Creatine back pumps?

1. Creatine back pumps?

So I took 7 grams of creatine couple days ago. 3 grams at 7pm and 4 at 10pm'ish and the next morning I had back pumps bad! Did I over do the creatine or over do my deadlifts. Still kinda pumpy back there. I won't take 7 again. I didn't know if I had taken it so I took it again. Any input?

2. dead lifts would be my guess. especially if you just started running the creatine

3. That's what I thought but I've been running some pretty 'crystally' creatine for about 5 months now but on the other hand I just started deadlifts again after my back injury, probably deadlifts your right.
    •   

4. You may not be drinking enough water and your dehydrating yourself since creatine is trying to retain it in the muscles

5. Quote Originally Posted by GoGetSwole
    So I took 7 grams of creatine couple days ago. 3 grams at 7pm and 4 at 10pm'ish and the next morning I had back pumps bad! Did I over do the creatine or over do my deadlifts. Still kinda pumpy back there. I won't take 7 again. I didn't know if I had taken it so I took it again. Any input?
    Why 7 grams? You only need 3-5 a day....

6. I've been taking creatine for well over a year with no break never had that problem. Oh and my kidneys and liver are fine by the way. I lol at people who say you need to take a break from it

7. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick

Why 7 grams? You only need 3-5 a day....
    I said it was accidental in the op, I usually only take 3-4 max 5 a day but I didn't know if I took it. Ya I didn't think you'd have to come off of it, it hasn't harmed be before and I've been taking it since I started lifting. Must just be deadlifts eh? It isn't excruciating pain, just steady ache. Feels like muscle soreness but I didn't know because it's conveniently in my kidney area, and the water retention factor made me think there might be an issue. Thanks for clearing my head brahs

8. I highly doubt it will do any of that. And no, back pumps are not going to cause constipation, use some common sense! It is nowhere near the digestive tract!

Unless you are taking stupid doses of creatine, then maybe it is all possible...

9. Quote Originally Posted by David147 View Post
    I highly doubt it will do any of that. And no, back pumps are not going to cause constipation, use some common sense! It is nowhere near the digestive tract!

Unless you are taking stupid doses of creatine, then maybe it is all possible...
    Another 3 year old thread
    :-/
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    Another 3 year old thread :-/
    Hes been bumping random crap all night/day
    Athletix Representative; Use the code Driven for 10% off at athletixsports.com
    Orbit Nutrition Representative; Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off at Orbit
    AnabolicMinds helper-outer-dude

Similar Forum Threads

1. Creatine & Back Pumps
    By dawaro in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 08:24 PM
  2. clen and lower back pumps
    By s.norman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 12:32 PM
  3. "Back Pumps"