Combat Powder

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Muscle Pharm Rep
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.54%

Combat Powder

Technologically Advanced Protein "Super-Food"

Bodybuilders and athletes have known for decades that a diet high in quality protein is necessary in order to maximize muscle mass, strength, and power. However, consuming such massive quantities of protein via food alone is difficult for most, which is why protein powders take up so much space on health food store shelves. The problem is that few, if any, of these products truly set themselves apart from the rest, as the majority of supplement companies out there are satisfied just to meet the status quo. Unfortunately, getting freakishly huge and ripped is anything but status quo!

Nobody understands this better than the scientific team at MusclePharm, which is exactly why they painstakingly developed the most technologically advanced protein formula the industry has ever seen…aptly named COMBAT! Muscle Pharm scientists insisted on fortifying COMBAT with extra BCAA's and glutamine for intensified repair, recovery, and nitrogen retention, as well as a special digestive blend to ensure efficient nutrient utilization.
    Add in fantastic taste & easy mixability and it is simple to see why COMBAT is truly a step ahead in protein powder technology.

Feeds Muscle Up To 8 hours:
    With a precision-engineered matrix that contains whey protein concentrates, hydrolysates, and isolates, as well as egg albumin and micellar casein, COMBAT is the ultimate timed-released protein super-food! Because each of the distinct protein sources found within COMBAT digest at varying rates, amino acids are not only flooded into the bloodstream within minutes after consumption, but will continuously be "trickle fed" to your muscles for up to 8 hours afterward!

Ingredient Profile:

Musclepharm: Assault - Pre Workout Matrix

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Q. What Is Combat Powder?
    With a precision-engineered matrix that contains whey protein concentrates, hydrolysates, and
    isolates, as well as egg albumin and micellar casein, COMBAT is the ultimate timed-released protein
    super-food! Because each of the distinct protein sources found within COMBAT digest at varying rates,
    amino acids are not only flooded into the bloodstream within minutes after consumption, but will
    continuously be "trickle fed" to your muscles for up to 8 hours afterward!

When is the best time to use Combat?

Certainly the most important times are immediately upon awakening, right after training, and just
    before bed, as these are vital periods for the initiation of the growth process. However, Combat can
    also be used at ANY time of day as a substitute for whole food protein.

Why not use just whey protein? Isn’t that the best source of protein?

While whey is one of the most important protein sources on the planet, it has its limitations, and
    thus works best as part of a blendof proteins. You see whey protein is digested very quickly, which
    causes a rapid rise in blood amino acids. While this seems like a great thing, there remains a problem.
    These amino acids are cleared from the system almost immediately, which is excellent for the short
    term, but does not cover the period of time between meals. However, with the addition of egg
    albumin and micellar casein you will slowly trickle feed amino acids to your cells over a period of up
    to 8 hours! This makes COMBAT the ultimate anabolic andanticatabolic protein matrix!

Will COMBAT mess up my stomach?
    Many protein powders do.
    COMBAT contains some of the best, and purest proteins currently available and is very low in
    lactose. Additionally, a special digestive blend has been added to the formula to promote better
    digestion and assimilation of the protein constituents. For most, COMBAT provides no stomach
    discomfort whatsoever.

Should COMBAT be mixed with milk or water?
    COMBAT protein can be mixed with either depending on your tastes and goals. A thicker and richer shake will be had with the use of milk, but I only recommend this for those that are bulking up. For those looking to gain lean muscle and/or reveal more definition, I would recommend either straight water or ½ skim milk and ½ water. COMBAT tastes great either way.

Can COMBAT be used in conjunction with other MusclePharm products?
    Absolutely it can! COMBAT is a perfect fit with any and all of the Muscle Pharm line of hardcore
    products! In fact, COMBAT should be the foundation of your supplement program no matter what
    your fitness goals entail.

How do I know how many scoops to use per serving?
    Although this is difficult to answer because there are many factors involved when evaluating the
    amount of protein that should be consumed per meal and on a daily basis, my general
    recommendation would be:

›› 150 lbs and less
    ›› 1 scoop per serving
    ›› 151-200 lbs
    ›› 1.5 scoops per serving
    ›› 201-225 lbs – 2 scoops per serving
    ›› 226-250 lbs – 2.5 scoops per serving
    ›› 251 and up – 3 scoops per serving

Since protein already contains both glutamine and BCAA’s, why is there more added
    to the formula?

BCAA’s and glutamine are the most important amino acids for muscle growth and repair, mostly
    because of the roles they play in protein synthesis, immune system function, energy production,
    glycogen storage, natural GH release, and the slowing of protein breakdown. Thus, we added even
    more of these amazing aminos so that your results would surpass anything you have experienced with
    any other protein powder!

What really sets COMBAT apart from the rest of the protein formulas out there?

Well, aside from COMBAT’s incredible protein matrix…its easy mixability…its fantastic
    taste…and the added BCAA’s, glutamine and digestive complex, what really makes COMBAT special
    is the fact that OMEGA WAVE technology was utilized to “precision formulate” the product (as well
    as the entire Muscle Pharm line) to be the most effective of its kind. OMEGA WAVE technology is
    used to monitor the function of multiple biological systems and provide a comprehensive
    picture of changes in athletes, as they respond to training, life choices, and emotional stress,
    diets and supplementation. No other supplement company uses such advanced technology
    when designing their products.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  203 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.39%

Sounds like it will be an interesting product, is it available yet? Looks like it has potential... any idea on price?
    •   

4. Muscle Pharm Rep
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.54%

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX1984 View Post
    Sounds like it will be an interesting product, is it available yet? Looks like it has potential... any idea on price?

Will be available Jan 23rd.

Price will be $72.99 for 64 servings (This is our SRP so you can expect it to be around $45-$50 on websites)
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.75%

Nice! looks like some real good protein, a little pricey there but it would be a nice addition to the Assault/Bulletproof that just arrived!!
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.24%

Well you can always count on us to have some good sales on our products so you all better get over to www.musclepharm.com/forum and sign up. This way you will be the first to know about special contest and promotions.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.85%

Choose Your Weapon In The Fight Against Skinny.
    Gause institute member

Need2slin designer.Product designer/ **** admin.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.13%

can't wait to finish my current supps and try this..
    However if I were to take 2-3 scoops a day i'd be ingesting almost 100% cholesterol without eating anything..
    Just wondering if there's a reason for the high cholesterol or it's just in there due to ingredients?
    EDIT: more like 60-70% but still wondering
    Last edited by MPFit; 01-12-2009 at 08:29 PM. Reason: exhageration
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.24%

It is just do to the ingredients, the cholesterol is coming from the different types of the dairy proteins in the mixture. If you have a problem with cholesterol it may be wise to limit yourself to one or two serving a day. Now with that being said there are some things to keep in mind about cholesterol, first it is the bases for your bodies sex hormones. Secondly dietary intake of cholesterol has been shown by some studies to not have a large impact on your bodies total levels, but rather your genetically predetermined to have a certain set point for cholesterol. Third, for each serving of Combat Powder you are getting 5g's of fiber which is known to lower cholesterol levels and also have cardiovascular benefits and GI benefits. Finally the RDA for cholesterol is made for the average American on a 2000kcal diet, not for active weight lifters who will need a higher level of cholesterol to maintain proper hormonal function.

Disclaimer
    Just To Be Clear:
    If you have a history of cholesterol problems in your family and do not use preventative measures such as taking a high quality marine lipid supplement (fish oil caps) or eating a high fiber diet (which everyone should be doing) then I am not going to recommend Combat Powder to you . It is important to talk with your doctor and know about your own cholesterol status.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  10. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.69%

Quote Originally Posted by MPFit View Post
    can't wait to finish my current supps and try this..
    However if I were to take 2-3 scoops a day i'd be ingesting almost 100% cholesterol without eating anything..
    Just wondering if there's a reason for the high cholesterol or it's just in there due to ingredients?
    EDIT: more like 60-70% but still wondering
    Dietary cholesterol has very, very little impact, if any, on bodily cholesterol. Further, the body requires cholesterol to manufacture muscle.

FYI: If you decide to try this stuff, which you should, be sure to give it a good shake and mix. The first several scoops I took tasted like ass, then the rest tasted amazing. I am guessing that it wasn't mixed optimally.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.24%

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Dietary cholesterol has very, very little impact, if any, on bodily cholesterol. Further, the body requires cholesterol to manufacture muscle.

FYI: If you decide to try this stuff, which you should, be sure to give it a good shake and mix. The first several scoops I took tasted like ass, then the rest tasted amazing. I am guessing that it wasn't mixed optimally.
    The aminos might float up to the top during shipping, good call on mixing it up a bit.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  12. Muscle Pharm Rep
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.54%

Rugger the bottle I sent you was from a sample batch, and usually they do not blend these as well as the final version. But good points on the idea to make sure you shake powders, as that is always good to do for any powder products.
    Glad you like the final taste though, after you mixed it up !! Thanks for the honest feedback as you know we pride ourselves on making customers happy and I will make sure to pass this on to our lab!!
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.9%

Looks good. I am for sure going to buy it when it comes out..
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.24%

Its going to be out very very soon folks....
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  15. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.2%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Where are the reviews? Rugger never posted one up yet on the Choc PB which I anticipate the most.
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.24%

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Where are the reviews? Rugger never posted one up yet on the Choc PB which I anticipate the most.
    No one has received it yet other than him, it got held up a bit due to the holidays and such so the review will not start coming in for another week or two. I don't know why we decided on giving the Combat sample to that punk Rugger .... JK Rugger.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  17. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.69%

LAY OFF ME I'M STARVING!!!!!

I'm am totally swamped this month, far more than I expected to be. I will have some time to write something up after the 28th.

But lets just say every aspect of this stuff is an A++. Best chocolate PB I've tasted, hands down.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.9%

Cool

I'm am totally swamped this month, far more than I expected to be. I will have some time to write something up after the 28th.

But lets just say every aspect of this stuff is an A++. Best chocolate PB I've tasted, hands down.
    choc PB does sounds good. To bad I was lucky enough to get a sample
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Lucky bastage.
  20. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.77%

Thumbs up

Don't forget about the sale guys. I just picked up 2 CHPB and 1 Wildberry at a great price. I have a quick question for those who've tried it, whats the consistency like when mixed with water? Thin or Thick?
  21. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.69%

I go with 8oz of water per scoop and the consistency and taste is great. Haven't tried it with milk enough to comment.
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.83%

i just bought some, ill give this a shot with water, and comment when it arrives, i usually mix my protein in a blender.
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.24%

Quote Originally Posted by wilson502 View Post
    i just bought some, ill give this a shot with water, and comment when it arrives, i usually mix my protein in a blender.
    What flavor did you get?
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.83%

chocolate.
  25. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.83%

well the combat powder arrived, i mixed a quick shake, i must say this tastes excellent. Even better than atlarge nitrean, which is also a very good protein blend as well i might add.
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.24%

Quote Originally Posted by wilson502 View Post
    well the combat powder arrived, i mixed a quick shake, i must say this tastes excellent. Even better than atlarge nitrean, which is also a very good protein blend as well i might add.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.83%

since im on a cut, and suffer from skinny fat-ness (yes i kno laugh) What is the appropriate times to take this? i mix mine with water, and make one PWO (i do my workouts in the evening hours), and when i wake up in the morning.
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.24%

There is a few ways to utilize it, here are a few examples:
    2 scoops post workout
    1 scoop pre and post workout
    1 scoop before bed
    1 scoop for breakfast with some oats
    You could also make a shake with a couple scoops and stick it in your fridge. This way you can sip throughout the day or even during the night if you wake up to pee.

Since your cutting, you could replace one of your mid-day meals with two scoops of combat and a tbsp of peanut butter.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Here is my diet and where it fits in. I may use it before bed too.
    WAKE UP: Drinbk 12 oz of water and take vitamin and mineral and a thermo

CARDIO

MEAL ONE: Eat 2 oz of flank, 4 egg whiteswith a Tbsp of glutamine and a dose of B-complex

MEAL TWO: Eat 1 cup of fat free yogurt with 20 grams of protein powder added to it

MEAL THREE: Eat 3 oz of tuna rinsed with 2 cups of spinach salad, 8 asparagus spears, and take 1000 mgs of vitamin C

SNACK: Eat 4 to 6 oz of chicken with 2 plian rice cakes and another thermo

MEAL FOUR: Drink a 30 gram low carb low fat protein shake with a Tbsp of flax added to it
    Eat a greapfruit prior to training

TRAIN: do second cardio here
    MEAL FIVE: Eat 2 cups of butternut spahgetti squash with 5 oz orange roughyand take a Tbsp of glutamine and another dose of b-complex

MEAL SIX: : 4 egg whites and 2 oz of chicken and 10 asparagus speas

Eat additional tuna if your hungry
  30. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.83%

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    There is a few ways to utilize it, here are a few examples:
    2 scoops post workout
    1 scoop before bed
    You could also make a shake with a couple scoops and stick it in your fridge. This way you can sip throughout the day or even during the night if you wake up to pee.

Since your cutting, you could replace one of your mid-day meals with two scoops of combat and a tbsp of peanut butter.
    Hmm this is what i was thinkin. I made some really good gains this week on legs and arms, just need to keep the gains coming.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.83%

I got to admit that the shakes of combat powder are ama-ZING! All that aside, bb.com doesn't sell the banana cream flavor...any other place I can go to find it? Everyone's making it sound delicious lol.
  32. Muscle Pharm Rep
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.54%

Quote Originally Posted by MAGUI View Post
    I got to admit that the shakes of combat powder are ama-ZING! All that aside, bb.com doesn't sell the banana cream flavor...any other place I can go to find it? Everyone's making it sound delicious lol.
    Banana Cream will be available on bb.com within the next few weeks
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.72%

hey true, i'm lactose intolerant and i usually only take whey isolate protein to avoid the lactose. I've used muscle milk and other products that have protein blends and say "low" lactose successfully, so is Combat just as low as those products?
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.61%

why aren't muscle pharm products available on nutraplanet.com????
  35. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.24%

Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c View Post
    why aren't muscle pharm products available on nutraplanet.com????
    Some people have been requesting MP on Nutra for a while, from what I understand Nutra is working on it.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.03%

Quote Originally Posted by Ju1cedUp View Post
    hey true, i'm lactose intolerant and i usually only take whey isolate protein to avoid the lactose. I've used muscle milk and other products that have protein blends and say "low" lactose successfully, so is Combat just as low as those products?
    A couple people i know with L.I. haven't had any major problems with combat, the added digestive enzymes help with that as well.
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.25%

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    2 scoops post workout
    1 scoop before bed
    Are you suggesting this product is suitable as an all in one?

I agree it is good before and after sleep. But a 100% whey product would be far more suitable pre and post workout.

Why despite the added AA's is the protein content so low?

Please post the Amino Acid profile for this product. I can not find it on your site.

I would be interested to see the scientific papers to back up your claims for this product. Has it been tested?
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.24%

Quote Originally Posted by TelABadManWot View Post
    Are you suggesting this product is suitable as an all in one?
    Combat would be suitable for any situation for when your going to use a supplemental protein.

I agree it is good before and after sleep. But a 100% whey product would be far more suitable pre and post workout.

There is a lot of conflicting information on this topic and really it is up to personal preference. I agree 100% that a whey isolate works better in a pre workout situation but I personally have always had better results with a blend post workout. I think a lot of it depends on how quickly you have a meal following your post workout shake. We do have a 100% whey product coming out shortly as well for people who prefer 100% whey in those two times.
    Why despite the added AA's is the protein content so low?
    The protein content per scoop is right on par with every other protein out there,(24g per scoop) most of the product that offer significantly higher protein per serving usually just have you taking multiple scoops as one serving.
    Please post the Amino Acid profile for this product. I can not find it on your site.
    I'm sorry but I do not have the specific amino acid breakdown for the protein. I will see if I can get that information for you.
    I would be interested to see the scientific papers to back up your claims for this product. Has it been tested?
    We did test the product with our Omega wave testing before it was released. Any of the claims made for this product can be backed up by the tons of research on supplemental protein and athletes that can be found on the web.
  39. Muscle Pharm Rep
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.54%

Here is our 6 Stage Testing Protocol that is used for every product we bring to market.

Scientifically Advanced 6-Stage Research and Testing Protocol

Each and every product sold by MusclePharm® is the end result of a long development process involving the expertise of three of the most eminent nutrition scientists, and top professional athletes in the country.

Step 1: The Vision
    CEO Brad Pyatt, President and fitness icon Cory Gregory and top sports nutritionist Eric Serrano, MD take the first step by envisioning a new nutritional supplement with a specific set of performance properties.

Step 2: The Formulation Process
    Dr. Eric Serrano, the leading sports nutrition doctor in the US, who is the company's medical director and formulator, begins putting together several advanced, oftentimes scientific breakthrough combinations and ratios of ingredients resulting in superior formulation.

Step 3: Athlete Protocol Test
    After a preliminary formulation of the new product has been created, samples are administered to a cohort of professional athletes in the NFL, MMA, MLB, and elsewhere. These athletes provide feedback to MusclePharm® based on their experiences with the supplement. We have several top expert fitness and strength coaches who help with feedback and testing of our Omega Wave Technology Machine that is administered to a baseline of top professional athletes, giving us real-world feedback and a practical read on the effectiveness of the products:

Step 4: Research and Product Testing
    Following this stage, the formulation is forwarded to Dr. Jeffrey Stout, a professor of exercise physiology at the University of Oklahoma, who performs follow-up testing to ensure its soundness from a nutritional and health standpoint. This includes clinical trials and studies, omega wave testing and several in-depth research analyses on ingredient ratios and combination's.

Step 5: Compliance and Safety
    From there, the new product is sent to Dr. Lowell T. Harmison, distinguished researcher with over 40 years of experience and leadership in biomedicine, who checks for compliance with the Food and Drug Administration, ensures that all manufacturing practices are current with FDA-approved regulatory guidelines, and assesses random audits on the manufacturing plant to ensure everything is functioning as needed.

Step 6: NSF Certification Program and Banned Substance-Free Guarantee
    -The final step of MusclePharm's product development is by far the most important.

At the request of the National Football League (NFL) and the National Football League Players Association (NFLPA), NSF has developed stringent criteria for product certification under the NFL/NFLPA Supplement Certification Program. In addition to requiring NSF Certification to dietary supplements or functional foods criteria, the program requires each product lot to undergo analytical testing to ensure the absence of any substances banned by the NFL/NFLPA.

In addition to the strict NSF Dietary Supplements and Functional Foods Program requirements, products certified under the Official NFL/NFLPA Supplement Certification Program must meet the following stringent criteria:

• Formula Evaluation - NSF provides confidential review of product formulations to screen for potential banned substances and determine testing requirements.

• Good Manufacturing Practices - Production facilities and packaging facilities are inspected to insure controls are in place to avoid the introduction of, or cross contamination with, banned substances.

•Clinical Testing for Metabolites - At the client's request, NSF will oversee clinical testing to determine if any ingredients metabolize into prohibited substances that may result in disqualification from competition.

• Chain-of-Custody Procedures - Each product lot tested for banned substances must be collected by an NSF auditor. All products pending testing are held under locked quarantine until NSF notifies the manufacturer of successful test results.

The Official NFL/NFLPA Supplement Certification Program:

• Offers NFL players product options so they will not unknowingly consume banned substances via their sports nutritional products.

• Reduces the likelihood of NFL players testing positive for banned substances consumed unintentionally.

• Ensures certified dietary supplements and functional foods contain the identity and quantity of ingredients listed on the product label and is free of any undeclared contaminants or prohibited ingredients.

• Provides a mechanism for third-party evaluation for the metabolites of dietary supplements formulations.

* MusclePharm is currently in the NSF approval process.
  40. Muscle Pharm Rep
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.54%

FYI: For label accuracy Amino Acids are not reflected in the protein amount shown on the Nutrition Fact Panel. Although some companies will show Amino Acid's as extra protein on the Nutrition Fact Panel, it is not accurate and very misleading to the customer.

Similar Forum Threads

1. ultimate nutrition/post combat powder
    By mountainman1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 09:23 PM
  2. Combat Powder (CHOC PB)
    By joebo in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 04:57 PM
  3. Combat Powder is Finally Here!!!
    By pmiller383 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 9