does compression make muscles smaller?

1. does compression make muscles smaller?

I play baseball and we have practice that lasts like 4 hours. I have been getting pretty bad shin splints. I'm thinking about gatteing a mcdavid compression leg sleeve to help not get shin splints. Will tight compression make my calves smaller?

2. I don't see how wearing a compression sleeve would make a muscle smaller. You're increasing pressure in that area but unless you're cutting off circulation I don't see any reason why you'd lose muscle tissue.

Plus it's not like you're going to be wearing this thing all day anyway. Don't worry about it..

I had shin splints when I played football and the only way I could ever get rid of them was to completely rest them and not do any kind of running. I played through them but it was a bitch!! Good luck
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Type O Hero
    I don't see how wearing a compression sleeve would make a muscle smaller. You're increasing pressure in that area but unless you're cutting off circulation I don't see any reason why you'd lose muscle tissue.

Plus it's not like you're going to be wearing this thing all day anyway. Don't worry about it..

I had shin splints when I played football and the only way I could ever get rid of them was to completely rest them and not do any kind of running. I played through them but it was a bitch!! Good luck
    Thanks bro. I'm just going to wear it and not worry about it

Similar Forum Threads

1. Compression Bands?
    By Lou villian in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 10:21 PM
  2. help..im getting smaller
    By jondip in forum Bulking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 06:26 PM
  3. Compression shorts for sport/lifting
    By walugi in forum Training Forum