1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jdg76 View Post
    You can stay in Healthcare, just do something like me and go into Physcial Therapy. Monday-Friday days. jdg76Team APPNUT
    Thought about it. It's an option. I'd like to do something more administrative like Publich Health or Epidemiology. I also really enjoy nutritional/metabolic sciences so I think of going the RD route into sports nutrition. Zero interest in MD/RN. One thing for certain is I want out of the non-profit sector. In the mean time I have Bodies Made Fit (my personal training company) building it's works with promises. Thankfully other people have been picking up for me while I'm prepping.

OH! Forgot to mention!
    Last night I was able to run home for a few hours, pack some meals, and get a quick leg workout in and a 20m jog. The fitness center in my apt complex is minimal but I made due to hit leg extension, smythe squats, seated leg press, hamstring curls, calve press and calve raises. So I did get to beat myself up a bit. Hooray.

I haven't done real squats in a while - mostly icarus and hack. Felt great and I miss it although my glutes were real tight after.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.67%

gotta love glute pumps
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.73%

Quote Originally Posted by y0lked View Post
    gotta love glute pumps
    LMAO!!!
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Thought about it. It's an option. I'd like to do something more administrative like Publich Health or Epidemiology. I also really enjoy nutritional/metabolic sciences so I think of going the RD route into sports nutrition. Zero interest in MD/RN. One thing for certain is I want out of the non-profit sector. In the mean time I have Bodies Made Fit (my personal training company) building it's works with promises. Thankfully other people have been picking up for me while I'm prepping.

OH! Forgot to mention!
    Last night I was able to run home for a few hours, pack some meals, and get a quick leg workout in and a 20m jog. The fitness center in my apt complex is minimal but I made due to hit leg extension, smythe squats, seated leg press, hamstring curls, calve press and calve raises. So I did get to beat myself up a bit. Hooray.

I haven't done real squats in a while - mostly icarus and hack. Felt great and I miss it although my glutes were real tight after.
    It's good that you were able to squeeze in a workout and more importantly get good food from home. Last thing you need 2 weeks before your show is to live out of a hospital cafeteria or even worse, vending machines.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.73%

Well I had a voucher for dinner and spoke with the chef on making me tilapia to order. Worked out fine. Saved me a meal.
    Franz Kafka
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.96%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Well I had a voucher for dinner and spoke with the chef on making me tilapia to order. Worked out fine. Saved me a meal.

Figured they would try and accommodate you.

Watching your city on the news right now....hope everyone stay's safe.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.73%

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q

Figured they would try and accommodate you.

Watching your city on the news right now....hope everyone stay's safe.
    That crane is scary! Were unaffected for now, my apt is down by where Con Ed shut power.... Uh oh.

If it really came down to it ill just not eat. Id rather fast for a day.
    Franz Kafka
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow

That crane is scary! Were unaffected for now, my apt is down by where Con Ed shut power.... Uh oh.

If it really came down to it ill just not eat. Id rather fast for a day.
    How are you feeling man, about one week out now??
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.73%

10 days. It crossed my mind that this show might not happen for me after this situation. Trying as best I can to hold a diet. Practicing posing in the bathroom mirrors, doing any kind of body weight isometric exercise I can do to get some stimulation.

I had means to go for a run before work in the morning. I was thinking to go to central park but, at 5AM when its still dark, getting mugged wasn't on my to-do list. So I created a HIIT routine: Sprint between avenues (about 10s) rest 30s while crossing the street. Did this about 16 times.

I'm pretty far under calories: I calculated today only being about 1600 . All fish, macadamia nut oil, and leafy greens. But....

I GOT TO GO HOME!!!
    All the bridges are open and buses are running now. So a co-worker drove me home. I got to get a chest and bicep lift in with some cardio, felt great to hit it. Unfortunately subways are down for another week or so which means I have few options on getting back over the bridge. I'll have to take a taxi to work tomorrow but I could care less, they're picking up the bill. Unfortunately, I may have to stay overnight again tomorrow if they can't get new people to come in and cover me.

New discovery: if you have a hard time getting into cardio mentally, drop 2 Black Cats and you're good to go. When i got home I had a hard time motivating myself to get up again but that really got me going and I did an extra 10min.
    Franz Kafka
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Don't stress over what it's hard to control with training/cardio. I think it was 2 weeks out? My mom suffered a heart attack, training & cardio suffered as did my diet (I didn't binge unjust didn't eat!) stressing will just make it worse. You're going to do well my friend, almost there!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%

10 days. It crossed my mind that this show might not happen for me after this situation. Trying as best I can to hold a diet. Practicing posing in the bathroom mirrors, doing any kind of body weight isometric exercise I can do to get some stimulation.

I had means to go for a run before work in the morning. I was thinking to go to central park but, at 5AM when its still dark, getting mugged wasn't on my to-do list. So I created a HIIT routine: Sprint between avenues (about 10s) rest 30s while crossing the street. Did this about 16 times.

I'm pretty far under calories: I calculated today only being about 1600 . All fish, macadamia nut oil, and leafy greens. But....

I GOT TO GO HOME!!!
    All the bridges are open and buses are running now. So a co-worker drove me home. I got to get a chest and bicep lift in with some cardio, felt great to hit it. Unfortunately subways are down for another week or so which means I have few options on getting back over the bridge. I'll have to take a taxi to work tomorrow but I could care less, they're picking up the bill. Unfortunately, I may have to stay overnight again tomorrow if they can't get new people to come in and cover me.

New discovery: if you have a hard time getting into cardio mentally, drop 2 Black Cats and you're good to go. When i got home I had a hard time motivating myself to get up again but that really got me going and I did an extra 10min.

Nice OS. Things are/will fall into place. You don't have long now, just keep at it. Looks like you are still doing what you can,which remembering how I felt at this stage, it shows a lot that you are still mentally in it and figuring out ways to get sh!t done!
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.73%

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Don't stress over what it's hard to control with training/cardio. I think it was 2 weeks out? My mom suffered a heart attack, training & cardio suffered as did my diet (I didn't binge unjust didn't eat!) stressing will just make it worse. You're going to do well my friend, almost there!
    I'm sorry to hear that. At first I was stressing then saw an article about Obama and the election being disrupted and told myself it could be worse - you could be the president fighting for your job. Things happen unexpectedly and we do the best we can to keep moving life doesn't slow down because a curveball came crashing though.

Update: 149.2lbs and looking LEAN!

Gonna do some cardio and pack up for work. Cooked plenty of tilapia and salmon last night to last me the next two days should I have to stay again. There's a gym uptown I can use after work so I will resume as necessary.
    Franz Kafka
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.96%

I GOT TO GO HOME!!!

Nice to hear things are back up and running!! I'm sure I missed this but are you on zero carbs right now??
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.67%

Your gonna kill this show! That tilapia will do its job drying you out. You got all of us here and yourself backing you. There's no way you can fail! Do work!
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.73%

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q View Post
    Nice to hear things are back up and running!! I'm sure I missed this but are you on zero carbs right now??
    Not quite yet but its <50g/day from one meal of quinoa and blueberries in the AM. Cut them out completely on Friday then begin full depletion circuit training with some MCT intake. Still normal water intake with some salting of food to about 2-2.5g/day and 1.5-2gal/day.

I get looks in the gym while I pose in the locker room. The light is better there and I just finished a workout I wanna take a look... deal with it.

Shoulders:
    Machine Overhead Press: 175x4x12/12/10/8
    DB Lateral Raise: 20x15, 25x15x2, 30x12 (thought to attempt 35 but knew it would be sloppy)
    BB Raise: 60x4x15
    BB Front Delt Raise: 35x4x20
    Machine Shrugs: 180x4x15
    Seated DB Press: 35x15, 40x2x15, 45x10
    Abdominal circuit and 20m jog at 6.5speed

So it crossed my mind this morning that Atlantic City is in shambles. I wonder if the show will happen! I emailed the promoter about it but haven't heard anything. I'm going to continue moving forward until I hear otherwise. Transportation will be running again tomorrow... kind of. So at least I can train at my usual ghetto gym and meet with my crew.
    Franz Kafka
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.73%

Random carb depleted rant:
    Someone walks into the lab today all flustered and swearing about how rough a morning she had. Another coworker says "Yeah, well all had it rough." And that ruffled her feathers a little more. Later I ask about her morning so she could vent and hear maybe she's had some difficulties. While some of us are stuck sleeping in offices, trees fallen on houses, fires, property damage, boats floating to streets or entire neighborhoods demolished... Your morning was made so difficult because you had no hot water or electric but you just HAD to have coffee and a hot shower in the morning or you can't survive?!?!?! Life is so hard. God forbid you take a cold shower one day. Be thankful you still have a roof over your head and a car to drive. I kept my mouth shut.
    Franz Kafka
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.96%

Hopefully your show will go on. My friend was supposed to compete this weekend in the Eastern USA Championships (Tribecca Art Center) and it has been moved to Nov 18th.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.73%

Hopefully your show will go on. My friend was supposed to compete this weekend in the Eastern USA Championships (Tribecca Art Center) and it has been moved to Nov 18th.
    Yup I was psyched to go.
    Franz Kafka
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.73%

Just heard form the promoter that we're still on for the show! Eases my mind in some ways, tenses it up in others. So my half dead bicep/tricep workout wasnt for nothing. 1 week left....
    Franz Kafka
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.96%

Excellent news Organic!! Now you can keep on keeping on!!!

The friend that I posted about earlier (that competed last weekend) was supposed to compete this weekend in NYC but since it was postponed he now has to diet for 3 more weeks!! Good thing that didn't happen to you!!!
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.73%

Excellent news Organic!! Now you can keep on keeping on!!!

The friend that I posted about earlier (that competed last weekend) was supposed to compete this weekend in NYC but since it was postponed he now has to diet for 3 more weeks!! Good thing that didn't happen to you!!!
    I probably wouldn't have done it then. I'm sick of this lol. I don't have an issue cutting things off. When is the new date?
    Franz Kafka
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.96%
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

Keep strong man.. Also just a thought, butif you're a week out why not also do the show miss q speaks of? It would give you I believe one more week to diet and one more peak week. And trust me if you do it right, you'll always be leaner and dryer at your second show (providing you peak perfectly, also providing that the show is near by and affordable )
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.73%

True.... you bring up a good point.

Anyway sorry I haven't been posting as well - I just fall asleep as soon as I get home.

ENTER: PEAK WEEK.

Today was my last leg workout:
    20m run 6.5speed
    Leg Extensions: 80x4x15/15/13/12
    Reverse Icarus Squat: 270x4x15/15/12/14
    Hack Squat: 175x4x14/12/12/10
    Leg Press: 270x4x15
    Lying Leg Curl: 80x4x20
    Thigh Adductor/Abductor: 60x4x15
    Standing Calve Raise: 90x15, 100x15/13/11
    Seated Calve Raise: 80x4x15
    Go over mandatories and routine

SATURDAY: Chest, triceps, and shoulders, no carbs, regular water/sodium, regular cardio
    SUNDAY: Back and biceps, last "workout" day. No carbs, regular water and sodium intake, no cardio.
    MONDAY: Mild keto diet (to be posted later), regular water/sodium, circuit training
    TUESDAY: Mild keto diet, drop water to 8oz max, circuit training, slight lower of sodium
    WEDNESDAY:
    Mild keto diet, sip water as needed, no training
    THURSDAY: 1 protein meal early, the rest is complex carbohydrates , no water, no training
    FRIDAY: SHOW TIME!
    Franz Kafka
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%

Time to get it man!! Got me wanting to compete again.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.67%

27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.65%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

^i don't even know what to think about that picture.....
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.73%

What yolked is trying to say is his avi is false. He's really a big black man with a shaved head who will be shoveling handfulls of buttered popcorn into his mouth patiently anticipating the show from stadium like seating wearing a sports jacket with no tie.

Speaking of basketball - how bout dem Knicks?
    Franz Kafka
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.67%

What yolked is trying to say is his avi is false. He's really a big black man with a shaved head who will be shoveling handfulls of buttered popcorn into his mouth patiently anticipating the show from stadium like seating wearing a sports jacket with no tie.

Speaking of basketball - how bout dem Knicks?
    That was actually my Halloween costume.
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.96%

Quote Originally Posted by y0lked View Post

Ha Ha.....here for the show!!
    That's pretty funny!!
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.73%

First day of circuit training. Nothing special just 4 sets round the horn 12-15 reps around 65% max trying to use more machines and cables.

Switched to distilled water till Tuesday (3days/3gal).

Keto diet:
    4oz tuna, 2 tbsp sesame oil
    4oz tilapia, 1/2c broccoli, 2 tbsp sesame oil
    2oz almonds
    4oz tilapia, 1/2c cauliflower, 2 tbsp macadamia oil
    2tbsp coconut oil
    Circuit Training. NO cardio.
    4oz tuna, 1c asparagus, 2 tbsp macadamia oil

I could eat that jar of coconut oil. Miss Q, can we start both a peanut butter lover's anonymous and coconut oil? I need intervention. lol!
    Franz Kafka
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.73%

Snapped this bad mammajamma after my workout sesh. Seeing new veins everywhere: arms, legs, lower abdominals. especially around my front/side shoulders and forearms.
    Name:  IMAG0609.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  34.7 KB
    Franz Kafka
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%

Looking good man. Hope Vit stays out of this log.
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Snapped this bad mammajamma after my workout sesh. Seeing new veins everywhere: arms, legs, lower abdominals. especially around my front/side shoulders and forearms.
    Name:  IMAG0609.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  34.7 KB
    Damn bro you are looking shredded! Awesome job!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Thumbs up

First day of circuit training. Nothing special just 4 sets round the horn 12-15 reps around 65% max trying to use more machines and cables.

Switched to distilled water till Tuesday (3days/3gal).

Keto diet:
    4oz tuna, 2 tbsp sesame oil
    4oz tilapia, 1/2c broccoli, 2 tbsp sesame oil
    2oz almonds
    4oz tilapia, 1/2c cauliflower, 2 tbsp macadamia oil
    2tbsp coconut oil
    Circuit Training. NO cardio.
    4oz tuna, 1c asparagus, 2 tbsp macadamia oil

I could eat that jar of coconut oil. Miss Q, can we start both a peanut butter lover's anonymous and coconut oil? I need intervention. lol!
    Diet is on point, things are really shaping up in here. Love the dedication brosef.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.96%

LOL!!! YES, we can add coconut oil addicts in to the group ...no problemo!!! U know what??? I've never tried it, but hear great things about it. What about adding coconut oil in to the natty PButter?? O M G!!!

Organic- u are looking on point an extremely lean.....only going to get better!!! Awesome!!
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.73%

Don't tempt me!!! It sounds tasty enough to keep my sanity while im depleting.

Definitely look into the use of coconut or red palm oil. It's purely saturated fat in the form of medium chain triglycerides (6-10 carbon chains). The advantage of MCT's are how it skips a step in the GI. Long chain triglycerides like our usual nut and olive oils (12+ carbons) have to be broken down, enter the villi of the small intestine, then reassembles when they move into the bloodstream for use. MCT's skip this step and go straight to the liver for breakdown. The ketone bodies are good for immediate energy use especially on low carb dieting and stimulate a thermogenic response as well as the continued secretion of fat deposits as beta-oxidation has already been primed as the fueling route of energy expenditure. MCT's are also far less likely to go into storage since they hit the mitochondria real quick. So while in carb depleted stages consider taking 1-2tbsp coconut oil before a work out or cardio.
    Franz Kafka
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.73%

Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Damn bro you are looking shredded! Awesome job!
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Diet is on point, things are really shaping up in here. Love the dedication brosef.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q View Post
    Organic- u are looking on point an extremely lean.....only going to get better!!! Awesome!!
    Thanks everyone. I can't wait to see how I look dried out: thats when I'll really pop!

How does this sound for carb up? Haven't set it in stone 100%
    Mon - zero
    Tues - zero
    Wed - 150g protein, 150g carbs, 30g fats
    Thur - 1 protein meal, 300g carbs, no fats
    Friday - add as needed.
    Franz Kafka
  39. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Thanks everyone. I can't wait to see how I look dried out: thats when I'll really pop!

How does this sound for carb up? Haven't set it in stone 100%
    Mon - zero
    Tues - zero
    Wed - 150g protein, 150g carbs, 30g fats
    Thur - 1 protein meal, 300g carbs, no fats
    Friday - add as needed.
    I like it! I like it a lot. Gets DW peak week approval ;-)
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.34%

One, you are leaning up nicely.
    Two, it's hard to say exactly how many carbs you'll need. If your trainer is good enough, he'll be able to figure it out just by looking at you..
    The show is Friday, right?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 06:07 PM
  2. Watch the Nasa Natural Pl Championship live from your computer
    By NASAKYCHAIR in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 05:51 PM
  3. 5 weeks out from danish championship
    By The Dane in forum Pics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 04:21 PM
  4. What did you do for cardio the weeks out from competing?
    By Funny Monkey in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 01:05 AM