My first cut. some questions

1. Registered User

My first cut. some questions

So i'm starting my first cut monday and from the research i've done it seems that the only thing that matters is that i'm in a calorie deficit, about 500cals.That i get at least 1g protein per pound of bodyweight...even more since i'm cutting and want to maintain mass.That i lift heavy and do some cardio to help conditioning and help create the calorie deficit.So is this accurate?What else should i do?All feedback appreciated.

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

pretty much nailed it. idk what kind of shape youre in, but do hiit trainng for cardio if you can. hour long jogs will crank up your cortisol levels and ruin your plan to preserve muscle. 20 minute hiit sessions are much better for leaning out. if you arnt already at around 15% bf, then you probly dont even need to worry about that yet.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

in reponse...

watch your sodium intake as acess sodium will make you hold onto water weight and reduce your sugar intake to almost zero as well as watch your carb sources as this also will depend on what converts to insulin and quality of calories your taking in.
    •   

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by musclehead24
    watch your sodium intake as acess sodium will make you hold onto water weight and reduce your sugar intake to almost zero as well as watch your carb sources as this also will depend on what converts to insulin and quality of calories your taking in.
    So what about some fruit?Should i limit it to post workout?
  5. Registered User

iifym. com eat what you want along with the "typical" bodybuilding foods. Be happy with your caloric deficit...also, carbs should be lowered yes, but not almost to zero. I eat poptarts on my cut and I lose fat just as fast as the guy who eats only rice and broccoli with his chicken.
  6. Registered User

So as far as the fruit question goes...if you follow IIFYM, you can eat it whenever you want as long as it fits in your macros for that particular day!
  7. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Yeah but don't get lopsided. Sometimes people tend to eat too much processed carbs (calorie wise) and not get enough protein.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  8. Registered User

That can happen if you don't weigh your food out or count your macros throughout the day. Poptarts can add up fast, especially the fat they contain. Just count everything and enjoy. Also, meal frequency/eating carbs before bed/other broscience is really overrated. I eat carbs before bed. I only have 4 meals a day. I don't take whey pwo (Ilike chicken instead)....As long as you get enough protein and are in a caloric deficit you will lose fat. It really IS that simple.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  139 lbs.

Bro may i recomend something?
    You should try if or fasting, you know not eating anything for 16 hours and only eating 8 hours or do it like me where i fast for 23 hours and have a. One hour eating window and i dont have a profile pic because i made this account on my phone and k cant upload a pic.....
    but im riped out of my mind amd i went from 35 percent body fat to about 9 percent and im really lean and huge and you should try it man it works!!!
    If you wanna leaen more about this go to youtube and look up the fastingtwins trust me theyre amazing and give the best advice trust me man

Name:  ForumRunner_20121005_105115.png
Views: 900
Size:  697.2 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20121005_105134.png
Views: 375
Size:  938.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20121005_105134.png
Views: 375
Size:  938.3 KB
    As you see im pretty lean and yea i love fasting man it really works!!
  10. Registered User

I tried IF before when i was in school because it fit my schedual.I think i'd find it hard to go that long without eating if i'm not doing something...like in school!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  139 lbs.

Well right now im at school in 4th period and well i wake up at 8 am and then go to school then go to the gym around 5 to 6 wait an hour and eat at 7 and stop eating around eight until the next day.
    I mean for me it got really easy because i just got used to it and well when you do it for over a week you dont get hungry anymore(:
    But that depends if you have a stranious job idk how you spell that but if fasting makes you sleepy durring the job well then yea unless you do the 8 hour eating window, its all up too you weather you wanna do it again or not man
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  171 lbs.

Yeah fasting is the bomb, increasing healthy fats protiens into you diet a good start
    Reduce your carbs
    Cutting atm
    My meals are 20% carbs 45% protein 35% fats
  13. Registered User

Actually a lot of days i do IF without realising or meaning to.I usually have my last meal at 9 and then go to bed around 1 and get up the next day around 12:30 or 1!Yes i sleep for a long ass time!haha!
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  171 lbs.

Supplementing on Creatine and taking bcaas on training days is a good idea if you want to reduce muscle loss and keep most of your strength while on a cut.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

i think that if you are working out and then fasting your starving your muscle that you worked out too much and will end up in a catabolic state and will go backwards as your muscles, instead of reparing themselves will use itself to try and make up the protein to repair itself and get smaller and weaker because of this, i agree with the creatine and bcaas is ia good idea as well as a protein shake, and as i addressed you dont have to drop sugars all together just your sources and amounts, fruit is fine, and you can research how much calories and sugars are in a serving of apples, etc. right now i am getting ready for my first bodybuilding show and i have an apple a day but that is all the sugars i get, i am at 180 lbs and almost 4% bodyfat. dont starve your muscles! the quality and quantity of food is what matters most not just not eating. i eat 5 to 6 small meals a day to keep my metabolism elevated, if you fast yourself your metabolism will slow down and your muscles will be starved. i dont know your bodyweight, fat percentage or anything like that so idk where really to start as far as a diet goes for ya.
  16. Registered User

i think that if you are working out and then fasting your starving your muscle that you worked out too much and will end up in a catabolic state and will go backwards as your muscles, instead of reparing themselves will use itself to try and make up the protein to repair itself and get smaller and weaker because of this, i agree with the creatine and bcaas is ia good idea as well as a protein shake, and as i addressed you dont have to drop sugars all together just your sources and amounts, fruit is fine, and you can research how much calories and sugars are in a serving of apples, etc. right now i am getting ready for my first bodybuilding show and i have an apple a day but that is all the sugars i get, i am at 180 lbs and almost 4% bodyfat. dont starve your muscles! the quality and quantity of food is what matters most not just not eating. i eat 5 to 6 small meals a day to keep my metabolism elevated, if you fast yourself your metabolism will slow down and your muscles will be starved. i dont know your bodyweight, fat percentage or anything like that so idk where really to start as far as a diet goes for ya.
    Bro science certified!haha
  17. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

lol holy **** was that supposed to sound like a broscientist? or were you for real?
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.

This is not accurate, and there is no science to support your assertions.
    If our bodies were that inefficient, we would be extinct as a species long ago.
    Their are good reasons to eat smaller meals throughout the day, but avoiding catabolism is not one of them.
    Just as their are a number of good reasons to use intermittent fasting in your diet.
    A lot of dieting involves trial and error, what works well for some wont work for others.
    Peace
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  171 lbs.

As long you get you all micro nutrients while fasting, it perfectly fine, people can be skeptical when it comes to intermitted fasting like a close friend of mine, now he swear by it.
    keep mind its just a eating window not a diet,you still get all your require calories depend if your cutting/bulking.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. My first cutting stack. Need some advices
    By krebz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 07:19 AM
  2. My first cut needs some help O_O
    By ShadowFury in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 01:48 PM
  3. My first bulk, diet questions.
    By Buddikaman in forum Bulking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2006, 03:45 PM
  4. Tweaking my Diet - Having some questions...
    By BigVrunga in forum Weight Loss
    Last Post: 10-13-2003, 11:05 PM
  5. New & First Cycle - Some Questions
    By gettin'old in forum Anabolics
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 08:29 PM