Average bench press

tcombs911

Awards
I'm pretty new to this site, and was wondering what would be the average bench press for my weight. I weigh 133 and my height is 5' 6"ish, I've been in the gym for about 2 years now. My BP max-225..DL max-325 I don't squat because I got a bad back.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm pretty new to this site, and was wondering what would be the average bench press for my weight. I weigh 133 and my height is 5' 6"ish, I've been in the gym for about 2 years now. My BP max-225..DL max-325 I don't squat because I got a bad back.
If you can bench double your bodyweight then you're Real strong..And you're almost there.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Your average Joe probably has a 1:1 ratio of bench weight to body mass so you're way above the rest in that department.

tcombs911

Awards
You don't squat due to a bad back but you DL 325?
All that weight on the shoulders really puts a strain on me lol. I just really didn't get in to squats to tell you the truth. I know it's an all around workout but I don't like it lol guess I'm weird!

tcombs911

Awards
If you can bench double your bodyweight then you're Real strong..And you're almost there.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
Thanks a lot! All the guys I go to the gym with are HUGE! Almost all of them compete and are crazy strong! So I was wondering how I stood. 4 of the guys hold Kentucky strongman state, and national titles!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All that weight on the shoulders really puts a strain on me lol. I just really didn't get in to squats to tell you the truth. I know it's an all around workout but I don't like it lol guess I'm weird!
Almost nobody likes it bro. If you like squat day you're obviously doing it wrong. You're numbers look good, hard to tell because proper form makes a big difference and Idk what your form looks like but if you aren't squatting you're definitely doing something wrong. At this point I would just say start squatting bro, start light and work on technique because you don't want to get hurt but you really do need to squat, and eat more lol.

tcombs911

Awards
Almost nobody likes it bro. If you like squat day you're obviously doing it wrong. You're numbers look good, hard to tell because proper form makes a big difference and Idk what your form looks like but if you aren't squatting you're definitely doing something wrong. At this point I would just say start squatting bro, start light and work on technique because you don't want to get hurt but you really do need to squat, and eat more lol.
I'll try and get a video of some form Monday so you all can help me out. Yeah I'm gonna start to squat Monday to try and build my legs up. I eat a lot just not as healthy as I should haha,

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll try and get a video of some form Monday so you all can help me out. Yeah I'm gonna start to squat Monday to try and build my legs up. I eat a lot just not as healthy as I should haha,
Do you track macros? You probably should, I notice that people, including myself, tend to think they're eating more than they are until they start tracking it.

Also depending on your technique your lifts may be significantly higher, or lower, than what is listed.

tcombs911

Awards
Do you track macros? You probably should, I notice that people, including myself, tend to think they're eating more than they are until they start tracking it.

Also depending on your technique your lifts may be significantly higher, or lower, than what is listed.
Never tracked macros before. To tell you the truth I've never even heard of it haha! I do the sumo DL and a competitive style bench press. I'll get you all a video to see what I'm doing right/wrong

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never tracked macros before. To tell you the truth I've never even heard of it haha! I do the sumo DL and a competitive style bench press. I'll get you all a video to see what I'm doing right/wrong
Have you seen elitefts so you think you can bench series?

You can get phone apps for tracking macros and total calorie consumption. Its definitely worth doing.

tcombs911

Awards

You can get phone apps for tracking macros and total calorie consumption. Its definitely worth doing.
I haven't saw it. I'll d/l the macro counter right now!! I'm glad I posted this on here now! Thanks guys

kdeome

kdeome

Awards
I'm 5'10" 160lbs and my 1RM is 275... benching your body weight for reps is considered average, double your weight puts you in the top 33%

tcombs911

Awards
I'm 5'10" 160lbs and my 1RM is 275... benching your body weight for reps is considered average, double your weight puts you in the top 33%
Hell yeah! I'm doing a lot better then I thought then!

tcombs911

Awards

Wow, I downloaded the macro app. And I am really not eating enough. Just to maintain I'm suppose to eat 224g of carbs lol. Dose this app really work??

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, I downloaded the macro app. And I am really not eating enough. Just to maintain I'm suppose to eat 224g of carbs lol. Dose this app really work??
It works for tracking. The calculator in there will give you a rough estimate of your calories required to maintain but depending on the one you got it may or may not let you input specific macronutrient goals.

What I do is I use the calorie total to start and gauge my results from what I see at that level for a few weeks before I decide if I need to raise or lower total calories. You will also want to change the percentages of macros to suit your goals. Like getting 1g per lb of bw in protein and .3g per pound in fats and then fill in the rest with carbs.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you're saying 1 out of 3 people bench double their bw or more?

Lol I feel a lot like your just making up numbers.

tcombs911

Awards
It works for tracking. The calculator in there will give you a rough estimate of your calories required to maintain but depending on the one you got it may or may not let you input specific macronutrient goals.

What I do is I use the calorie total to start and gauge my results from what I see at that level for a few weeks before I decide if I need to raise or lower total calories. You will also want to change the percentages of macros to suit your goals. Like getting 1g per lb of bw in protein and .3g per pound in fats and then fill in the rest with carbs.
Thanks a lot man, I was so confused I didnt know if I was suppose to eat a lot of carbs and a lot of proteins or what.

Silachoo

Awards
It could be true, but statistics like that seem kinda.....random. I mean what kinda sample population was used. I doubt there was a census survey sent out measuring bench press. Or even a survey done at a gym or something. I think these stats are more rule of thumb then real.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Well you know that 96.82 % of statistics are made up...

I can guarantee that nowhere near 33% of people or lifters can bench double bodyweight... Most natural raw powerlifters can't bench double bodyweight. Most non-natural raw powerlifters can't bench double their own bodyweight. In fact Daniel Greene who just broke the all time world record for raw powerlifting at 220 only benched double bodyweight AFTER cutting 30lbs for his competition. The Rhino, Stan Efferding is another one of the top raw powerlifters... he doesn't bench double bodyweight either.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

I can guarantee that nowhere near 33% of people or lifters can bench double bodyweight... Most natural raw powerlifters can't bench double bodyweight. Most non-natural raw powerlifters can't bench double their own bodyweight. In fact Daniel Greene who just broke the all time world record for raw powerlifting at 220 only benched double bodyweight AFTER cutting 30lbs for his competition. The Rhino, Stan Efferding is another one of the top raw powerlifters... he doesn't bench double bodyweight either.
This.

Btw I thought it was closer to 93.34%? ;)

TEH253

TEH253

Banned
Awards

I'm 160 benching 315 easy. I can hit 320 for sure and I'm also around 9% bf.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's that thing Mark Bell always says?

Oh yeah, vids or it didn't happen.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Video please. I am not saying you are lying, but there's a lot of people in this forum claiming nice numbers and never showing videos...and when they do :/ the form is rather bad, not full ROM or competition ROM and they just don't show the numbers/lifts they boast so much about.

It is amazing you are like this...specially since my team captain is raw, he is the Junior National Champion and just got sponsored to the next Worlds meet...and he has a 335 bench at 180~ right now...so forgive me if I am doubtful.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
lol made up numbers. 1/3 doing double body weight? yea right

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Celorza

Celorza

Awards
fuk yeah im considered advanced! you just made my day
I'm proud to be intermediate in Squat, Bench and Dead lol...265 , 205 and 335-345 for now haha. For a 140-145~...yeah I can keep going for advanced :D!

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
I'm proud to be intermediate in Squat, Bench and Dead lol...265 , 205 and 335-345 for now haha. For a 140-145~...yeah I can keep going for advanced :D!
i just got done lookin at the others. im only advanced in bench and thats barely. im still intermediate in everything else lol. im still happy to claim that. ima book mark that page

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
i just got done lookin at the others. im only advanced in bench and thats barely. im still intermediate in everything else lol. im still happy to claim that. ima book mark that page
Me too, that was a major cheer-up considering I thought I wouldn't even rank intermediate haha. My squat has barely started to go up since late november...had a 225 and barely got a 265 last week. Like they say little by little I guess :D!

stillnatural

stillnatural

Awards
225 bench press at 133 is awesome. Keep at it and by the time your at 150 you'll get 300. I've hit 347 at 175 at a usapl meet I have a video on YouTube but I can't links on here.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Video please. I am not saying you are lying, but there's a lot of people in this forum claiming nice numbers and never showing videos...and when they do :/ the form is rather bad, not full ROM or competition ROM and they just don't show the numbers/lifts they boast so much about.

It is amazing you are like this...specially since my team captain is raw, he is the Junior National Champion and just got sponsored to the next Worlds meet...and he has a 335 bench at 180~ right now...so forgive me if I am doubtful.
Yea full ROM no cheating. I can't afford to cheat on lifts anymore. Kills my ego to go lighter and use a solid rep tempo with perfect form but I think its worth it in the end. When I start to fail I know cheating will get me the extra rep but breaking form will utilize other muscles and increase risk of injury or in my case tendon inflammation...**** that

TEH253

TEH253

Banned
Awards
It won't let me post the video due to only 3 post so far....

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
It won't let me post the video due to only 3 post so far....
Copy paste the youtube link here, just separate it with some random spaces, don't worry we have no problem fixing it, copy pasting it and watching it brother :)!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Upload to YouTube and throw in the link here with out the ' www. '

edit: what he said^

TEH253

TEH253

Banned
Awards
Copy paste the youtube link here, just separate it with some random spaces, don't worry we have no problem fixing it, copy pasting it and watching it brother :)!
htt. p://. yout. u.be/. Ga1R1MQV6dw