Out from the shadows - INBF World Championships 2012

Page 1 of 10 1236 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

Out from the shadows - INBF World Championships 2012

It's been over a year sine my last competition at the INBF Long Island Experience IX. After much time off, moved to a new state, new job(s), new trainer, new focus.... My whole world is new and I'm finally ready to go!

2012 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS NOVEMBER 9TH AND 10TH - ATLANTIC CITY , NJ

Please visit www.tristone.org for all the contest information. No reason to post ALL the details here.

THE GAME PLAN

1. 7 Weeks out right now. Currently 158lbs at 7.7% BF on a 5'7" frame.
    2. Drop <150lbs to compete in the Open Bantamweight class. I would have done lightweight but the class goes 150 1/3lbs to 164! I just don't feel competitive against someone with 10lbs on me.
    3. Get absolutely, incredibly, phenomenally, health-endangeringly ripped and conditioned.

PROS: I have the symmetry and design. My physique is balanced and aesthetic. I pose well and have legs that stand out over my past competitors. Color always comes out good, I tan right. Stage presence and charisma have always been outstanding - I make an impression.

CONS: It's really hard for me to get that paper-thin-skin conditioning. My skin is a bit thicker and likes to hold water. Biceps are of uneven size and lack peak (L) 14.25" (R) 14.75". My abdominals have never been the highlight of my physique either. I'm also dieting through football season and my birthday No beer or cake for me.

CURRENT DIET: STANDARD KETOGENIC
    Meal 1: 2 eggs, 2tbsp natural peanut butter
    Meal 2: 3oz grassfed ground beef 80/20%, 1/2c asparagus cooked in olive oil
    Meal 3: Repeat 2
    Meal 4: 4oz white albacore tuna, 1tbsp sesame oil
    WORKOUT
    1tbsp coconut oil prior to cardio*
    Post workout - 2 scoops IsoPure Whey Isolate
    Meal 5: 4oz chicken, 1 oz walnuts, 1tbsp home made pesto (basically 1tbsp olive oil with basil and garlic.
    Calories = 1840 = 138g protein, 125g fats, 30g carbs.
    *20 minutes on treadmill post-workout 7.0 speed, flat ground. 5 minutes warm up/cool down at 3.0 speed.
    TRAINING ROUTINE
    5 days/week - Alternate biceps and abs every 48 hours (every other day). Calve raises on some steps 3x30 daily.
    MONDAY - CHEST
    TUESDAY - SHOULDERS
    WEDNESDAY - QUADS
    THURSDAY - BACK
    FRIDAY - HAMSTRINGS/CALVES
    SATURDAY/SUNDAY - Rest unless additional work is needed or a day is missed during the week.

Some nudez to start from last week:
    Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 599
Size:  76.2 KBName:  photo (3).JPG
Views: 579
Size:  75.2 KBName:  photo (5).JPG
Views: 598
Size:  68.0 KBName:  photo (18).JPG
Views: 581
Size:  79.0 KBName:  photo (8).JPG
Views: 572
Size:  77.5 KBName:  photo (11).JPG
Views: 591
Size:  79.4 KBName:  photo (12).JPG
Views: 569
Size:  74.8 KBName:  photo (13).JPG
Views: 558
Size:  84.1 KBName:  photo (15).JPG
Views: 573
Size:  72.1 KBName:  photo (17).JPG
Views: 559
Size:  88.8 KB

Gotta love the face on that side tricep lol.

Current supplementation:
    4 RPM 1 hour pre-workout
    4 NeoVar Pre/Post Workout
    3 3Z and 4 Lipo-PM before bed
    2mg Biotin
    3mg Fish Oils
    Complete Balance Multi-Vitamin
    1000mcg Niacin (B3) on select training days.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Answers

I'm in.
    Good luck.
    Peace
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  202 lbs.
    Answers

I'm in on this Organic. You got some crazy low calories already for being 7 weeks out. Have you been dropping weight pretty good so far or are you dropping cals each week?

jdg76
    Team APPNUT
    Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

I know I'm going to have to lose mass to get that conditioning. Oh well, it's all for the sport. Hamstring calves and biceps today. Going there now. I'm heading down to Philladephia later to visit a friend who just had surgery.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jdg76 View Post
    I'm in on this Organic. You got some crazy low calories already for being 7 weeks out. Have you been dropping weight pretty good so far or are you dropping cals each week?

jdg76
    Team APPNUT
    Im sticking around the 1800-1900 range. I expect a change-up sometime in the next couple weeks to not drop too fast - the caliper already says 8%. It's almost time to reintroduce carbs.
    Franz Kafka
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Subbed. Nice ass.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rucksdaddy View Post
    Subbed. Nice ass.
    No joke. I get this allllllll the time. Hahaha
    Franz Kafka
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Answers

In for the ride. Oh yeah, some words of wisdom for you: "Don't f*ck up!"
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99
    In for the ride. Oh yeah, some words of wisdom for you: "Don't f*ck up!"
    Lol my favorite quote.
    Franz Kafka
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Wow....7 weeks. That's coming up fast! Have you been prepping for a bit or just decided to do the show? I feel bad for you on keto. Haha. I don't know how I could go without the carbs.

Subbed to keep you motivated and give you good, honest feedback.
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Appliednutriceuticals.com
    Are you ready for N.O. UPTAKE? It's a game-changer!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

I started shedding weight in August to see what I looked like - do I possess a physique show worthy. After a lot of going back and forth, especially because of the time constraint, I decided to do it. Plus Cheh Low kept pushing me last week at Naturalmania lol.

I've been in keto for a while now. Longer than I think is necessary. It sucks yeah. I'll have a photo/diet update by Monday.
    Franz Kafka
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Looking good, good luck
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Nice broski!!! Awesome pics...if you don't mind I'll throw in my critique of your pics...ok strong points are deff your chest, lats and back...I'd say bring up your shoulders and arms a bit...abs look awesome! I bet they will look great when you lose the water bro...overall deff a physique to be extremely proud of!!! Now I need to get shredded like you!!!
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murk01
    Looking good, good luck
    Not to hijack but hey murk thanks bro bc of your comment you made to me yesterday I killed the gym 2 times those simple few words seriously gave me a killer push yesterday so thanks broski
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107

Not to hijack but hey murk thanks bro bc of your comment you made to me yesterday I killed the gym 2 times those simple few words seriously gave me a killer push yesterday so thanks broski
    Excellent! I'm happy to hear that!
    Keep it up dude, Im truly impressed with you progress
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107

That was my driving force today for biceps and hamstrings! Glad to have you all aboard. Those biceps are a weak point I'm well aware of so I hit em every 48 hours. I'll post my workout later, on a train to Philly to visit a friend who started my addiction with bodybuilding.

Always open to criticism. I'm my own worst critic and we always need that "third eye."
    Franz Kafka
  17. Registered User
    Answers

Good luck!!
    Squats do a booty good.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

No computer so I'll do this as best I can.

Friday's workout:
    Pump up biceps with 2 sets 30reps on 40 straight bar.
    Biceps curls 3x12 with the 60. Reps I couldn't perform in good form were cheated- trying to build that peak.

Alternate arm machine preachers 4x10 @25
    Incline seated dumbbell curls 4x10@20
    Seated dumbbell hammer curls 4x10-12@20

Alternate bent over hamstring curls 4x15@50
    Lying leg curls 4x12-15x80
    Standing calves raise machine 4x12@90 with 3 second hold at top.
    Lying calves press 4x10@360
    ^By this point I'm shakey from low blood sugar. Gotta finish up.
    Seated calves raise Time-Under-Tension: 3 sets 30s on/60s off @ 90lbs.

No cardio today. Between the leg work and hypoglycemia I knew it would be bad. This weekend allows carb refeed so timing is perfect.

Going to the gym with my friend this morning. Gonna hit abs and lower back. A little calves work again.
    Franz Kafka
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    No computer so I'll do this as best I can.

Friday's workout:
    Pump up biceps with 2 sets 30reps on 40 straight bar.
    Biceps curls 3x12 with the 60. Reps I couldn't perform in good form were cheated- trying to build that peak.

Alternate arm machine preachers 4x10 @25
    Incline seated dumbbell curls 4x10@20
    Seated dumbbell hammer curls 4x10-12@20

Alternate bent over hamstring curls 4x15@50
    Lying leg curls 4x12-15x80
    Standing calves raise machine 4x12@90 with 3 second hold at top.
    Lying calves press 4x10@360
    ^By this point I'm shakey from low blood sugar. Gotta finish up.
    Seated calves raise Time-Under-Tension: 3 sets 30s on/60s off @ 90lbs.

No cardio today. Between the leg work and hypoglycemia I knew it would be bad. This weekend allows carb refeed so timing is perfect.

Going to the gym with my friend this morning. Gonna hit abs and lower back. A little calves work again.
    After today I'm off of work for a week and plan on going to our annual fair 3 times lol bring on the calories
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  20. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    No joke. I get this allllllll the time. Hahaha
    Good luck Frankie Edgar. Bet you hear that alot too.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CorpKiller

Nah. Freddie Prince Junior or Justin Timberlake. Depends how long my hair is.
    Franz Kafka
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

Yesterday I hit the gym for a bit just for old times sake with my old roommate. He's suffering from Crohn's Disease and just a few weeks out from surgery. Just the fact he can eat real food and get in the gym is a blessing. Did a light chest/back lift with a little tricep then hit my abs and calves as required. Cardio ended up being a walk-run with the dogs. Damn, it's just nice to get out from the city for a weekend. Thankfully he's well aware of pre-compdieting so I was able to hold on. Didn't monitor it extensively but round-about OK on estimations and feeling. We'll see how I do with football today :/ GO JETS!!!

Chest/biceps tomorrow. Numbers and pictures to follow. Getting bloodwork done next week - I'll explain that one when we get the results.

Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    After today I'm off of work for a week and plan on going to our annual fair 3 times lol bring on the calories
    When Im all finished up here Im joining you on that!
    Franz Kafka
  23. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CorpKiller View Post
    Subb'd. I like your diet. Looks like something I could follow, in that I am a picky eater.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

First time Symmetry check
    Chest 38 1/2
    Waste 30
    Lats 21
    Arms 14 1/4 left
    Arms 14 3/4 right
    Shoulder 24
    Glutes 37
    Quads 21 1/8
    Calves 14 1/8
    Fat 8.1%

Second Symmetry Check
    Chest 39 1/2
    Lats 22
    Waist 31
    Glutes 37 1/8
    Shoulder 25
    Right arm 15
    Left 14 3/4
    Quads 23 3/4
    Calves 14 1/4
    Fat 7.2%

This is the comparison measurement from 6 months ago. Just got this email back this morning. I gotta pick a posing song soon! Last time I did Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver and it was awesome! Although it wasn't my best condition by far my best posing routine. Looking for a similar rock/metal song or something dubstep if my buddy will help me choreograph it.
    Franz Kafka
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

You got a vid of your posing routine from your last competition? How much have you been practicing your posing, lately? I'm talking about the mandatory poses, not the routine-portion. Those mandatories can make-or-break you in a competition (as I'm sure you already know this).
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drooks10
    You got a vid of your posing routine from your last competition? How much have you been practicing your posing, lately? I'm talking about the mandatory poses, not the routine-portion. Those mandatories can make-or-break you in a competition (as I'm sure you already know this).
    I started mandatory posing daily. Breathing control is much easier now as I focused on my technique through the off season. I gonna see if I can find that video. Almost busted my ass trying for a sommersault. Didn't occur to me how ill I was until after my routine.

I need to pick a song asap.... AN Promo?!?!?!
    Franz Kafka
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Answers

Curious to see how you will look at the end of your cut. We are basically the same. 5'7 and usually 155lb and I've never been able to get a great body with my frame.
    Jersey right? If I'm around I just might drive down to the show to check it out, always wanted to go to a bodybuilding show but never had a chance. Good luck man!
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

^ Same. Usually I go for a "fuller" look but if I'm going in bantam I have to be absolutely shredded. Conditioning like that is very difficult for me (or anyone really) to achieve. It's in AC Friday/Saturday Nov 9th+10th. Winner of the open show on Friday competes in the pro on Saturday.

Doing cardio in the AM this week. I'm a later shift 10-6 - I hate it. I lift real late and it kills my day for errand running during business hours. I'm moving some training days to weekends so I don't have to rush around so much. 3Z really helps me knock out at night though. I'm usually WIRED after training and can't get myself to settle down.

Anyone who's interested in following that log standalone http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...sports-3z.html
    Franz Kafka
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

CHEST/BICEPS
    Flat Bench: 95lbs x 4sets x rep to failure (25-30) <-focus on pectoralis minor fatigue
    Flat Bench: 135x2x15/13
    Pec Fly Machine: 80x4 15/15/14/12
    Decline Bench Press: 95x2x15, 105x2 14/13
    Incline Bench Press: 95x4 15/13/12/11
    Seated Hammer Curl: 25x4 12/12/11/10
    Standing Barbell Curl: 40x2 sets to failure (20-25)< trying to get pumped
    Standing Barbell Curl: 50x4x12 <Some reps cheated to reach 12, working on developing peak
    Seated Concentration Curl: 20x4x10

20minutes cardio Treadmill @ 7.0 speed

Took some photos prior to cardio, hoping to post them later when I get the email.

Shoulders and abs later today.
    Franz Kafka
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Answers

Need more Uptake....
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Need more Uptake....
    That's my JAM!!!! Great stuff.DavidTeam APPNUT
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Need more Uptake....
    I'll be adding a few more supps into this log as I go. Uptake most certainly one of them come mid-October.
    Gonna introduce LeCheek HyperT2 and Drive next week to start amplifying things.
    Also bringing in the following overtime:
    ALCAR
    ALA-500
    Fat Free
    HGHUp
    Free Test
    Black Cats v2
    Vitamin C x3/daily with meals
    Chromium Picolinate 500mgx2 daily

I'm gonna have Echinacea on hand as the weather changes to prevent getting sick when depleted. Mistake I made before.
    Franz Kafka
  33. Registered User
    Answers

Solid workout man! How much rest between sets?
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CorpKiller View Post
    Solid workout man! How much rest between sets?
    30 seconds. Objective is to get that 12-15 rep range, hit 15 early and slowly burn out over 4 sets. Those last two get tough and I start forcing reps in to get there even if it means taking breathers between reps.

SHOULDERS/ABS
    Military Press (Front) - 95x2 14/12
    Military Press (Back) - 75x2 12/12 <This got tough
    Machine Overhead Press - 140x4 15/14/12/12
    Machine Shrugs - 180x4 15/15/13/12 <Hold for 3 seconds at the top.
    Barbell Raises - 70x4x15 < Blasted through these, felt great. Held at the top for 2-3 seconds.
    Reverse Machine Flyes - 90x2x13, 85x2 13/12 <Started getting tired, haven't used the machine in a while for this.
    Machine Torso Twist 75degree angle - 40x4x15 (Just going for the stretch)
    TMS Machine Abdominal Curl - 60x4x15
    Hanging Leg Raise - BWx4x20
    Side Crunch Alternating - 45x4x15 (Don't know how to call this, hold the 45 plate in one hand and lever the body to a side crunch)

Wasn't as powerful of a lift as I usually expect, so tired from the busiest day I've had at work in some time. Cardio in the AM kinda drained me all day. I'll get used to it.

PICTURE TIME! These were taken Monday after I cheated like hell this weekend. Not my best posing - felt so full and pumped. Looking in the mirror I loved how I looked. Back to depletion
    Franz Kafka
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Answers

Alright...

PROMO TO WIN SOME N.O. UPTAKE

I NEED A SONG FOR MY ROUTINE. PREVIOUS CHOICES HAVE BEEN THE FOLLOWING:
    KILLSWITCH ENGAGE - HOLY DIVER (DIO COVER)
    IN FLAMES - THE QUIET PLACE
    INCUBUS - PARDON ME
    BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME - KICKSTART MY HEART (MOTLEY CRUE COVER)

I'm open to all suggestions. A trainer I work with instructs dance here in Manhattan and wants to help me put together a routine.
    Really looking for something similar to the above or something absolutely, absurdly, outrageous and unexpected.

Winner will be decided on Thursday. Limit 3 entries per person.
    Franz Kafka
  36. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    Alright...

PROMO TO WIN SOME N.O. UPTAKE

I NEED A SONG FOR MY ROUTINE. PREVIOUS CHOICES HAVE BEEN THE FOLLOWING:
    KILLSWITCH ENGAGE - HOLY DIVER (DIO COVER)
    IN FLAMES - THE QUIET PLACE
    INCUBUS - PARDON ME
    BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME - KICKSTART MY HEART (MOTLEY CRUE COVER)

I'm open to all suggestions. A trainer I work with instructs dance here in Manhattan and wants to help me put together a routine.
    Really looking for something similar to the above or something absolutely, absurdly, outrageous and unexpected.

Winner will be decided on Thursday. Limit 3 entries per person.
    Indestructible - disturbed
    Monster - skillet
    Nightmare - A7X

Those are some good ones to listen to. Indestructible is my sh!t
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  37. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

This would go great with my free test log in Nov. :wink:
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Indestructible - disturbed
    Monster - skillet
    Nightmare - A7X

Those are some good ones to listen to. Indestructible is my sh!t

If you got some moves on you than smooth criminal by MJ

39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Answers

40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Victim- avenged sevenfold

N your pics aren't coming up let me hit up laptop quick
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 04:07 PM
  2. Watch the Nasa Natural Pl Championship live from your computer
    By NASAKYCHAIR in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 03:51 PM
  3. 5 weeks out from danish championship
    By The Dane in forum Pics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 02:21 PM
  4. What did you do for cardio the weeks out from competing?
    By Funny Monkey in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-29-2005, 11:05 PM