Average bench press

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Answers

Average bench press

I'm pretty new to this site, and was wondering what would be the average bench press for my weight. I weigh 133 and my height is 5' 6"ish, I've been in the gym for about 2 years now. My BP max-225..DL max-325 I don't squat because I got a bad back.

2. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tcombs911
    I'm pretty new to this site, and was wondering what would be the average bench press for my weight. I weigh 133 and my height is 5' 6"ish, I've been in the gym for about 2 years now. My BP max-225..DL max-325 I don't squat because I got a bad back.
    You don't squat due to a bad back but you DL 325?
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tcombs911 View Post
    If you can bench double your bodyweight then you're Real strong..And you're almost there.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Your average Joe probably has a 1:1 ratio of bench weight to body mass so you're way above the rest in that department.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick

You don't squat due to a bad back but you DL 325?
    All that weight on the shoulders really puts a strain on me lol. I just really didn't get in to squats to tell you the truth. I know it's an all around workout but I don't like it lol guess I'm weird!
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta

If you can bench double your bodyweight then you're Real strong..And you're almost there.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks a lot! All the guys I go to the gym with are HUGE! Almost all of them compete and are crazy strong! So I was wondering how I stood. 4 of the guys hold Kentucky strongman state, and national titles!
  7. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

All that weight on the shoulders really puts a strain on me lol. I just really didn't get in to squats to tell you the truth. I know it's an all around workout but I don't like it lol guess I'm weird!
    Almost nobody likes it bro. If you like squat day you're obviously doing it wrong. You're numbers look good, hard to tell because proper form makes a big difference and Idk what your form looks like but if you aren't squatting you're definitely doing something wrong. At this point I would just say start squatting bro, start light and work on technique because you don't want to get hurt but you really do need to squat, and eat more lol.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Almost nobody likes it bro. If you like squat day you're obviously doing it wrong. You're numbers look good, hard to tell because proper form makes a big difference and Idk what your form looks like but if you aren't squatting you're definitely doing something wrong. At this point I would just say start squatting bro, start light and work on technique because you don't want to get hurt but you really do need to squat, and eat more lol.
    I'll try and get a video of some form Monday so you all can help me out. Yeah I'm gonna start to squat Monday to try and build my legs up. I eat a lot just not as healthy as I should haha,
  9. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I'll try and get a video of some form Monday so you all can help me out. Yeah I'm gonna start to squat Monday to try and build my legs up. I eat a lot just not as healthy as I should haha,
    Do you track macros? You probably should, I notice that people, including myself, tend to think they're eating more than they are until they start tracking it.

Also depending on your technique your lifts may be significantly higher, or lower, than what is listed.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

10. Registered User
    Answers

Do you track macros? You probably should, I notice that people, including myself, tend to think they're eating more than they are until they start tracking it.

Also depending on your technique your lifts may be significantly higher, or lower, than what is listed.
    Never tracked macros before. To tell you the truth I've never even heard of it haha! I do the sumo DL and a competitive style bench press. I'll get you all a video to see what I'm doing right/wrong
  11. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Never tracked macros before. To tell you the truth I've never even heard of it haha! I do the sumo DL and a competitive style bench press. I'll get you all a video to see what I'm doing right/wrong
    Have you seen elitefts so you think you can bench series?

You can get phone apps for tracking macros and total calorie consumption. Its definitely worth doing.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

12. Registered User
    Answers

You can get phone apps for tracking macros and total calorie consumption. Its definitely worth doing.
    I haven't saw it. I'll d/l the macro counter right now!! I'm glad I posted this on here now! Thanks guys
  13. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Answers

my mind exploded at the squat bad back deadlift part
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  150 lbs.
    Answers

I'm 5'10" 160lbs and my 1RM is 275... benching your body weight for reps is considered average, double your weight puts you in the top 33%
    You are your own maker. Train dirty.
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kdeome
    I'm 5'10" 160lbs and my 1RM is 275... benching your body weight for reps is considered average, double your weight puts you in the top 33%
    Hell yeah! I'm doing a lot better then I thought then!
  16. Registered User
    Answers

Wow, I downloaded the macro app. And I am really not eating enough. Just to maintain I'm suppose to eat 224g of carbs lol. Dose this app really work??
  17. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Wow, I downloaded the macro app. And I am really not eating enough. Just to maintain I'm suppose to eat 224g of carbs lol. Dose this app really work??
    It works for tracking. The calculator in there will give you a rough estimate of your calories required to maintain but depending on the one you got it may or may not let you input specific macronutrient goals.

What I do is I use the calorie total to start and gauge my results from what I see at that level for a few weeks before I decide if I need to raise or lower total calories. You will also want to change the percentages of macros to suit your goals. Like getting 1g per lb of bw in protein and .3g per pound in fats and then fill in the rest with carbs.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

18. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kdeome
    So you're saying 1 out of 3 people bench double their bw or more?

Lol I feel a lot like your just making up numbers.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

19. Registered User
    Answers

It works for tracking. The calculator in there will give you a rough estimate of your calories required to maintain but depending on the one you got it may or may not let you input specific macronutrient goals.

What I do is I use the calorie total to start and gauge my results from what I see at that level for a few weeks before I decide if I need to raise or lower total calories. You will also want to change the percentages of macros to suit your goals. Like getting 1g per lb of bw in protein and .3g per pound in fats and then fill in the rest with carbs.
    Thanks a lot man, I was so confused I didnt know if I was suppose to eat a lot of carbs and a lot of proteins or what.
  20. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kdeome View Post
    It could be true, but statistics like that seem kinda.....random. I mean what kinda sample population was used. I doubt there was a census survey sent out measuring bench press. Or even a survey done at a gym or something. I think these stats are more rule of thumb then real.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Well you know that 96.82 % of statistics are made up...

I can guarantee that nowhere near 33% of people or lifters can bench double bodyweight... Most natural raw powerlifters can't bench double bodyweight. Most non-natural raw powerlifters can't bench double their own bodyweight. In fact Daniel Greene who just broke the all time world record for raw powerlifting at 220 only benched double bodyweight AFTER cutting 30lbs for his competition. The Rhino, Stan Efferding is another one of the top raw powerlifters... he doesn't bench double bodyweight either.
    Need2 Transformation Progress http://anabolicminds.com/forum/needtobuildmuscle-mrsupps/167648-legacyfighters-needtobuildmuscle-contest.html
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Legacyfighter View Post

I can guarantee that nowhere near 33% of people or lifters can bench double bodyweight... Most natural raw powerlifters can't bench double bodyweight. Most non-natural raw powerlifters can't bench double their own bodyweight. In fact Daniel Greene who just broke the all time world record for raw powerlifting at 220 only benched double bodyweight AFTER cutting 30lbs for his competition. The Rhino, Stan Efferding is another one of the top raw powerlifters... he doesn't bench double bodyweight either.
    This.

Btw I thought it was closer to 93.34%?
  23. Registered User
    Answers

Lol I've started something here haven't I?
  24. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Legacyfighter View Post

I'm 160 benching 315 easy. I can hit 320 for sure and I'm also around 9% bf.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TEH253 View Post

not buyin it
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Answers

Cocky first post.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

What's that thing Mark Bell always says?

Oh yeah, vids or it didn't happen.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  28. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

Cocky first post.
  29. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Name:  image-1859170499.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  366.3 KB

30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Video please. I am not saying you are lying, but there's a lot of people in this forum claiming nice numbers and never showing videos...and when they do :/ the form is rather bad, not full ROM or competition ROM and they just don't show the numbers/lifts they boast so much about.

It is amazing you are like this...specially since my team captain is raw, he is the Junior National Champion and just got sponsored to the next Worlds meet...and he has a 335 bench at 180~ right now...so forgive me if I am doubtful.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  31. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Name:  image-1859170499.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  366.3 KB

What the hell does that prove?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kdeome View Post
    lol made up numbers. 1/3 doing double body weight? yea right
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    What the hell does that prove?
    That he can hold a 315 bar at around 35-40% ROM...
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

or hat he can google a picture
  35. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Re: Average bench press

Quote Originally Posted by tcombs911 View Post
    http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLi...hStandards.htm

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLi...hStandards.htm

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S(TM)II using Tapatalk 2
    fuk yeah im considered advanced! you just made my day
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    fuk yeah im considered advanced! you just made my day
    I'm proud to be intermediate in Squat, Bench and Dead lol...265 , 205 and 335-345 for now haha. For a 140-145~...yeah I can keep going for advanced !
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Answers

I look at that chart to make me feel better about myself on my down days.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post

I'm proud to be intermediate in Squat, Bench and Dead lol...265 , 205 and 335-345 for now haha. For a 140-145~...yeah I can keep going for advanced !
    i just got done lookin at the others. im only advanced in bench and thats barely. im still intermediate in everything else lol. im still happy to claim that. ima book mark that page
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    i just got done lookin at the others. im only advanced in bench and thats barely. im still intermediate in everything else lol. im still happy to claim that. ima book mark that page
    Me too, that was a major cheer-up considering I thought I wouldn't even rank intermediate haha. My squat has barely started to go up since late november...had a 225 and barely got a 265 last week. Like they say little by little I guess !
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Am I gripping the BB too close for bench pressing?
    By Rock Lee in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-27-2013, 07:49 PM
  2. Bench Press Help
    By Swanson52 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-09-2013, 12:13 AM
  3. Is there anyone who doesn't flat bench press at all?
    By Rock Lee in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 12:45 PM
  4. rev bench press is this any good
    By BigRich in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 02:04 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 11:03 AM