1st Contest, plz help.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  1. New Member
    Aggie2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    10269
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    70.97%

    1st Contest, plz help.


    So my first natural bodybuilding contest is next year. April 6 to be exact. I have 8 weeks left of bulking before I do a 4 week transition to cutting for 12 weeks. I currently weigh 195lbs and plan to reach 200lbs by the end of my bulk. When it comes to contest weight, I'm going to shoot for 170lbs by the show. What are some good tips and advice for the rest of my bulk phase, transitioning phase, and cutting phase? Also what are some decent supps and training routines for the cut? Any particular Diets? Ill be posting updates as soon as I can. Thanks for anyone who helps me out.

  2. Senior Member
    jdg76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,441
    Rep Power
    1010382
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Your asking for a whole lot of info to answer at once. I've only competed once but am more than willing to help. Skim down thru some of the other threads here first and you can get a lot of info. Then if you are still confused I'll see what I can do. ;-)


    jdg76
    team APPNUT
  3. New Member
    Aggie2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    10269
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    70.97%

    Will do man thanks.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    mazzaiii's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  246 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    2832
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    98.63%

    I've done a few and I haven't come in lean enough In either. I started my prep nov 1, I'm losing about 35lbs for mine. Also for a ahow in april. If you're doing a natty show I would just cut down now. You can try some things when you're leaner too like dry runs with water intake and sodium. See what you like better.
    supermaz on BB.com
  5. New Member
    EBroser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    46
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    237367
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    24.38%

    You may want to consider using my PRRS training protocol for your contest. Nothing retains muscle better on a diet.

    h t t p://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/217588-original-power-rep.html
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  6. New Member
    mazzaiii's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  246 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    2832
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    98.63%

    Quote Originally Posted by EBroser View Post
    You may want to consider using my PRRS training protocol for your contest. Nothing retains muscle better on a diet.

    h t t p://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/217588-original-power-rep.html
    ill check that out too. thanks man
    supermaz on BB.com
  7. New Member
    EBroser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    46
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    237367
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    24.38%

    Quote Originally Posted by mazzaiii View Post
    ill check that out too. thanks man
    This is what I have all my clients use before shows (and most of the year with some modifications).
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  8. New Member
    Luke_PNI's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    244
    Rep Power
    308144
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    60.51%

    I have had my best gains using the power rep-range shock, highly recommend it !
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
  9. New Member
    hossjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    264
    Rep Power
    5025
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    87.18%

    A couple of things:

    1) Try P/RR/S - It's legit.
    2) 12 weeks is not enough, prep for 16 and don't worry about the scale too much. Do not say to yourself "I want to be 170 on show day" It's a trap. YOu need to get more peeled than you think.
    3) Find someone to help do your prep. Hire a coach or at least find somone that will be an extra set of eyes. It's an overwhelming process. I see so many people try to do it on their own and end up having a bad experience. If you get a good coach it will be easier.
    4) Diet is CRUCIAL. No amount of training is going to make up for a diet that is not spot on.

    & Ask TONS of questions on forums like this. People are here to help!
    PREMIUM NUTRACEUTICALS (PNI) REP/ATHLETE
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME
  10. New Member
    mazzaiii's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  246 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    2832
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    98.63%

    Quote Originally Posted by hossjob
    A couple of things:

    1) Try P/RR/S - It's legit.
    2) 12 weeks is not enough, prep for 16 and don't worry about the scale too much. Do not say to yourself "I want to be 170 on show day" It's a trap. YOu need to get more peeled than you think.
    3) Find someone to help do your prep. Hire a coach or at least find somone that will be an extra set of eyes. It's an overwhelming process. I see so many people try to do it on their own and end up having a bad experience. If you get a good coach it will be easier.
    4) Diet is CRUCIAL. No amount of training is going to make up for a diet that is not spot on.

    & Ask TONS of questions on forums like this. People are here to help!

    Couldn't agree more with you man.
    supermaz on BB.com
  11. New Member
    EBroser's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    46
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    237367
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    24.38%

    Luke and Hoss are amazing examples of what PRRS can do. In fact, Hoss was the athlete I used in my PRRS DVD.

    w w w.prrsdvd.com
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  12. New Member
    Aggie2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    10269
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    70.97%

    Thanks hossjob! I've started cutting last Sunday. I'm seeing progress already. But as the best say preparing for a contest is a marathon not a sprint. I don't have the money to afford a coach but I have a coworker I've been lifting with and he keeps me up. He make sures I don't eat crap and motivates me to get going hard in the gym. Next Sunday I'll post some pics! My macros currently are pretty even 33/33/33.
  13. New Member
    Aggie2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    10269
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    70.97%

    Not to mention I'm 17weeks 4 days out. Weighing roughly 184.5 lbs.
    Current supplements:
    Pre-workout: Im using up all my free samples I have.
    Post-workout: carnivor w/ aminos, and glutamine.

    I take zma before bed. Also 2 hgh up.
    I take 3 hgh up and one of the free sample fat burner in the morning.

    Next week I start my new BSN stack:
    NO Xplode.
    Cell mass.
    AminoX.
    HyperShred.
    Syntha-6 Isolate.
    Nitrix.
    Thermonex.
    Epozine-o2.

    Other:
    Opti-Men.
    Zma.
    Vit-C.
    Calcium & Magnesium.
    Glucosamine & Chondroitin.
    Hgh Up.
  14. New Member
    grandroid828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    53041
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    17.42%

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012
    Not to mention I'm 17weeks 4 days out. Weighing roughly 184.5 lbs.
    Current supplements:
    Pre-workout: Im using up all my free samples I have.
    Post-workout: carnivor w/ aminos, and glutamine.

    I take zma before bed. Also 2 hgh up.
    I take 3 hgh up and one of the free sample fat burner in the morning.

    Next week I start my new BSN stack:
    NO Xplode.
    Cell mass.
    AminoX.
    HyperShred.
    Syntha-6 Isolate.
    Nitrix.
    Thermonex.
    Epozine-o2.

    Other:
    Opti-Men.
    Zma.
    Vit-C.
    Calcium & Magnesium.
    Glucosamine & Chondroitin.
    Hgh Up.
    Im not at all a contest bodybuilder bro, but cellmass is pretty sugary, and syntha 6 is quite high calorie for a daily post wo protein. Just a thought brother. Killer products! Just, not something i personally would put on my list for precontest. Amino X watermelon is literally the most delicious supplement in the world. And i hate watermelon lol
  15. New Member
    Aggie2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    10269
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    70.97%

    If you don't mind me asking, what Post-Workout set up would you use? And would the sugar really matter after an intense workout?
  16. New Member
    grandroid828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    53041
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    17.42%

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012
    Not to mention I'm 17weeks 4 days out. Weighing roughly 184.5 lbs.
    Current supplements:
    Pre-workout: Im using up all my free samples I have.
    Post-workout: carnivor w/ aminos, and glutamine.

    I take zma before bed. Also 2 hgh up.
    I take 3 hgh up and one of the free sample fat burner in the morning.

    Next week I start my new BSN stack:
    NO Xplode.
    Cell mass.
    AminoX.
    HyperShred.
    Syntha-6 Isolate.
    Nitrix.
    Thermonex.
    Epozine-o2.

    Other:
    Opti-Men.
    Zma.
    Vit-C.
    Calcium & Magnesium.
    Glucosamine & Chondroitin.
    Hgh Up.
    Oh and thermonex, hypershred, and no xplode stacked together is gonna be bad. Full dose of hyper shred and noxplode alone is 900 mg caffeine :/ muchless the thermonex. And people normally have heart problems around 1200, tho i find i can take 1200 with minimal sides.
  17. New Member
    grandroid828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    53041
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    17.42%

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012
    If you don't mind me asking, what Post-Workout set up would you use? And would the sugar really matter after an intense workout?
    Well it is good after an intense workout yes, but it still matters. The "insulin spike" im assuming youre after can be triggered with just a few grams of plain sugar, and i havent checked cellmass 2.0 but im assuming its probably upwards of 20, which is, considerably more than necessary. But it wont be detrimental. And post workout while in precontest mode, either a beef protein like dymatize primal, cuz that lets u get beef aminos with zero fat, or just like whey gold standard by ON. Super low calorie and fat but still pure whey.
  18. New Member
    Aggie2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    10269
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    70.97%

    I'm currently using Carnivor by musclemeds, and that's full of amino's itself. I hate to ask again, but for my goal and contest what would you recommend as a full pre-contest stack?
  19. New Member
    Aggie2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    10269
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    70.97%

    Before Pics.


    I took these October 1st. I started my cut last Sunday. Faces are terrible! Haha but here you go.Name:  117.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  213.2 KBName:  118.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  220.6 KBName:  119.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  208.5 KBName:  120.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  224.8 KBName:  125.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  227.2 KBName:  126.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  222.5 KBName:  127.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  213.2 KBName:  129.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  221.6 KBName:  131.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  245.3 KBName:  133.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  219.2 KB
    I'll post current progress pics next sunday!
  20. New Member
    grandroid828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    53041
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    17.42%

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012
    I took these October 1st. I started my cut last Sunday. Faces are terrible! Haha but here you go.<img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71 334"/><img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71 335"/><img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71 336"/><img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71 337"/><img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71 338"/><img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71 339"/><img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71 340"/><img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71 341"/><img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71 342"/><img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71 343"/>
    I'll post current progress pics next sunday!
    Looks great brother. Youre definitely going in with much more developed legs and calves than most. And thatll give u a huge advantage.

    And as far as precontest natty, just make sure you taper carbs correctly, loads of protein and bcaa to prevent loss, and maybe a fat burner to help with water and calorie burning. Doesnt have to be too complicated bro. Diet should be the super complicated part
  21. New Member
    Aggie2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    10269
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    70.97%

    I agree. I'm kinda worrying too much about supplements. I should just do what you said. I plan to only buy protein, bcaa's, fat burner, and a pre. I'm still confused on which ones to buy. I've been reading forums all day and talking to people at my gym and no luck.
  22. New Member
    grandroid828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    53041
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    17.42%

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012
    I agree. I'm kinda worrying too much about supplements. I should just do what you said. I plan to only buy protein, bcaa's, fat burner, and a pre. I'm still confused on which ones to buy. I've been reading forums all day and talking to people at my gym and no luck.
    Fat burner- original oxyelite WORKS. But. Its very stim heavy. Pes alphamine, pes erase pro, lecheek nutrition alpha t2 (throid stimulator), and usplabs compound 20 would be a KILLER leaning and hardening stack. I mean killer. Any one of those products on their own are good. Muchless stacked
  23. New Member
    Aggie2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    10269
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    70.97%

    I'll have to look them up, when I get off work tonight. I'm excited. I had cardio/ calves/ abs today, it was awesome. I got my conditioning back so I actually enjoyed the stairmaster. I could've done better I think for abs, but I don't want to overtrain them to the point I just have a belly of muscle.
  24. New Member
    grandroid828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    53041
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    17.42%

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012
    I'll have to look them up, when I get off work tonight. I'm excited. I had cardio/ calves/ abs today, it was awesome. I got my conditioning back so I actually enjoyed the stairmaster. I could've done better I think for abs, but I don't want to overtrain them to the point I just have a belly of muscle.
    Thas definitely possible. But highly unlikely if youre natural. Which i assume you are since youre looking at fat burners instead of steroids that are cutters lol. That ronnie coleman type belly youre referring to is typically indicitave of certain types of steroids, and/or genes. Youd be quite hard pressed to acheive that natty. But thats awesome bro
  25. New Member
    Aggie2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    10269
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    70.97%

    Haha thanks man!
  26. New Member
    Aggie2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    10269
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    70.97%

    I decided I'll start logging my info today instead of Sunday. I'm still going to post my current progress pics on Sunday though, as well as my current wait. First off I'll give a run down of everything in general. This is my first contest April 6 2013, NGA Grand Teton Invitational. I weighed myself last Wednesday at 184.5lbs. I would like to cut down to 170 to compete in the middleweight division. My current diet is 35% protein, 35% carbs, and 30% fat. My training schedule looks like this: 2 Days on 1 Day off. Order of muscles worked: Back, Chest, Legs, Delts, and Arms. Yesterday was my day off, today I train chest. I usually lift around 7-9 in the morning, but my last two lifts Back, and Delts I didn't feel I had the drive and focus. I did some unorthodox things to get me in the game (slap my face, louder music, etc.) I finished strong but still was disappointed due to my lack of drive/ focus. Tonight I plan to train chest in the evening to give it a shot to see how I respond to evening training. More meals maybe more energy and focus? We'll find out in about 5hrs.
    My training for tonight:
    Flat Bench w/ Bands 4x8-12
    Incline Db Bench 4x8-12
    Flat Db Bench 4x8-12
    Decline Hammer Bench 4x8-12
    High Crossover 4x8-12
    Machine Flye 3x8-12
    Warm-up sets not listed. On occasion I'll add a 5min warm-up before lifting on a cardio machine.
    I train abs/ calves every other day.
    I know I'll probably get a lot of criticism for how many sets I do, but I like the volume and it's whats been working for me these past few yrs of training.
    My supplements right now aren't set in stone, I have a few servings left before I need to buy my new stack which will be this weekend.
    Wake up: 3 Hgh Up pills, and a serving of a Fat burner(I have free samples I'm using).
    Opti-Men: 3 pills spread out.
    Vit-c: 1 pill after breakfast.
    Pre-Workout: I use whatever free sample I have.
    Post: Carnivor, W/ amino's/ glutamine.
    Bedtime: 2 Hgh Up pills, 3 Zma pills.

    My Diet like I stated earlier: 35/35/30. I'm not sure if i'm eating too much or not, But here's a sample, my diet today so far/ regularly:

    Meal 1: 8 egg whites/ 2 whole eggs. 1c of mushrooms/onions. 2tsp Louisiana hot sauce. 1c oats. 1 serving green tea.
    Meal 2: 4 celery sticks. 2tbs almond butter.
    Meal 3: 4oz chicken, 4oz tilapia, 1c quinoa, 100g sweet potato.
    My next 3 meals look the same, except one has salad.
    I have a feeling I'm consuming too many carbs but correct me if I'm wrong. I don't feel stuffed after eating, I have a pretty fast metabolism because no longer than 30min-1hr I'm starving. Last but not least my water consumption: 1-3gal/ day.
  27. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,903
    Rep Power
    7167051
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    42.55%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    In for the win bud!
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  28. New Member
    Aggie2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    10269
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    70.97%

    My lift tonight went pretty well, I felt stronger in some exercises so I went a bit heavier. The test of training in the evening compared to the morning was alright, I still like mornings better, I feel I have more energy. I didn't train with a pre w/o since I'm out this weekend i'm getting some. I did some posing after and I could use some help with that. Does anyone know any good exercise to improve the side chest pose? I feel as if my chest is thick in the middle but not as thick on the top. I do incline db, and high crossovers for the upper pecs. I recently did switch my first exercise to a flat bench. I think next week I'm going to take it out and replace it with another incline movement. Opinions?
  29. New Member
    hossjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    264
    Rep Power
    5025
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    87.18%

    Great idea starting a journal. Maybe you describe earlier why (sorry I am admittedly being lazy as I have a class coming in very shortly), but what's the reasoning behind the 30% fat?
    PREMIUM NUTRACEUTICALS (PNI) REP/ATHLETE
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME
  30. New Member
    Aggie2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    10269
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    70.97%

    This being my first run at making my own diet, I wanted everything to be about equal. I had some fat to start with on this prep. I want to keep fats low, and stick to natural occurring fats. Only actual fat i'm consuming is almond butter, and my cooking oils (oil and coco) when I cook. Right now my carbs at about 8oz/ per meal. I do this because it meets my daily macros, and plus I don't get as fatigue in the gym. I don't know for sure if eating that much is good or bad, but I feel it's working for me. I'll be 17 weeks out this Saturday. I plan to have my diet high in carbs for about 7 weeks, then i'll cut 1/4 or half my carb intake. I've planned for my last 6 weeks of prep to be nothing but fish and eggs for my protein source, and oats/ brown rice for 1 serving each a day, and the rest of my meals to be eaten with greens. How's that?
  31. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,903
    Rep Power
    7167051
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    42.55%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012 View Post
    This being my first run at making my own diet, I wanted everything to be about equal. I had some fat to start with on this prep. I want to keep fats low, and stick to natural occurring fats. Only actual fat i'm consuming is almond butter, and my cooking oils (oil and coco) when I cook. Right now my carbs at about 8oz/ per meal. I do this because it meets my daily macros, and plus I don't get as fatigue in the gym. I don't know for sure if eating that much is good or bad, but I feel it's working for me. I'll be 17 weeks out this Saturday. I plan to have my diet high in carbs for about 7 weeks, then i'll cut 1/4 or half my carb intake. I've planned for my last 6 weeks of prep to be nothing but fish and eggs for my protein source, and oats/ brown rice for 1 serving each a day, and the rest of my meals to be eaten with greens. How's that?
    prior to prep you might try some weeks of keto to dry out a bit and then carb load right before to plump up. Also, throw in some extra virgin coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil for fats. EVOO has lots of monounsaturated fats to keep your hormone levels going and EVCO does really well for energy during Keto due to its high MCT content.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  32. New Member
    Aggie2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    10269
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    70.97%

    I've heard of both Keto, and Carb loading, I don't know much about either. I'll do some research on it today. How long should keto and carb loading last?
  33. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,903
    Rep Power
    7167051
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    42.55%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012 View Post
    I've heard of both Keto, and Carb loading, I don't know much about either. I'll do some research on it today. How long should keto and carb loading last?
    Eh, as long as you like really. A good thing to remember is that carbs will always make you carry water. I think it's about 3gH2O/1g carbs (here's an article with some references from Lyle McDonald http://www.justinowings.com/understa...d-glycogen-de/ best I could find quickly)

    So when you deplete glycogen by going Keto, you can dry out a lot. you will also burn more energy from fat in a keto state. Then when you carb load for a couple of days you'll pump back up with glycogen but subcutaneous water storage will be minimized (in my experience) which will leave you pumped and vascular but not puffy looking which is just what you want for your competition.

    Right now I'm doing 5 days wil less than 50g carbs (all from leafy veggies for bulk), and 2 days of about 200-300g carbs each.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  34. New Member
    Aggie2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    10269
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    70.97%

    Wow that sounds intense, so intense that i'll probably give it a shot. I always love a challenge! "If it's easy, your aren't working hard enough". So do you go 5 days low carb, then 2 day high I take it?
  35. New Member
    pushinweightw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    416
    Rep Power
    19177
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    55.23%

    1.Pick a plan and stick to it.
    2.Take weekly pictures identical to the one's you have posted. This will allow you to post them here and get honest feedback from those who have been there done that and have no vested interest in your feelings.
    3.I agree with tossing the scale, it matters not.
    4.Do not reduce cals too much too quickly and do not increase cardio to the max from the beginning as you need to be able to adjust something when you hit walls.
    5.This kind of goes with 1 but once you decide on a plan or a person to listen to try not to gather information that may contradict what you are doing. Doubting your prep can be as detrimental as out right not following it. You end up changing the plan and all things can go to hell in a handbasket.
    6.If it were me I would steer clear of BSN and any other company that has a large amount of ingredients in their products. I am not saying they are inherently bad it's just in prep you want to have as FEW AS POSSIBLE VARIABLES influencing your condition. With 20+ ingredients per product it can be hard to nail down what is doing what to your condition. Stick to products with one or two ingredients and proteins that are very basic, ie not loaded with carbs and fat like Syntha 6(not normally a big deal but this is contest prep where little things can be the difference between 1st2nd or 4th 5th.)
    7. With all the money your proposed stack would cost you could hire someone who has coached people in the past. Ask to see pictures of their results.
    8.Have fun, good luck, your starting at a good condition IMO and your legs will give some guys a reason to take pause. I wish you luck!


  36. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,903
    Rep Power
    7167051
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    42.55%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012 View Post
    Wow that sounds intense, so intense that i'll probably give it a shot. I always love a challenge! "If it's easy, your aren't working hard enough". So do you go 5 days low carb, then 2 day high I take it?
    exactly!
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  37. New Member
    Aggie2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    10269
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    70.97%

    Thanks pushinweightw! I appreciate the compliment of the legs. And I agree with what you were saying about the supps and cardio. Starting off my prep like I said I had a good some of fat, so my first instinct was lots of cardio. I was doing cardio 15-40min a day. Earlier this week I noticed that I was doing it too much to start off. I stop doing cardio until next week, which i will do 3 sessions Mon-Wed-Fri for 15min each on stairmaster. As far as scales go weight isn't a big worry, I just like to know where i'm at, my goal still stands at 170. But there is a quote i've heard that I like "Don't worry about the scales, go by how you feel and look like in the pics and mirrors" something like that. As far as supps I completely through out my idea of buying all bsn products let alone that many supps. I got some advice on some different more better supps from cswalczakny, I decided i'm giving them a shot, i'm buying them this weekend, and I should get them in the mail within a week or two. Thanks again for some feedback, and advice guys!
  38. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,903
    Rep Power
    7167051
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    42.55%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012 View Post
    Thanks pushinweightw! I appreciate the compliment of the legs. And I agree with what you were saying about the supps and cardio. Starting off my prep like I said I had a good some of fat, so my first instinct was lots of cardio. I was doing cardio 15-40min a day. Earlier this week I noticed that I was doing it too much to start off. I stop doing cardio until next week, which i will do 3 sessions Mon-Wed-Fri for 15min each on stairmaster. As far as scales go weight isn't a big worry, I just like to know where i'm at, my goal still stands at 170. But there is a quote i've heard that I like "Don't worry about the scales, go by how you feel and look like in the pics and mirrors" something like that. As far as supps I completely through out my idea of buying all bsn products let alone that many supps. I got some advice on some different more better supps from cswalczakny, I decided i'm giving them a shot, i'm buying them this weekend, and I should get them in the mail within a week or two. Thanks again for some feedback, and advice guys!
    We have a promo going on right now too if you want to try to win a bottle of something!

    Formutech Nutrition pick and choose logging promotion
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  39. Senior Member
    02sixxer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,654
    Rep Power
    389587
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    16.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie2012 View Post
    My lift tonight went pretty well, I felt stronger in some exercises so I went a bit heavier. The test of training in the evening compared to the morning was alright, I still like mornings better, I feel I have more energy. I didn't train with a pre w/o since I'm out this weekend i'm getting some. I did some posing after and I could use some help with that. Does anyone know any good exercise to improve the side chest pose? I feel as if my chest is thick in the middle but not as thick on the top. I do incline db, and high crossovers for the upper pecs. I recently did switch my first exercise to a flat bench. I think next week I'm going to take it out and replace it with another incline movement. Opinions?

    When using a pre workout, I like one that focuses more on pumps then energy. I like sustained energy for the workout, but I dont like the tweaking feeling, it makes me sick.

    Change the first exerscise to an incline chest movement. If you feel that your weak point make sure to focus your training around it. I like to start with incline dumbell press. I also do 3 sets of incline bench on delt day as my last exerscise. I make sure to get a hard long flex when doing dumbells and on the excentric movement I am very slow as to put the weight on the muscle for a longer period of time. From time to time, I see people cutting themself short by not going all the way down with dumbells and staying a few inches above their chest. Make sure the movements are complete.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  40. New Member
    Aggie2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    10269
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    70.97%

    First exercise for my chest workout has been changed, next week I will test it see how it goes. Thanks! cswalczakny I put my info down for that thread.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Plz Help with Superdrol
    By Napilion in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 06:26 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 02:01 PM
  3. Terrible School Weightroom PLZ HELP
    By Rebel in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-2005, 02:43 PM
  4. 1st time cycle help
    By blitzit in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2004, 08:35 PM
  5. cycle 90% figured out (T-1 PRO) plz help
    By goldylight in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 05:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in