Biceps Burn - AnabolicMinds.com

Biceps Burn

1. New Member

Biceps Burn

Does anybody else struggle to reach that burning, tight feeling in their biceps? I always feel it when I train chest, I always feel it when I train legs, I pretty much feel it on every muscle except biceps?

I train hard too, I'm not messing around, it's not about a lack of focus, knowledge or motivation, I just rarely feel like I've touched my biceps. My biceps aren't small, about 16.5 round, but for a while they've not grown...

Lately I've been banging out about 300 reps (in sets of about 20-30) standing barbell curls, with 17.5kg, and this has just about hit them.

Any tips would be much appreciated guys...!

2. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by thaddeus
    Does anybody else struggle to reach that burning, tight feeling in their biceps? I always feel it when I train chest, I always feel it when I train legs, I pretty much feel it on every muscle except biceps?

I train hard too, I'm not messing around, it's not about a lack of focus, knowledge or motivation, I just rarely feel like I've touched my biceps. My biceps aren't small, about 16.5 round, but for a while they've not grown...

Lately I've been banging out about 300 reps (in sets of about 20-30) standing barbell curls, with 17.5kg, and this has just about hit them.

Any tips would be much appreciated guys...!
    Damn... But yeah I have a similar feeling as you. Changing out the way I grip and exercises has helped a bit.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  3. New Member

Yeah? Cool, I'll give that a go. Thanks
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.

Weighted chin ups!
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.

Name:  kai incline.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  64.0 KB

DB curls done seated on an incline bench. Full stretch, full contraction
  6. ITW
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Yes! Incline curls ftfw
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

300reps? More does not always = better. You can get results in a tenth of that.

That tightness often occurs after extensive eccentric training (the lowering phase) and just because you don't get it all the time, doesn't mean your body won't grow. How long have you been stuck on 17.5kg for? Unless you add weight or reps then your body simply wont grow because it doesn't need to. Doing 30 sets isn't going to stimulate it more than if you increase the weight and reps per set.

Also, whats your diet like? are you feeding the body the fuel and tools it needs to grow? IF your in calorie deficit, don't expect growth. Because it just won't come.

You can't build a mansion with the tools only to build a shack.

Another point, how hard do you train your triceps? considering they make up ~70% of total arm dimensions they are also important to hit. If your hitting biceps with 300 reps, it would only make sense to match that intensity of triceps if not go over that.

Id suggest cutting down sets,. 300 reps is not needed.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by ITW
    Yes! Incline curls ftfw
    This!!!!!!
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Incline curls are good but I have recently switched to PHAT training and the hypertrophy arms day with concentration curls kills my biceps. After training chest it's just 3* 8-12 Cambered bar preacher curls and then 2* 12-15 Dumbbell concentration curls. It's been a long time since I have done conc curls but they really hit the biceps.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Calories Burned Having Sex
    By Nelson in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-31-2012, 06:05 PM
  2. Animalbolics Diet, burning fat intelligently
    By Bean in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-11-2003, 08:34 PM
  3. help wiith the burn
    By daddy-o in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-17-2003, 01:50 PM
  4. Fat burning
    By LCSULLA in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-13-2003, 11:19 PM
  5. Brown fat increases fat-burning-How to keep it working for you.
    By windwords7 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2003, 05:28 PM