7th grader (He was a student of mine when I student taught). Then I had the pleasure of coaching him in baseball when he was in high school. The boy grew into a young man and the chubby little guy is now YOKED! He knows a thing or (thousands) about how to transform a physique!
    PREMIUM NUTRACEUTICALS (PNI) REP/ATHLETE
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.

eat like a monster bro that's all I can tell you, im 20 now but when I was 17 a senior in high school I was 200 pounds solid at 5'8.. make sure you do your squats, deadlifts, and back...your chest will come out I promise you give it a couple more months.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Good job on actually doing legs, when I was in high school all the "jacked" kids that werent football players NEVER did legs. I know a kid thats done 2 cycles of ultradrol and squats 85 lbs cause he neglected legs. Keep doing compounds, keep your form good, eat well, and you'll make progress. Also, use the knowledge on this site to your advantage. I started "lifting" when I was about 16, but I wasted my time. I made no significant progress till I was 18 and realized the importance of compound lifts.
  10. New Member

You really do need to focus on the "main lifts". Squats, deads, pull-ups, bench, shoulder press or push press. The other stuf will come. Multi joint lifts are where it's at. It's easy to focus on chest and arms because most enjoy training them and when you train them hard and neglect the others, you do see some initial results because those movements don't tax the body systems as much and you recover fast. However, training the basic compound lifts will make you stronger in multiple pathways and lead to a much greater and balanced physique.
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

id just go with stronglifts 5x5. nothin sexier to the bitches than big ass squatting legs that make the football players look like bitches. and youll develop incredible entire body strength as a base for future hypertrophy training. im talkin about deads, bench pressing, overhead pressing, barbell rows, and squats all going up in one routine. you will destroy the football players and wrestlers in pure strength if you follow a good routine like that
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  82 lbs.

If you are just starting resistance training or bodybuilding, those first few workouts will leave target muscles absolutely fatigued. You will walk funny, perform everyday actions gingerly, and feel pain with the slightest of movements. This is good, however, as it is a signal that you are well on your way to making gains. You want to be able to experience this 'good' pain (although not to the same extreme as when you first started) after every session, so I am a big proponent of varying workouts and diverse training techniques. The human body is naturally inclined to acclimate and adapt in order to avoid stress.
  13. New Member

^^^Just the intial workouts? LOL. I walk funny for days after legs still and I've been training for 15 years.
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
  14. New Member

Your natural testosterone levels are very high at your age so dont worry too much about supplements, its more just about consistency. Continue to train hard and push yourself, and be religiously consistent with your eating....this is what actually makes you big. At your weight missing meals is of more consequence than missing a workout. Eat as much as possible, having a high metabolism will ensure that any weight you put on will look good, just train hard and stuff your face.
  15. New Member

Your natural testosterone levels are very high at your age so dont worry too much about supplements, its more just about consistency. Continue to train hard and push yourself, and be religiously consistent with your eating....this is what actually makes you big. At your weight missing meals is of more consequence than missing a workout. Eat as much as possible, having a high metabolism will ensure that any weight you put on will look good, just train hard and stuff your face.

Similar Forum Threads

1. bodybuilding over 50 -need advice
    By brooke55 in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-15-2011, 11:56 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 02:34 PM
  3. female bodybuilder bulking advice
    By Trixibell in forum Bulking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 05:47 PM
  4. Need Advice: Running Routine for a Bodybuilder (Long)
    By methusaleh in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 08:53 AM
  5. The Bodybuilding Truth
    By Sanosuke in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2002, 10:29 PM