Assault with Suma Root Rated NSF? - AnabolicMinds.com

Assault with Suma Root Rated NSF?

  1. New Member
    John33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    435
    Rep Power
    3564

    Reputation

    Assault with Suma Root Rated NSF?


    Hello,

    I have heard that there is a new version of Assault does not contain Suma Root any more. On MP's website, the Assault bottle looks different from the ones on BB.com and NutraPlanet, but it shows Suma Root in the list of ingredients and at the top of the page it displays NSF logo. So what am I missing?

    Which flavor of Assault still contains Suma Root? Can I get samples of Assault with Suma Root? I have heard a lot of good things about Assault and would like to try it.

    Thanks.

  2. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,156
    Rep Power
    193998

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by John33 View Post
    Hello,

    I have heard that there is a new version of Assault does not contain Suma Root any more. On MP's website, the Assault bottle looks different from the ones on BB.com and NutraPlanet, but it shows Suma Root in the list of ingredients and at the top of the page it displays NSF logo. So what am I missing?

    Which flavor of Assault still contains Suma Root? Can I get samples of Assault with Suma Root? I have heard a lot of good things about Assault and would like to try it.

    Thanks.
    The ingredient profile on the MusclePharm website has not been updated for the reformulation of Assault.

    If you want to try Assault with Suma Root in, then you will have to find a tub that was not made in the last few months - i.e. stock already out. Since the release of the Green Apple flavour, all batches of Assault have been made without the Suma Root.

    No samples of the original Assault are available, but there are samples of the reformulated version.

    If you would like a sample, contact Drew re drew@musclepharm.com, and he should take care of you. Please be aware that he is extremely busy, so you may not get a reply straight away, but be patient and he will get to you when he can.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. New Member
    John33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    435
    Rep Power
    3564

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    The ingredient profile on the MusclePharm website has not been updated for the reformulation of Assault.

    If you want to try Assault with Suma Root in, then you will have to find a tub that was not made in the last few months - i.e. stock already out. Since the release of the Green Apple flavour, all batches of Assault have been made without the Suma Root.

    No samples of the original Assault are available, but there are samples of the reformulated version.

    If you would like a sample, contact Drew re drew@musclepharm.com, and he should take care of you. Please be aware that he is extremely busy, so you may not get a reply straight away, but be patient and he will get to you when he can.

    ~Rosie~
    Thank you for the contact person at MP.

    There is currently a special on BB.com for Assault. But 2 get one free. The label on the BB's site still show the Suma Root, which could be a mistake, of course, but my question is: Is there a way to know if BB, iHerb and NutraPlanet still selling the old version?
    •   
       

  4. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,156
    Rep Power
    193998

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by John33 View Post
    Thank you for the contact person at MP.

    There is currently a special on BB.com for Assault. But 2 get one free. The label on the BB's site still show the Suma Root, which could be a mistake, of course, but my question is: Is there a way to know if BB, iHerb and NutraPlanet still selling the old version?
    No worries

    If you want to know, just contact them and ask - there are contact numbers on each site.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. New Member
    John33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    435
    Rep Power
    3564

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    No worries

    If you want to know, just contact them and ask - there are contact numbers on each site.

    ~Rosie~
    By the way, do you have any idea regarding the Suma Root dosage that was used in Assault. I know it is a prop. blend, but maybe you know. I think I have seen somewhere that they used 20:1 ration, which would be equivalent to 8 grams of the Suma Root, which, if correct seems like too much. Paradise Herbs has the Suma Root, Suma root extract 4:1 (Equivalent to 1,600 mg whole root), that is where I got the 8 grams from.
  6. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,156
    Rep Power
    193998

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by John33 View Post
    By the way, do you have any idea regarding the Suma Root dosage that was used in Assault. I know it is a prop. blend, but maybe you know. I think I have seen somewhere that they used 20:1 ration, which would be equivalent to 8 grams of the Suma Root, which, if correct seems like too much. Paradise Herbs has the Suma Root, Suma root extract 4:1 (Equivalent to 1,600 mg whole root), that is where I got the 8 grams from.
    I can't recall the amount off the top of my head, but if you contact MusclePharm they might tell you - I say "might" because it is a prop. blend. Either way, your calculation of amounts re ratios is inaccurate - dosage used and ratio used are NOT the same thing!

    Re ratio, Suma Root Extract 20:1 is used in MusclePharm products.

    Found a copy of Ingredient Profile for the first version of the reformulated Assault:
    Name:  Assault-reformulated_SuppFacts.jpg
Views: 1125
Size:  177.9 KB

    There has been another version since, with FD&C Red No 3 replaced with the Yellow#5 and Blue #1...And there is an even NEWER version coming (still no Suma Root) out (possibly already out - was time-lined to have come out in August) with the addition of BCAAs at a ratio of 3:1:2. Astravar, and Cinnulin...

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  7. New Member
    John33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    435
    Rep Power
    3564

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    There has been another version since, with FD&C Red No 3 replaced with the Yellow#5 and Blue #1...And there is an even NEWER version coming (still no Suma Root) out (possibly already out - was time-lined to have come out in August) with the addition of BCAAs at a ratio of 3:1:2. Astravar, and Cinnulin...
    The newest formula looks interesting.

    I called a number of different stores, but they all have the new version. So I bought Nature's Way, Suma Root in capsules. I took it a number of times, 3 capsules as recommended on a non-workout day and 4 capsules today with a pre-workout drink. I have noticed anything different, maybe a little more strength, but I think that came from Anabeta and RPM. Do you have any idea how it is supposed to work? I know feelings are subjective, but what am I supposed to feel on it? Does it work like a stimulant similar to caffeine or ginseng, or is it supposed to give me more strength or endurance? I asked around about the proper dose, but got nothing.
  8. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,156
    Rep Power
    193998

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by John33 View Post
    The newest formula looks interesting.

    I called a number of different stores, but they all have the new version. So I bought Nature's Way, Suma Root in capsules. I took it a number of times, 3 capsules as recommended on a non-workout day and 4 capsules today with a pre-workout drink. I have noticed anything different, maybe a little more strength, but I think that came from Anabeta and RPM. Do you have any idea how it is supposed to work? I know feelings are subjective, but what am I supposed to feel on it? Does it work like a stimulant similar to caffeine or ginseng, or is it supposed to give me more strength or endurance? I asked around about the proper dose, but got nothing.
    What you notice may be different to what I notice - after all, not everyone experiences the same effects, etc. from any given product or compound as everyone else. I get the effects I do because of my physiological and physical conditions and issues - they are specific to ME, so you may not be as affected by Suma Root or notice it as much as I do. Awareness of one's body will also determine whether or not you notice a difference, and how much that difference is. Also, you mention using AnaBeta and RPM - if you have never used either before, then it makes it a little difficult to know what difference Suma Root makes - hence always the recommendation to use products or compounds standalone so that you know how they affect you, or, if with others, make sure that they are products that you HAVE used before and know what to expect from.

    Re mechanisms and more information, etc., from Suma Root in MP Products:
    Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    Suma

    “The Russian Secret”

    You will notice in most of Muscle Pharm's products we have an unique ingredient called Suma root. At Muscle Pharm we are ready to bring the so called "Russian Secret" into the spot light and let everyone experience its benefits. Here is a little information taken from the Muscle Pharm site, enjoy!

    Nutritionally, suma root contains 19 different amino acids, a large number of electrolytes, trace minerals, iron, magnesium, zinc, vitamins A, B1, B2, E, K, and pantothenic acid. Its high germanium content probably accounts for its properties as an oxygenator at the cellular level; its high iron content may account for its traditional use for anemia. The root also contains novel phytochemicals including saponins, pfaffic acids, glycosides, and nortriterpenes.

    Suma has also been called "the Russian secret," as it has been taken by Russian Olympic athletes for many years and has been reported to increase muscle-building and endurance without the side effects associated with steroids. This action is attributed to an anabolic-type phytochemical called beta-ecdysterone and three novel ecdysteroid glycosides that are found in high amounts in suma. Suma is such a rich source of beta-ecdysterone that it is the subject of a Japanese patent for the extraction methods employed to obtain it from suma root (approximately 2.5 g of beta-ecdysterone can be extracted from 400 g of powdered suma root-or .63%). These same Japanese researchers filed a U.S. patent in 1998 for a proprietary extract of suma (which extracted the ecdysterone and beta-ecdysterone); it claimed (through various in vivo and in vitro studies) that their compound maintained health, enhanced the immune system, and had a tonic and an anti-allergenic effect. A French company also filed a U.S. patent on the topical use of these ecdysterone chemicals, claiming that their suma ecdysterone extract strengthened the water barrier function of the skin, increased skin keratinocyte differentiation (which would be helpful for psoriasis), gave the skin a smoother, softer appearance and, also, improved hair appearance.

    Suma root has a very high saponin content (up to 11%). In phytochemistry, plant saponins are well known to have a wide spectrum of activities including lowering blood cholesterol, inhibiting cancer cell growth, and acting as antifungal and antibacterial agents. They are also known as natural detergent and foaming agents. Phytochemists report that saponins can act by binding with bile acids and cholesterol. It is thought that these chemicals "clean" or purge these fatty compounds from the body (thus lowering blood cholesterol levels). One of the most famous plant saponins is digitalis, derived from the common foxglove garden plant, which has been used as a heart drug for over 100 years.

    The specific saponins found in the roots of suma include a group of novel phytochemicals that scientists have named pfaffosides. These saponins have clinically demonstrated the ability to inhibit cultured tumor cell melanomas (in vitro) and help to regulate blood sugar levels (in vivo). The pfaffosides and pfaffic acid derivatives in suma were patented as antitumor compounds in several Japanese patents in the mid-1980s. In a study described in one of the patents, researchers reported that an oral dosage of 100 mg/kg (of suma saponins) given to rats was active against abdominal cancer. The other patents and Japanese research report that the pfaffic acids found in suma root had a strong in vitro activity against melanoma, liver carcinoma, and lung carcinoma cells at only 4-6 mcg of pfaffic acids. However, it should be noted that this equates to taking 400 to 600 g (about 1 pound) of natural suma root daily to achieve the therapeutic dosage of pfaffic acids reported to demonstrate toxic activity against these cancer cells. As such, it will probably be left up to the pharmaceutical companies to provide synthesized versions of these chemicals in therapeutic amounts.

    Suma's main plant chemicals are: allantoin, beta-ecdysterone, beta-sitosterol, daucosterol, germanium, iron, magnesium, nortriterpenoids, pantothenic acid, pfaffic acids, pfaffosides A-F, polypodine B, saponins, silica, stigmasterol, stigmasterol-3-o-beta-d-glucoside, vitamins A, B1, B2, E, K, and zinc.

    BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITIES AND CLINICAL RESEARCH

    In addition to the pfaffic acids having anticancerous activity, recent research in Japan (in 2000) reported that natural suma root had anti-cancerous activity as well. In this in vivo study, an oral administration of powdered suma root (at a dosages of 750 mg/kg) was reported to inhibit the proliferation of lymphoma and leukemia in mice and, otherwise, delay mortality. Notice, however, that this antiproliferative effect slowed the growth of these cancer cells - it did not eradicate them. These researchers postulated that the inhibitory effect evidenced might be due to the enhancement of the nonspecific and/or cellular immune systems.

    In 1995, another U.S. patent was filed which detailed some beneficial effects of suma root against sickle-cell anemia. In a double blind placebo human study, they reported that 15 patients taking suma root for three months (1000 mg three times daily) increased hemoglobin levels, inhibited red blood cell sickling and, generally, improved their physical condition by reducing side effects during the treatment. These results were statistically higher than the 15 other patients on placebo. Unfortunately, once treatment was discontinued, symptoms and blood parameters returned to their pretreated state within 3-6 months. It was reported, however, that several patients in the study remained on the suma supplement for three years or longer. They reportedly maintained consistent improvement and a higher quality of life with no side effects. Other U.S. researchers (in 2000) studied suma root's actual mechanism of action in its ability to resickle blood cells and reported their findings-which again confirmed an antisickling effect and a rehydration effect of sickled cells (in vitro).

    In other research, suma demonstrated analgesic and anti-inflammatory activities in various in vivo rat and mouse studies. Another tested activity focused on its long history of use as a sexual stimulant and aphrodisiac. Researchers verified this traditional use, reporting in a 1999 clinical study that a suma root extract was able to increase the sexual performance in healthy, sexually sluggish and impotent rats. In 2001, a U.S. patent was filed on a multi-plant combination containing suma for sexual enhancement in humans. The patent indicated that the suma extract tested increased sexual performance and function.

    Toxicity studies with humans indicated no toxicity at an oral dosage of 1.5 g of the root. Another orally-administered toxicity study with rats also reported no toxicity-even when suma root represented 50% of the rats' food supply for 30 days. However, mice injected subcutaneously with the equivalent of 5 gm/kg (in an ethanol extract) evidenced sedation, drop in body temperature, and loss of motor coordination; mortality was observed at 10 g/kg (again, in an ethanolic extract) when injected in mice

    For more information on our products and ingredients check out our website here -> MusclePharm.com
    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 11:12 PM
  2. suma root
    By andrew732 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 11:29 AM
  3. Suma root
    By SEBASTOP in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 11:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in