Looking for something new.

1. Registered User
    Answers

Looking for something new.

Hi all. I am new here and looking for some help.. I will start by saying I am pretty active in the gym (about a year now) and I am 5 "8, 145 pounds.. Last winter I trained and then a 6 wk body fat (semi cut program) and got to 13.4 % bf.. I was happy with the way I looked but this year I want to gain some size.. I know about bulking and cutting and try to gain mass slowly.. I guess I'm don't know where to turn, training and nutrition. Here is what I have been doing most of fall and late summer.. Nutrition is pretty clean, a few cheat meals a week but prolly 2000-250000 calls a day. When I track protein I hit about 165-190 .. My training is 4 or 5 days a week... Chest day, back, Lats day, shoulders, legs and maybe a bi and Tru day.. Hardly any cardio right now.. Looking for something to mix up and wondering what weight I should shoot for? Any help would be appreciated...

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Look into 5/3/1 or 5x5. I am assuming that you are relatively new to "organized" lifting. If that is so I would do 5x5 till the gains go away and than run 5/3/1 for atleast 6 months
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html
  3. Registered User
    Answers

You are probably right about "organized lifting" I do not chart anything and no real telling if I am improving weights for the most part? I read a little about the 5-3-1 and it was Definately hardcore for me but I think I'm In need of something similar? I haven't read about 5-5? I think I need to start charting for sure?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by keithgeiling
    You are probably right about "organized lifting" I do not chart anything and no real telling if I am improving weights for the most part? I read a little about the 5-3-1 and it was Definately hardcore for me but I think I'm In need of something similar? I haven't read about 5-5? I think I need to start charting for sure?
    I strongly recondmend charting and using a proven program. Chances are whatever you came up with by yourself is on a way lower tier and the only reason you do not see it because you have not done any better
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Answers

i have been using power rep range shock for a couple of years now and have had amazing growth. should check it out !
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Luke_PNI
    i have been using power rep range shock for a couple of years now and have had amazing growth. should check it out !
    Yeah Eric B deff knows his stuff
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Looking for something new
    By irv2869 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 09:51 AM
  2. Looking for a new during workout drink
    By bigjohn58 in forum Supplements