Looking for some criticism

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73%

Looking for some criticism

I am 5'7 and 174 lbs, created a workout program and was wondering if there are any obvious mistakes I am making. I been lifting on and off for a couple years, but I'm always looking to learn more, and this is my first program that I made my self. I take Optimum nutrition whey protein, Creatine monohydrate, multivitamin, and NO X-plode. My diet is pretty balanced with lots of whole grains, lean meats, and some good fats. My goal is kind of a hybrid purpose, that might be a mistake in itself, but I was hoping this program would add some mass(like 10 more lbs), but mainly tone up and possibly trim some fat off. So here's the routine:

WEEK 1: 2 sets/10-15 reps
    MON(legs)-squat, stiff leg dead lift, leg press, calf raises, leg extensions, hamstring curls

TUE(chest,tri)- flat barbell bench press, incline BB bench press, decline smith press, db flys, skull crushers, overhead db extensions, rope pulldown, close grip bench press

WED(back)- deadlift, reverse bent over row, pulley row, pull ups, lat pulldown

THUR(biceps)- standing EZ bar curl, incline db curl, reverse EZ bar curl, preacher curls, db curls

FRI(shoulders)- military press, BB upright row, front db raises, side db raises
    Rest on sat/sun

Week 2: 3 sets/8-10 reps
    Week 3: 4 sets/6-8 reps
    Week 4: 4 sets/4-6 reps
    Week 5: repeat sets/reps cycle for another 4 weeks starting with week 1 again

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.58%

if I were you Id combine back and biceps (and reduce the biceps volume slightly) and take thursday off. Also you have no trap work, add in some traps with shoulders, some hang cleans and barbell/db shrugs should work fine.

Another thing, your hybrid concept is kind of flawed. You lift to get bigger and stronger, you can do extra cardio to help you tone up, but overall your workout looks fine.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.18%

I have tried to train hard for 5 days in a row each week. I would get so broke down by Thurs that I felt like a 90yr old man.....If you're off and on, just don't get burnt out. Overtraining can lead to just as many mental excuses as physical excuses for skipping for the day. Legs on Monday could make your legs hurt all week-I myself can't wait 7 days between leg workouts....I just get too sore. If you can, then great. Just be truthful to yourself. Main thing is to not ever stop!
    •   

Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.27%

Changing the workout routine will be give some different results, check this out.

Similar Forum Threads

1. New guy - Stack criticism wanted!
    By VeeSix in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 07:13 AM
  2. my second cycle ... needs criticism
    By linus420 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 12:46 PM
  3. n00b here... need criticism!
    By gordon bombay in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7