cinnamon!?!?! WTF!?!?!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    clownbaby1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  152 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    164

    cinnamon!?!?! WTF!?!?!


    okay, so a while ago i started a thread about not feeling sore or gaining any extra mass/losing bf from x factor. Today i was reading about cinnamon and came across this statement:

    "Cinnamon's ability to lower the release of arachidonic acid from cell membranes also puts it in the category of an "anti-inflammatory" food that can be helpful in lessening inflammation."

    taken from:WHFoods: Cinnamon, ground

    now, i eat ALOT of cinnamon, in my 3 bowls of oats a day and cup of cottage cheese before bed. When i say alot i mean i drench my food in it. Now could this be the reason for x factor not working?

    and if it is can i cut out all cinnamon from now on and still get the benefits? I am currently on day 38.(and i hear you still make gains 2 weeks after your last dose)

    If i had the money i would just buy another bottle and add it on to the cycle so it would be like a full cycle, but this just mafe me feel like i wasted alot of time and money on a supplement that has gotten amazing reviews and i feel would have done alot for me.

  2. Registered User
    clownbaby1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  152 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    164

    bump?
  3. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,539
    Rep Power
    77387

    Hmmm. first of all, no need to bump it's already atthe top :P

    I eat cinnamon regularly, and find no problems. You cantry to cut it out and see how you feel. Please let me know how it goes.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    clownbaby1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  152 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    164

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    Hmmm. first of all, no need to bump it's already atthe top :P

    I eat cinnamon regularly, and find no problems. You cantry to cut it out and see how you feel. Please let me know how it goes.
    haha, yes this thread doesnt seem to fly by as fast as the other forums do.Don't know why when the reps are always eager to help and throw down some great knowledge.

    back on task.lol. I dont think you understand exactly how much cinnamon i use. Im talking like 2 of those "shakers" a week into my oats. Im going to cut it all out for the rest of the cycle and if i start to feel a little more soreness i will know it was the cinnamon. I only have 12 days left though, so i may not even feel it then. If i do feel it however im going to have to really scavenge up some cash for another bottle as money is really tight now and i dont want to waste already being someone loaded with ArA. I just wish i knew before so that i could have put a potentially great stack and $100 to better use.
  5. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,539
    Rep Power
    77387

    Quote Originally Posted by clownbaby1 View Post
    haha, yes this thread doesnt seem to fly by as fast as the other forums do.Don't know why when the reps are always eager to help and throw down some great knowledge.

    back on task.lol. I dont think you understand exactly how much cinnamon i use. Im talking like 2 of those "shakers" a week into my oats. Im going to cut it all out for the rest of the cycle and if i start to feel a little more soreness i will know it was the cinnamon. I only have 12 days left though, so i may not even feel it then. If i do feel it however im going to have to really scavenge up some cash for another bottle as money is really tight now and i dont want to waste already being someone loaded with ArA. I just wish i knew before so that i could have put a potentially great stack and $100 to better use.
    If you have the DOMS, we might be able to help you out. Just do as I say, I will do my best to get your satisfaction out of it. I am a beleiver, and I want you to be as well.
  6. Registered User
    clownbaby1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  152 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    164

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    If you have the DOMS, we might be able to help you out. Just do as I say, I will do my best to get your satisfaction out of it. I am a beleiver, and I want you to be as well.
    Thanks a lot jjohn. I will let you know how things go the next 2 weeks. I'm hoping that the Ara has already built up, but the cinnamon wouldn't let it get excreted to the muscle cells(as what i've been reading in cinnamon's anti inflammatory articles). I may even run it at 3 caps a day so i can run it a bit longer just in case i cant get enough money saved up. (im only 150-155 lbs, manlet ftw!). But thanks again for all of your help. MN reps really are top notch!
  7. Registered User
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,322
    Rep Power
    3458019

    hope you enjoy it man. I do use alot of cinnamon and never noted any lessening of effects(but i don't seem to use as much cinnamon as you do)
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  8. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Rep Power
    41243

    Interesting, I know I sure eat alot of cinnamon in my morning porridge, but I don't think it was the reason I didn't get DOMS. Would be kind of neat if someone discovered cinnamon stops DOMS lol
  9. Registered User
    saludable24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    649
    Rep Power
    18353

    Quote Originally Posted by clownbaby1 View Post
    haha, yes this thread doesnt seem to fly by as fast as the other forums do.Don't know why when the reps are always eager to help and throw down some great knowledge.

    back on task.lol. I dont think you understand exactly how much cinnamon i use. Im talking like 2 of those "shakers" a week into my oats. Im going to cut it all out for the rest of the cycle and if i start to feel a little more soreness i will know it was the cinnamon. I only have 12 days left though, so i may not even feel it then. If i do feel it however im going to have to really scavenge up some cash for another bottle as money is really tight now and i dont want to waste already being someone loaded with ArA. I just wish i knew before so that i could have put a potentially great stack and $100 to better use.
    Isn't that much "raw" cinnamon dangerous as it has toxic chemicals that can build up if large dosages are use over time? Didn't they make CinulinPF to avoid this aspect.
  10. Registered User
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Beaumont, TX
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,116
    Rep Power
    9663

    Quote Originally Posted by saludable24 View Post
    Isn't that much "raw" cinnamon dangerous as it has toxic chemicals that can build up if large dosages are use over time? Didn't they make CinulinPF to avoid this aspect.
    Uhhhh errr - no, I think the CPF was to target the exact molecule that lowers blood sugar and improves cholesterol profiles.

    I've never heard anything about toxicity with cinnamon.
  11. Registered User
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Beaumont, TX
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,116
    Rep Power
    9663

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Interesting, I know I sure eat alot of cinnamon in my morning porridge, but I don't think it was the reason I didn't get DOMS. Would be kind of neat if someone discovered cinnamon stops DOMS lol
    WTF is porridge???
  12. Registered User
    spiderduncan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    USA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    356
    Rep Power
    377

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    WTF is porridge???
    Prepared oatmeal.
  13. Registered User
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Beaumont, TX
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,116
    Rep Power
    9663

    I think Steve is from Canada - I guess that explains it.
  14. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Rep Power
    41243

    Lol. This just happened to me as I was on the phone with Marcus from ATW. I was talking about how I always throw cinnabun protein into my porridge and then there was a pause... some confused laughter then he realized by porridge I meant oatmeal

    It's the British influence, although the Quaker stuff is labelled oatmeal. When I think about it, porridge does sound like the Goldilocks stuff
  15. Registered User
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Beaumont, TX
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,116
    Rep Power
    9663

    It's ok - you guys say "aboot" also.

    We like you for your tar sands.
  16. Registered User
    saludable24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    649
    Rep Power
    18353

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    Uhhhh errr - no, I think the CPF was to target the exact molecule that lowers blood sugar and improves cholesterol profiles.

    I've never heard anything about toxicity with cinnamon.
    Well yes, I know what CPF does; cinnamon does the same thing, just in larger quantities. I was just under the impression that overuse could lead to toxicity, thus one of the reasons for separation.

    I looked and looked on pubmed, but could find very little about cinnamon toxicity, looks like maybe the oil could be irritative, but I must be thinking of something else I had read.

    At leaste now I know I can be much more liberal with my use of cinnamon.
  17. Registered User
    spiderduncan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    USA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    356
    Rep Power
    377

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    I think Steve is from Canada - I guess that explains it.
    Bingo! I am also Canadian.
  18. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37729

    Quote Originally Posted by saludable24 View Post
    Well yes, I know what CPF does; cinnamon does the same thing, just in larger quantities. I was just under the impression that overuse could lead to toxicity, thus one of the reasons for separation.

    I looked and looked on pubmed, but could find very little about cinnamon toxicity, looks like maybe the oil could be irritative, but I must be thinking of something else I had read.

    At leaste now I know I can be much more liberal with my use of cinnamon.
    No, no, I've read something on cinnamon and toxicity too, but what I recall was it depends on the source, like Madagascar cinnamon is ok, but inferior types are not. Something like that.
  19. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,539
    Rep Power
    77387

    I will do an attempt to solve this. Please answer this question honestly:

    Do you usually get sore?

    Reason why I am asking is that AA is released when muscle tissue is damaged. When I come to think of it.. How can you be "more sore" if you never are? Reason is simple. You probably got used to your training/routine, and you can't seem to get sore anymore.

    If you do as I say, I am willing to send you a cycle on behalf of MN for you to get a second chance at it. But you have to do as I say. I want you to try this:

    Change your intensity, evercises, AND rep range. I want you to train like there is no tomorrow. If you usually do reps in the range of 6-10, do 12 reps of each exercise, and FOCUS on tearing the muscle. No need to lift heavy weights, what we want to do is damage muscle tissue, not hurt your joints.

    Change all your exercises. Ex: If you usually to barbell bench, switch to dumbell. DO NOT LIFT TOO MUCH WEIGHT! We want full range, well executed movements. I want you to burn and tear them down.

    Le me know how it goes.
  20. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Board Sponsor
    Usf97j4x4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    653

    VPX zero carb whey actually has some cinnamon in it..
  21. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,539
    Rep Power
    77387

    Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    VPX zero carb whey actually has some cinnamon in it..
    LOL what????
  22. Registered User
    clownbaby1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  152 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    164

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    I will do an attempt to solve this. Please answer this question honestly:

    Do you usually get sore?

    Reason why I am asking is that AA is released when muscle tissue is damaged. When I come to think of it.. How can you be "more sore" if you never are? Reason is simple. You probably got used to your training/routine, and you can't seem to get sore anymore.

    If you do as I say, I am willing to send you a cycle on behalf of MN for you to get a second chance at it. But you have to do as I say. I want you to try this:

    Change your intensity, evercises, AND rep range. I want you to train like there is no tomorrow. If you usually do reps in the range of 6-10, do 12 reps of each exercise, and FOCUS on tearing the muscle. No need to lift heavy weights, what we want to do is damage muscle tissue, not hurt your joints.

    Change all your exercises. Ex: If you usually to barbell bench, switch to dumbell. DO NOT LIFT TOO MUCH WEIGHT! We want full range, well executed movements. I want you to burn and tear them down.

    Le me know how it goes.
    Wow, Jjohn that is extrememly genorous and yes i will do exactly as i say, because you know more than i do i'm sure. About 2 weeks before taking x factor i was sore after my workouts, not extremly, but sore nonetheless. I then started the cycle and was expecting severe DOMS, but none came whatsoever, not even on leg day, when i used to not be able to walk the next 2 days.My intensity has stayed the same and i was curious as to why my DOMS decreased instead of increased. I always lifted in the 6-8 rep range for most compound lifts and the 8-10 or 8-12 for most isolation. I am willing to change this to moderate weights at 8-12 for comound and 10-14 for isolation. I will throw in more sets and add in some excercises to "shock" the muscles. From now on my goal is going to be to tear the **** out of my muscles(too an extent ). Please if you have any more advice or believe there is a way i can tap into the AA stores better let me know. And thank you for all of your help.
  23. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,539
    Rep Power
    77387

    Quote Originally Posted by clownbaby1 View Post
    Wow, Jjohn that is extrememly genorous and yes i will do exactly as i say, because you know more than i do i'm sure. About 2 weeks before taking x factor i was sore after my workouts, not extremly, but sore nonetheless. I then started the cycle and was expecting severe DOMS, but none came whatsoever, not even on leg day, when i used to not be able to walk the next 2 days.My intensity has stayed the same and i was curious as to why my DOMS decreased instead of increased. I always lifted in the 6-8 rep range for most compound lifts and the 8-10 or 8-12 for most isolation. I am willing to change this to moderate weights at 8-12 for comound and 10-14 for isolation. I will throw in more sets and add in some excercises to "shock" the muscles. From now on my goal is going to be to tear the **** out of my muscles(too an extent ). Please if you have any more advice or believe there is a way i can tap into the AA stores better let me know. And thank you for all of your help.

    Great I can't wait to see how this goes!!
  24. Registered User
    clownbaby1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  152 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    164

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    Great I can't wait to see how this goes!!
    tomorrow, is an off day, but i hit legs again on thursday. What do you suggest i do? And ill keep you updated day to day to know if the DOMS are there.Im really hoping the AA already built up, but just didnt get released?
  25. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,539
    Rep Power
    77387

    Quote Originally Posted by clownbaby1 View Post
    tomorrow, is an off day, but i hit legs again on thursday. What do you suggest i do? And ill keep you updated day to day to know if the DOMS are there.Im really hoping the AA already built up, but just didnt get released?
    This is what I would think.

    How bout that?

    Squats - 3 triple drop sets
    Leg extensions - 3 triple drop sets
    Leg curls - 3 triple drop sets

    Calves - 3 sets 30 reps


    That should be a decent leg day
  26. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37729

    Nice, jjohn!
  27. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Marcus ATW's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  251 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Paoli Pa
    Age
    41
    Posts
    872
    Rep Power
    516

    Vpx


    Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    VPX zero carb whey actually has some cinnamon in it..
    VPX 0 Carb is awesome this coming from ATW rep!!
  28. Registered User
    clownbaby1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  152 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    164

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    This is what I would think.

    How bout that?

    Squats - 3 triple drop sets
    Leg extensions - 3 triple drop sets
    Leg curls - 3 triple drop sets

    Calves - 3 sets 30 reps


    That should be a decent leg day
    Thats actually very low volume for me. Im used to doing anywhere from 12-20 work sets a workout.(paired muscles, like Chest and tris).

    And when you say triple drop sets, start high and drop by 10-15 lbs each set? And do i take a rest or no?
  29. Registered User
    jjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,539
    Rep Power
    77387

    Quote Originally Posted by clownbaby1 View Post
    Thats actually very low volume for me. Im used to doing anywhere from 12-20 work sets a workout.(paired muscles, like Chest and tris).

    And when you say triple drop sets, start high and drop by 10-15 lbs each set? And do i take a rest or no?
    Well, you gotta change it so you feel pain. Whatever works. I want to prove to you that once you tearit down, it is actually quite painfull

    Triple drop set is

    do 1 set 6-10 repd
    drop 60% do til failure
    drop 60% do til failure

    That is 1 drop set.
  30. Registered User
    clownbaby1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  152 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    164

    Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    Well, you gotta change it so you feel pain. Whatever works. I want to prove to you that once you tearit down, it is actually quite painfull

    Triple drop set is

    do 1 set 6-10 repd
    drop 60% do til failure
    drop 60% do til failure

    That is 1 drop set.
    and do 3?
  •   

      
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.