Natural Fat Loss Supplements?

jwhawk

Awards
Hey guys and gals,

I have hit a fat loss plateau--I'm blaming bad genes and maybe laziness to push myself over the top. I am considering a fat loss supplement, but I would like some advice. First about me and my fitness evolution so to speak.

I am 5'10" 24 years old and weigh in at 180. I am currently about 12% body fat. I would like to get down to 7%. About 5 years ago I weighed 210, and all things considered probably about 25% body fat. Lard ass? Yes. Anyway, I turned my life around, dieted, circuit trained, and cardio-ed it up. Got all the way down to 150 then started to bulk up.

Current diet: about 6 meals a day, generally being:
medium meal for breakfast, 2 whole eggs, 2 peices of whole wheat bread, some type of meat, 2 cups of milk, 2 cups of coffee.
small snack: about a 30 gram serving of a general protein shake--the shake is a mix of concentrate, isolates, eggs, and casein proteins--and a banana, sometimes veggies if I have leftovers
small meal: chicken and broccolli, cauliflower or some green veg, probably about 15gs of protein, maybe a little more
post-work out shake: 25grams of whey isolate
medium dinner: chicken or turkey and some brocolli again, larger portions, usually small amount of brown rice now
optional: the general protein shake from earlier, no banana this time--really only drink on lift days

I just went through a re-feed week last month and I rarely cheat. I think my diet is pretty good, but suggestions are always welcomed

Current work-out:
I took two weeks off for vacation, but before I was lifting 4 times a week. One day being a push day, the other being a pull day and the other two as olympic/powerlifting days.

Intense HIIT on non-lift day (mostly rowing in intervals, stairs in intervals, or this jump rope circuit), light aerobic-style stairs on lift days, separated by work day.

My problem is that my fat is really disproportional now. I have a six pack, but then I have back fat and slight man boobs. What am I doing wrong here? I said bad genes before because my whole family is fat. When I stop either part of my cardio plan I immediately start putting on weight--and generally not the good kind. I'd really like to lose the back fat and chest fat. Note: It isn't gyno, I went to the doc, they said its just normal fat from when I was overweight. They said surgery is an option, but my problem isn't hormonal or anything.

I thought a fat burner would put me over the top, let me know if you have suggestions!

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
Well your diet isn't too terrible. You seem to have a lot of fat in your breakfast, unless it's fat free milk. Also I'd recommend carbs before And after working out. A whey shake by itself will mostly be metabolized for energy after lifting. Regardless of how clean you eat, if you eat too many calories then you will still have fat. You will just have to shrink down the calories a bit until you're slowly losing weight, hopefully most of which will be fat. Keep lifting heavy as well.
Yohimbe or cla could help you out. Lipo6 seems to be an ok fat burner too and it's cheap.

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Save your money man! These so called "fat burners" won't do any difference for you. If you want to see change, then manipulate your diet and don't rely on these stimulants to burn fat! The only reason I take a stim when I am contest dieting, is not to burn fat, it's just to give me energy because I feel sluggish from low calories/extremely low body fat! Pay your dues, do the work and eat less if your not losing weight. It'll all work out with consistancy and DISCIPLINE.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Look into lean gains/intermittant fasting. Its a diet based on meal timing and periods of fasting thats proving quite popular. Ive just started ti to get lean for summer and am hoping i wont need the assistance of supps for a month or two. Maybee this will help break your plateau.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/174612-lean-gains-if.html
I'm smashing plateaus with lean gains. Eating to recomp right now. Im currently at 206 at around 9-10% BF. 1500-1800 cals on burn days 2200-2800 cals on lift days. LG is very forgiving and very effective. Macros are 50p 20c 30f on burn and 40p 30c 20f on lift days (I am very carb sensitive). Kleens log is definitely legit and a great place to get started on LG

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good natural supplements for fat burning: Raspberry Ketones, TTA, Caffeine, Green Tea, PLCAR or any type of carnitine,

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I'm smashing plateaus with lean gains. Eating to recomp right now. Im currently at 206 at around 9-10% BF. 1500-1800 cals on burn days 2200-2800 cals on lift days. LG is very forgiving and very effective. Macros are 50p 20c 30f on burn and 40p 30c 20f on lift days (I am very carb sensitive). Kleens log is definitely legit and a great place to get started on LG
are those macros for each meal ?

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards

Turnitup122

Awards
Is eca considered natural?

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
The ECA stack is a drug combination used in weight loss and as a stimulant. ECA is an acronym for ephedrine, caffeine, and aspirin, with variants of it including the EC stack, which removes the aspirin for those that can not tolerate it. Dietary supplements based on or including elements of ECA were popular through the 1990s and early 2000's, but the marketing of ephedra- or ephedrine-containing stimulant combinations for weight loss and bodybuilding is now restricted or illegal in the United States and Canada due to reports of heart attack, stroke, and death associated with these supplements...Wikipedia...Enjoy!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
All three are drugs. Ephedrine is looked down upon in natural bodybuilding but caffeine and aspirin are ok?

Define "natural"

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
Caffeine is not a drug...ephedrine is banned from natural comps usually. Natural means substances that are found organically, such as creatine, amino acids, etc. no anabolics, no prohormones, no chemical test boosters etc

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
What? Yes, caffeine is a drug. It changes your body chemistry, has addictive properties, and can interefere with other physiological process is in the body. That's called a drug. http://www.m.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/guide/triggers-caffeine

Anyway. I'm not gonna try to hijacked this thread on the natural debate. I suggest Lean Xtreme for something with phosphotidyl serene for a good 7keto like product with cortisol control, no stims.

Daniel1234

Awards
Hi all,
what supplements for the weight gain and fat gain???

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
It's not a drug according to natural orgs since you can use it as much as you want and it's a natural substance. Its a natural stimulant...We're talkin bodybuilding not about its minor side effects :) anything if overused can cause problems

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Ok, that makes more sense. You gotta be specific when sayin somethin like that. I almost failed a polygraph one time because they asked if I've ever taken diuretics. We all use Uva Ursi and eat asparagus but they meant prescription. Details are important.

You can die from vitamin A poisoning from too many carrots. Dies that count as overdose side effects?

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
Lol ya someone mentioned bodybuilding supplements and if they were banned. Thats why I said it that way, sorry. Literally any vitamin or mineral etc will cause issues if you get way too little or way too much. But yeah If you're doin natural shows things like caffeine, or herbs/plants, etc are all fine to use.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I'm aware. I just have my hang ups with the regulations and word choices. One could still argue that a lot of the new fat burners on the market like Erase or Lean Extreme wouldn't fly.

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
That's why you have to check their banned substances list to be safe

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
That's why you gotta check their banned substances list, just to be safe

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I emailed the INBF directly about a few items beforehand just to be certain.

Turnitup122

Awards
By the way oxy elite worked pretty good for me. I'm pretty sure that wouldnt be banned lol

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
OEP is fine. If you can get it on bb.com there's no doubt its acceptable. I personally had a move negative experience but I'm just one of the unlucky

Linda Albert

Banned
Awards
I think and fallow the green tea and cabbage juice are the natural fat burners.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
OEP is fine. If you can get it on bb.com there's no doubt its acceptable. I personally had a move negative experience but I'm just one of the unlucky
I got nothing from OEP myself. Switched it up to Finaflex Pro Xanthine 500 XT! This stuff Is the Sh!t.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got nothing from OEP myself. Switched it up to Finaflex Pro Xanthine 500 XT! This stuff Is the Sh!t.
Hmmm might have to try it...I like TTA-500

Greg Grunberg

Awards
Hey guys.

Thanks for sharing your valuable suggestion,Everyone even a small amount of research on weight loss supplements know that there are three main one on the market that can be found. These are Proactol, LIPObind, and Hoodia. So what makes these supplements so much better than all the others?

Thanks a lot
Greg Grunberg