Needing help, please leave suggestions

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Needing help, please leave suggestions

Ok ima very experienced lifter but I'm in the military and just transferred to a new base and there all about PT- 5 days a week usually a 2-3 mile run every single day. I go hit my workout in the gym every morning before work, then I gotta go do the bull**** PT were required to do. I'm curious in everyone's thoughts about how I can retain my muscle mass from lifting but also Havin to Run 2-3 miles a day after my lifts in the morning? Should I just keep my calorie intake high? Clean of course, comments please

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

yea keep your calories very high. cortisol levels are your enemy here because a 2-3 mile run will hike them way up there. you can invest in some cort blockers if you have to. sports drinks some simple carbs will help fight off cort levels too. you can also spike your insulin after the run.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Yeah ive always done post workout carbs, I usually do gummy bears with my protein shake for simple sugars, I workout in the mornings before PT, my breakfast is optimum nutrition weight gainer with a piece of fruit, then my post workout is half a serving a weight gainer with my gummy bears, been workin great, but now all this damn runnin every single day has thrown me for a loop
    •   

4. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush8780
    Ok ima very experienced lifter but I'm in the military and just transferred to a new base and there all about PT- 5 days a week usually a 2-3 mile run every single day. I go hit my workout in the gym every morning before work, then I gotta go do the bull**** PT were required to do. I'm curious in everyone's thoughts about how I can retain my muscle mass from lifting but also Havin to Run 2-3 miles a day after my lifts in the morning? Should I just keep my calorie intake high? Clean of course, comments please
    I'm in the 82nd ABN bro. We get our 4-5 miles a day so I feel your pain. You just have to keep the calorie intake higher than your used to so that you can recover from both workouts. You'll get used it in time bro.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Yeah bro thats what I figured, I been in the weights and nutrition for a long time but my last base did PT this damn much so I never had to deal with it, thanks bro, I weigh around 215-220 pretty lean, what u thinkin 4500 to 5000 clean calories a day?
  6. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush8780
    Yeah bro thats what I figured, I been in the weights and nutrition for a long time but my last base did PT this damn much so I never had to deal with it, thanks bro, I weigh around 215-220 pretty lean, what u thinkin 4500 to 5000 clean calories a day?
    Idk bro, there are a lot of variables there that could change that. To me that sounds OK because I'm only ~170 and I take in close to 4000 right now trying to gain.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Yea I'm just gone keep them high
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. need help please!!!
    By dorourke in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 07:16 PM
  2. Need help please!
    By grizzlyman25 in forum Anabolics