Why NOT to train like Pro Bodybuilders.....

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.44%

Why NOT to train like Pro Bodybuilders.....

1. Steroids. Virtually all professional bodybuilders take steroids (and growth hormones)--the only exceptions being those who compete in strictly tested, natural competitions. Even the "golden era" guys I talk about used them, and the dosages have kept getting higher ever since.

Here's what you need to understand: a guy using steroids can train harder and more frequently than a natural trainee. He can do multiple sets for each muscle and still have the ability to recover. If you aren't using steroids, you can't.

2. Genetics: Professional bodybuilders have exceptional genetics. They tend to have full muscle bellies and respond very favorably to training. This is yet another reason you should not follow their routines--what works for a genetically gifted individual will probably not work for a skinny guy (or average guy) trying to put on muscle.

3. Time: Some of the pros do nothing but train eat, pose, and sleep. In other words, you aren't going to be able to live in the gym like someone who is paid to train. Hopefully you are pursuing other goals, like getting a degree or finding a fulfilling career.

Read this and thought I'd post this for anyone new to BB and wanna be big and strong and read every issue of every bodybuilding magazine...

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.16%

I always here people say body builders have good genetics which may be true for a lot of them, but is it kind of weird that every one with excellent genetics decided to take excessive amounts of steroids and become body builders or is it that people see body builders who live, eat and breath body building and just say they have excellent genetics, when if the average person dieted, trained, supplemented & lived like a body builder they to would achieve the same or similar results.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.98%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Well im stuffed then.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.44%

Quote Originally Posted by mik14
    I always here people say body builders have good genetics which may be true for a lot of them, but is it kind of weird that every one with excellent genetics decided to take excessive amounts of steroids and become body builders or is it that people see body builders who live, eat and breath body building and just say they have excellent genetics, when if the average person dieted, trained, supplemented & lived like a body builder they to would achieve the same or similar results.
    I guess there is some truth behind it... Like for example... I read a lot abt pros who train each body part twice a week... Imagine a natural bb trying to do that... Or some kid who just started out reads that and goes at it... I don't think good genetics have that big a role in pro bodybuilding... I do think steroids do though... The recovery from steroid is unmatched... Hence someone who is not on steroids shouldn't jump at the first training routine he reads of a pro bb
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.16%

Yep definitely agree in that, plus I always find when I'm on cycle my diet is always cleaner so not only do the steroids aid in recovery, endurance, growth etc but it's kind of a motivation to eat a lot cleaner.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  59 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.84%

Quote Originally Posted by Mkspillai View Post
    1. Steroids. Virtually all professional bodybuilders take steroids (and growth hormones)--the only exceptions being those who compete in strictly tested, natural competitions. Even the "golden era" guys I talk about used them, and the dosages have kept getting higher ever since.

Here's what you need to understand: a guy using steroids can train harder and more frequently than a natural trainee. He can do multiple sets for each muscle and still have the ability to recover. If you aren't using steroids, you can't.

2. Genetics: Professional bodybuilders have exceptional genetics. They tend to have full muscle bellies and respond very favorably to training. This is yet another reason you should not follow their routines--what works for a genetically gifted individual will probably not work for a skinny guy (or average guy) trying to put on muscle.

3. Time: Some of the pros do nothing but train eat, pose, and sleep. In other words, you aren't going to be able to live in the gym like someone who is paid to train. Hopefully you are pursuing other goals, like getting a degree or finding a fulfilling career.

Read this and thought I'd post this for anyone new to BB and wanna be big and strong and read every issue of every bodybuilding magazine...
    Yes the information is correct I agree with you.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  147 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.81%

I guess there is some truth behind it... Like for example... I read a lot abt pros who train each body part twice a week... Imagine a natural bb trying to do that... Or some kid who just started out reads that and goes at it... I don't think good genetics have that big a role in pro bodybuilding... I do think steroids do though... The recovery from steroid is unmatched... Hence someone who is not on steroids shouldn't jump at the first training routine he reads of a pro bb
    So basically you're saying an upper/lower, push/pull/legs or full body isn't good for a natural to do? Please explain.
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.9%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.44%

Quote Originally Posted by Reds91

So basically you're saying an upper/lower, push/pull/legs or full body isn't good for a natural to do? Please explain.
    Just meant training one body part more than once a week is counter productive ...if you are a natural bodybuilder... Specially big muscle groups... Takes long to recover...

On steroids you recover faster... So you can train them more often...
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88%

Would agree with most everything that's been said but you can train a body part twice a week if your completely recovered like no soreness in the muscle. I train my weaker parts twice a week but I spread them out and my diet is focused on great recovery. Legs and chest at the moment. Had some great gains but I will say if you have any tenderness in the muscle don't train it and I say that from personal experience with some injuries back in the day. Hope this helps
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.2%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

Just meant training one body part more than once a week is counter productive ...if you are a natural bodybuilder... Specially big muscle groups... Takes long to recover... On steroids you recover faster... So you can train them more often...
    This is so freaking wrong that it's ridiculous. You can easily train each muscle more than once per week provided proper volume and periodization. Increased frequency is one of the best ways to induce hypertrophy.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.9%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    This is so freaking wrong that it's ridiculous. You can easily train each muscle more than once per week provided proper volume and periodization. Increased frequency is one of the best ways to induce hypertrophy.
    Agreed I'm trying to a 2x week routine...
    Wish I would've done it sooner.

-Purus Labs Rep
    (Mobile Posting)
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP

Similar Forum Threads

1. REASONS WHY NOT TO EAT LIKE A HORSE ON CYCLE.
    By cardiobro in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2011, 02:07 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-05-2009, 03:22 PM
  3. Why not to jump the gun on PHs?
    By arizonanewbie in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 10:54 PM
  4. why not to drink
    By ICantRunFast in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0