Unable to compete due to scaring?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

Unable to compete due to scaring?

I have been pondering entering some amateur competitions in the next year or so...have the size for my height, but need to hone in the diet.

However, I had cancer when I was an infant--in my liver. Due to this I have a large scar that runs across my midsection; it looks like someone tried to gut me! I also have a circular scar on my side from a port where I had chemo.

I am pretty much incapable of having a six pack due to this...scar tissue, torn muscle, etc. Would this make it impossible for me to compete competitively?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    I have been pondering entering some amateur competitions in the next year or so...have the size for my height, but need to hone in the diet.

However, I had cancer when I was an infant--in my liver. Due to this I have a large scar that runs across my midsection; it looks like someone tried to gut me! I also have a circular scar on my side from a port where I had chemo.

I am pretty much incapable of having a six pack due to this...scar tissue, torn muscle, etc. Would this make it impossible for me to compete competitively?
    it can be a cruel world sometimes but dont forget you will be competing with individuals who have strived for perfection .

i would suggest you contact an organiser of a show local to you and see what he has to say you ll also have the opportunity to show him what you are talking about.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  206 lbs.

Contact Denny kakos, the president of the INBA. Nice guy and should help clear things up.
    I think you could get away with it, If it's as obvious as it sounds...of the rest of you is lean and symmetrical, you might do ok
    My goal as a natural bodybuilder is to improve constantly, and win my pro card, while making an increasing amount of people doubt that I'm natural ;)
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Firmanator
    Contact Denny kakos, the president of the INBA. Nice guy and should help clear things up.
    I think you could get away with it, If it's as obvious as it sounds...of the rest of you is lean and symmetrical, you might do ok
    Thanks for the replies, guys. I appreciate it. I am definitely going to make some calls. It is definitely a noticeable scar, but something I'm thankful for give the alternative of the circumstance I had.

I truly do appreciate the feedback.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  217 lbs.

good luck with it bro!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. unable to press!
    By underdog13 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-05-2009, 03:16 PM
  2. Unable To Do Cardio
    By adonnas in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 04:57 PM
  3. Yohimbe is scaring me...
    By Speakercity in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-18-2007, 08:23 PM
  4. Tested Powerlifting meets??To compete or Not to compete?
    By MrSkullCrusher in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-07-2005, 08:13 PM