Out from the shadows - INBF World Championships 2012

Page 7 of 13 First ... 56789 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    You should enjoy your birthday, but save the celebration for after your show.
    I told everyone it's been postponed till November. I'm very much "go big or go home." So i'll have festivities when it's time. For now I have a job to do.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

2. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow

I told everyone it's been postponed till November. I'm very much "go big or go home." So i'll have festivities when it's time. For now I have a job to do.
    Great attitude. You have worked so hard and you don't want to second guess what you did for your birthday when the show rolls around.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Name:  tumblr_m7s4dy4I791qbcf9go1_500.gif
Views: 133
Size:  383.7 KB
    Army Veteran. OEF.

4. Yeah dude you made the right choice, at four Weeks out I wouldn't be having any cheat meals for sure.. Sucks but you gotta do what you gotta do.. I ended up eating tilapia and spinach on my birthday last year :-[

5. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    When you look at them in good quality you can see all the lining - I didn't measure BF% but it's pretty clear its low. At this point Im just looking to move slowly and keep the pace while practicing posing. Going to keep rep range high and focus on making workouts intense by overall volume. Cardio will be 5x/week 30m treadmill incline walk to get HR 120-130. Weight is 153.6 this morning. I feel so small

Saturday is my birthday and I was given the day to be "liberal" but be conscientious .. not sure if I'll take the free ticket. Maybe just have a nice dinner with family but drinking is a no no.

Looking lean and on point! You def have the V-taper going on....do you know your waist measurement?
    Happy Early Birthday!!
    •   

6. 29" Diamater, 16" across. Compared to my wingspan of 22" and shoulder to shoulder 24.5". Chest 32".
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

7. Nice work so far bro! Shredded!
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

8. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post

Sh*t Just Got Real!!!

Name:  bathman-versus-darth-vader.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  18.0 KB

9. I'm doing shoulders right now and burst out laughing. My friend just gave me a look like I have two heads. bwahahahaha
    Franz Kafka

10. So I've been down at my alma mater the last couple days as I refuse to drive 2hrs from another state to moderate these seminars. Ohh, how I do not miss college. Well life was amazing but I closed that chapter.

It was hard to not fill my plate with awesome catering food and driving with 7 bags of fresh bagels was like torture. I drank my fill of coffee to try and buffer the feeling which made me bloated. Got back late so I couldn't use the gym. Going to homecoming for an hour or so to network and say my hellos. They can wish me happy birthday then I'm out. I gotta get back and biceps in today.
    Franz Kafka

11. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Ohh, how I do not miss college. Well life was amazing but I closed that chapter.
    I just transferred to a university and am about to start living "the college life" although I am sure my version of college life will be quite different than most especially considering I am going in married with two kids. No fraternaties or wild and crazy partying for me sadly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

12. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I just transferred to a university and am about to start living "the college life" although I am sure my version of college life will be quite different than most especially considering I am going in married with two kids. No fraternaties or wild and crazy partying for me sadly

I'm right there with you Josh. Married with 3 kids and full-time college. I'm actually sitting here doing homework with the laptop open in front of me. I'm 9 weeks into the PTA program and am non-stop studying !!
    "I would rather follow Christ and die to find out their is no God, than to not, and die to find out there is a God."

13. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    So I've been down at my alma mater the last couple days as I refuse to drive 2hrs from another state to moderate these seminars. Ohh, how I do not miss college. Well life was amazing but I closed that chapter.

It was hard to not fill my plate with awesome catering food and driving with 7 bags of fresh bagels was like torture. I drank my fill of coffee to try and buffer the feeling which made me bloated. Got back late so I couldn't use the gym. Going to homecoming for an hour or so to network and say my hellos. They can wish me happy birthday then I'm out. I gotta get back and biceps in today.

Nothing like being focused on your B-Day!!

14. Quote Originally Posted by jdg76 View Post
    I'm right there with you Josh. Married with 3 kids and full-time college. I'm actually sitting here doing homework with the laptop open in front of me. I'm 9 weeks into the PTA program and am non-stop studying !!
    PTA = physical therapy assistant?
    PESCIENCE.COM

15. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    PTA = physical therapy assistant?

Yes sir. I'm in an accelerated program. So two yrs straight through and Im done. Ill graduate next summer.
    "I would rather follow Christ and die to find out their is no God, than to not, and die to find out there is a God."

16. A friend of mine just got accepted into one of those. Good luck to you

PESCIENCE.COM

17. JD I give you a lot of credit for all that. same goes for you, Josh. My parents did want to take me out to a sushi lounge which I obliged and enjoyed the sea bass without sauces or rice. Went to my old gym in north jersey for back and biceps. The owner is a previous NPC judge and I got a little feedback from him on how I'm doing he was alright with everything. Back home now and just unplacking, did my cardio, and catching up on my AM logs.
    Franz Kafka

18. back and bis workout???

19. How far out now, three Weeks? I can't remember if you covered this already or not, but do you have someone doing your diet?

20. I ended up just doing back and abs knowing today is Chest and biceps. Today is the full bicep workout too, not the supplemental ones I do later through the week which may only be 3 additional exercises. I'm pretty sore up top.

Cable Row - 120x4x20/20/18/15
    Low Row Machine - 4 sets with 70 each side - 10(L)->10(R) ->10 (B)
    Seated High Row - This is interesting: 50lbs each side and use all four points of the grips 10x each going counter clockwise inside to pronated upper.
    Lat Pull Down - 110x4x15
    Lying T-Bar Row - 70x4x15
    Abdominal circuit - nothing special
    30m cardio: bike at lvl5 resistance
    Franz Kafka

21. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    How far out now, three Weeks? I can't remember if you covered this already or not, but do you have someone doing your diet?
    Yeah 3 weeks. He didn't write it out for me to a T but I did all the calculations and he tweaks the works based on what he sees. He's taking more control of it as we get closer. Lowering carbs to 100g max, protein a little above maintenance, calories 21-2200, haven't switched to all fish just yet but every other day is a meal of red meat.
    Franz Kafka

22. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    Yeah 3 weeks. He didn't write it out for me to a T but I did all the calculations and he tweaks the works based on what he sees. He's taking more control of it as we get closer. Lowering carbs to 100g max, protein a little above maintenance, calories 21-2200, haven't switched to all fish just yet but every other day is a meal of red meat.
    Sounds good dude, always good to have an experienced eye, as you get closer and more depleted, your mind plays tricks on you and your ego gets extremely fragile

23. Also sorry to double post but are you still doing deads? Imo, you should

24. No I haven't but you're right, I need to tighten up the lower back and its a good compound movement for energy expenditure.
    Franz Kafka

25. It hits the whole back man, arms, shoulders, traps, quads, hams

26. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    JD I give you a lot of credit for all that. same goes for you, Josh. My parents did want to take me out to a sushi lounge which I obliged and enjoyed the sea bass without sauces or rice. Went to my old gym in north jersey for back and biceps. The owner is a previous NPC judge and I got a little feedback from him on how I'm doing he was alright with everything. Back home now and just unplacking, did my cardio, and catching up on my AM logs.

Thanks Josh and OS. I say all the time I don't have time to go to the gym, so I 'make' time. :-)

That's good man, it always help to have someone who knows what they are doing to help coach you some as you get closer to the show.

jdg76
    team APPNUT

27. Did AM fasted cardio this morning because I felt like it. Is that weird? 20m jog at 6.0speed.

Flat Bench: 135x4x18/15/13/12
    Incline Machine Press: 140x4x20/18/15/13
    Machine Flyes: 4x15/15/13/12 (Really not sure of the weight I just know where to put the pin, the numbers wore down and I never counted out)
    Decline DB Press: 35x20, 40x15/15/13
    Standing BB Curl: 40x4x25 --> This is the most vascular I've ever been it was so exciting to see my arms look like this it drove my bicep workout!
    Standing DB Hammer: 30x4x15
    Machine Preacher: 40x4x20
    20m treadmill incline 10.0 speed 3.2 ->This made me sweat the most!

Chest feels pumped and upper back sore from yesterday. Feel real good about my lifts. I'm so amazed at the vascularity in my arms, I've never had them like this before.

I told my coach about what my former coach told me, he was discussing the previous photos with a fellow judge. Direct quote" You have 20 days left. Keep to what you're doing dietwise. The next ten days will suck. The last ten days will be misery."

^Sounds like positive reinforcement.
    Franz Kafka

28. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    Did AM fasted cardio this morning because I felt like it. Is that weird? 20m jog at 6.0speed.

Flat Bench: 135x4x18/15/13/12
    Incline Machine Press: 140x4x20/18/15/13
    Machine Flyes: 4x15/15/13/12 (Really not sure of the weight I just know where to put the pin, the numbers wore down and I never counted out)
    Decline DB Press: 35x20, 40x15/15/13
    Standing BB Curl: 40x4x25 --> This is the most vascular I've ever been it was so exciting to see my arms look like this it drove my bicep workout!
    Standing DB Hammer: 30x4x15
    Machine Preacher: 40x4x20
    20m treadmill incline 10.0 speed 3.2 ->This made me sweat the most!

Chest feels pumped and upper back sore from yesterday. Feel real good about my lifts. I'm so amazed at the vascularity in my arms, I've never had them like this before.

I told my coach about what my former coach told me, he was discussing the previous photos with a fellow judge. Direct quote" You have 20 days left. Keep to what you're doing dietwise. The next ten days will suck. The last ten days will be misery."

^Sounds like positive reinforcement.
    Trust me dude, if you're not miserable the last two Weeks you're not dieting hard enough nor are you going to be ready.. I remember just dreading my training because I knew how hard it was and how little energy I had left

Good luck brother, stay tough

29. I'm already pretty weak, its hard staying up past 11PM without a midday nap. Its getting harder and harder for me to want to go to the gym. Sleep is just fine, I have a few more days worth of 3Z

Legs have good striations, serratus is like blades, when I pinched my arms and shoulders theres almost nothing at the fold. Glutes and hamstring have started to separate with defined shapes. Still holding in the lower abs, lower back, and chest... its freaking me out.
    Franz Kafka

30. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    I'm already pretty weak, its hard staying up past 11PM without a midday nap. Its getting harder and harder for me to want to go to the gym. Sleep is just fine, I have a few more days worth of 3Z

Legs have good striations, serratus is like blades, when I pinched my arms and shoulders theres almost nothing at the fold. Glutes and hamstring have started to separate with defined shapes. Still holding in the lower abs, lower back, and chest... its freaking me out.
    You're on the homestretch now man. Don't freak out, and just keep pushing. You'll be on stage before you know it.

jdg76
    Team APPNUT
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 06:07 PM
  2. Watch the Nasa Natural Pl Championship live from your computer
    By NASAKYCHAIR in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 05:51 PM
  3. 5 weeks out from danish championship
    By The Dane in forum Pics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 04:21 PM
  4. What did you do for cardio the weeks out from competing?
    By Funny Monkey in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 01:05 AM