The Frontal Lobe and x-factor - AnabolicMinds.com

The Frontal Lobe and x-factor

1. New Member
    Answers

The Frontal Lobe and x-factor

I have been thinking of using x-factor(expecially between cycles) and have been reading the research both good and bad trying to make up my mind. I came accross a audio radio archive on redicecreations.com/radio/nonsubscriber.php with a Dr. Lorraine Day. Anyway she is a devout vegan so I know she is a little biased, but she stated(I think about 40 minutes into the interview) that arachidonic does damaging things to the frontal lobe of the brain, and she describes how it alters your ability to make good decisions. I am hoping someone here can educate me on whether or not this is true.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Answers

That is a dangerous piece of info when taken out of context (as it was done).

NEVER TRUST A VEGAN!

I'll get PB in here to more fully discredit that poor woman. Did she bother to mention that the brain relies on AA for proper formation? I can say with confidence that if it were even remotely applicable to our situation, there would be a whole lot of f'ed up people out there regardless of supplementation.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
  3. Senior Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Aeternitatis
    That is a dangerous piece of info when taken out of context (as it was done).

NEVER TRUST A VEGAN!
    lol. Probably a very biased source as aeter pointed out
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Answers

The woman may be a doctor she is first and foremost a woman, not to mention a dirty-dirty vegan. She cannot be trusted =P

Although I won't take the time right now to listen to the interview it was likely taken out of context...a lot of these "food kills*" titles are mis-leading.

*When you eat more than you burn without any form of exercise over a peroid of 70 years
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Answers

From her website:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Day
    For those of you who are attacking me or the TRUTH I am telling, please be warned that there are SERIOUS consequences for you: you immediately will be placed on my Prayer List and I will pray for you daily! You may sneer at that, but if you do, it is only because you are poorly informed about the Power (and mechanism) of Prayer.

But I do not pray for retribution for you. God is not in the business of punishment. There is no punishment for sin - - - there are only consequences, meaning that you will reap exactly what you have sown!

"Donıt be deceived; God will not be mocked; whatever a man sows, that shall he also reap." (Galatians 6:7)

In other words, you will bring your own consequences on yourself! You will eventually receive back exactly what you have done to others, and you will receive trouble up to five times more than you have brought on others, according to Godıs laws of restitution (Exodus 22:1-4).

God says, "Vengeance is Mine. I will repay." (Romans 12:19) But Godıs vengeance - His wrath - is defined in Romans 1:18, 24,26,28 as giving man (or woman) over to his (or her) own desires, allowing them to make a mess of their life, then allowing them to reap what they have sown. God is not vindictive. He just lets you follow your own desires and reap the ultimately painful consequences.

When you make the decision to attack truth, or you attack the person who brings truth, you have "bought" your mistake. (The word for "mistake" is the same as the word for "sin" in the Old Testament. "Sin" is defined as a "mistake"). Wrapped into that mistake are the consequences of that mistake, meaning you WILL reap what you have sown.
    And it goes on and on like that. Now I got nothing against Christians (the non-crusading kind) or any other religion for that matter. But this makes me a bit worried. She is all about alternative health--which I completely support--but her writing does boarder on fanatic.

What EXACTLY did she say about AA and the frontal lobe? Can I get a link to the interview?
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
  6. Advanced Member
    Answers

i donno bout that *****, but i took x-factor early this year and went from 175 to 194... so I was kinda happy, I stacked it with xtend and rebound xt... great combo! Only problm is... i haven't gained an ounce of weight since then! I was 194 today! AHH! lol.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Answers

From her website:

And it goes on and on like that. Now I got nothing against Christians (the non-crusading kind) or any other religion for that matter. But this makes me a bit worried. She is all about alternative health--which I completely support--but her writing does boarder on fanatic.

What EXACTLY did she say about AA and the frontal lobe? Can I get a link to the interview?
    http://www.redicecreations.com/radio...RS-061119.html

I haven't listened yet but it should be interesting...
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Answers

"During our subscriber interview with Dr. Day we'll talk about the New World Order."

Hmm... interesting. I'm amazed at how people still jump and oohh-ahhh at the mention of the NWO. As if we aren't constantly in the midst of it. Funny thing is, the biggest "conspiracies" are rather obvious and open. Most people are just too ignorant and sedated in their security to take notice.

Whatever. It's a buzz word.

Thanks for the link. DL'ing now.
    Last edited by Aeternitatis; 12-11-2006 at 10:50 AM.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
  9. New Member
    Answers

Did you get to listen to the interview? It's about 39:50 into it when she starts on arachidonic acid. Excited to hear your response. Oh if you like politics check out Alan watt's interviews on rediceradio.
  10. Banned
    Answers

carrots are for rabbits warriors eat animals!!!!:burg:
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Answers

I've decided to make a few bullit-points of the interview.
    - The DJ/Interviewer says "I hope we can influence some of you non-veggies to eat less meat" at the beginning
    - Claims AIDS epidemic continues to get covered up
    - Claims cover up on cancer 'cures'
    - Makes association with vegan diets and cancer 'cure'
    - Says vegan diet not enough on own to cure
    - Has tried over 40 alternative therepies
    - Sick for 2 years, bedridden for 6 months, refused kemo, refused medication, refused hospital but survived cancer
    - Claims drugs do not cure disease, only cover up symtoms and give sides
    - Claims people were dying from cancer treatment, not cancer
    - She has "10 step plan" to get well (from cancer?)
    - Claims everyone can get well from any disease
    - Claims disease is caused by malnutrition, dehydration and stress
    - Claims Alziemers caused by dehydration
    - Claims stress is caused by dehydration
    - Hints that stress is similar/the same/caused by a constant adrenaline rush
    - Rolls off numbers about caffiene intake being too high
    - Claims sugar "leeches" vitamins, minerals and "parilizes white blood cells" for ~5 hours therefore weakening/destroying immune system
    - Claims sugar causes brain tumours, blindness, visual disturbenses, parkinsons, nurological disorders.
    - Associates Michael J Fox's 'Parkinsons' with alcohol intake and sugar intake
    - Claims Fox has 'Aspritane Poisoning' not Parkinsons
    - Calls his doctors "So called experts who are in darkness"
    - Claims humans should only drink "mothers milk"

And I've grown tired of writing down this crap. I just skipped ahead and she says "The first sign of a heart attack for many people is death!" ...Her reasoning is terrible, she sounds like someone who had a bunch of bad ideas and made a few wrong associations and just ran with it.

Her only real comments on AA-
    - Supresses frontal lobe and therefore supresses ability to make decisions
    - Rants about how eating red meats is bad in part because it is a source of AA

She is really quite stupid, I can't believe she is an authority on alternative medicine. Red meats are not a source of AA, they (and some vegetables!) are sources of omega essential fatty acids and most relevantly- linoleic acid which the body converts to AA. So, instead of giving AA a hard time perhaps we should all take a look at Omega-6 intake reletive to Omegas-3 and 9, in a healthy diet a balance must be met which won't happen if people put paticularly bad press on one group of EFAs.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Answers

Damn Z, great F'in post!
    Last edited by Aeternitatis; 12-13-2006 at 01:41 AM.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Danke...normally I wouldn't defend a non USPLabs supplement but in this case I was happy to share my opinion and make a few points as although she has a couple of good points she also seems manipulative, that is assuming she knows what she is talking about.

Could AA negatively effect the frontal lobe? I don't know, in relation to 'X-Factor' it seems unlikely that such a thing would be permanent if it were to happen- which I feel is unlikely in the first place. I'm sure if it's something a lot of people are worried about the staff at MN will help further...
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Answers

Know what I love about AM? Here, we can have a discussion about a subject as "delicate" as AA and the frontal lobe without people flipping out and trying to cause a hysteria.

The people here are so much more reasonable than at another popular site I spend my time...

You know what I think about this woman and her cancer? I think she got well through the sheer will of her mind. The ultimate application of the "placebo effect". Maybe that's more farfetched than anything she's claiming, but I have read accounts by real MDs of people having extraordinary subconcious control over their health through the placebo effect.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ziricote
    Red meats are not a source of AA, they (and some vegetables!) are sources of omega essential fatty acids and most relevantly- linoleic acid which the body converts to AA. So, instead of giving AA a hard time perhaps we should all take a look at Omega-6 intake reletive to Omegas-3 and 9, in a healthy diet a balance must be met which won't happen if people put paticularly bad press on one group of EFAs.
    Red meat does have AA in it, albeit in small amounts. Actually, two of the best sources of AA are egg yols and wild salmon.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Red meat does have AA in it, albeit in small amounts. Actually, two of the best sources of AA are egg yols and wild salmon.
    Go destroy my arguement then why don'tcha
  17. Registered User
    Answers

You know what I think about this woman and her cancer? I think she got well through the sheer will of her mind. The ultimate application of the "placebo effect". Maybe that's more farfetched than anything she's claiming, but I have read accounts by real MDs of people having extraordinary subconcious control over their health through the placebo effect.
    Rarely cancer can just go away. I think its called spontaneous apoptosis. I read up where a women had lung cancer and was given IV vitamin C and the tumours disapeared, she continued to smoke, afew years later more cancer came up, she was given vitamin C again but it didnt work the 2nd time.

Another case was someone who had slow growing testicular cancer wich had spread then when they went to do a survalience scan months later it had disapeared, the only thing diffrent this patient had to the rest the doctors had observed was that he smoked pot every day.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Answers

I read a case by a doctor who had a patient with terminal cancer spread thorughout his body. The doctor gave the patient an experiemntal drug that was thought to be a cure-all for cancer. The pateint's tumors nearly all disappeared in about a week. Then word came out that the drug proved to be useless in human trials. Suddenly, after getting word of this info, the patient's tumors returned overnight. His doctor, intrigued by the sudden changes, decided to give his patient a placebo claiming that it was also new and better cancer drug sure to work. Again, the tumors disappeared almost immediately. The patient was cancer free for months until one day doing research he read a study that a particular kind of cancer---the kind he had--was almost always fatal. The tumors once again returned and the man, having given up on life according to his doctor, died within weeks.

That story has always stuck with me. I'll see if I can dig up teh reference for you.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

While I never recieved much benefit from X-Factor, this women's claims are ludicrous. AA is found in BREAST MILK for God's sake and I don't think nature in her infinite wisdom would provide infants with a nuerotoxin during the most important phases of their development.

Although sugar is bad and increasingly linked to disease..vegans are filthy and stupid and should never be trusted to give out nutional advice
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-17-2007, 07:32 AM
  2. after the m1,4 and super one+ pics
    By realsoundjim in forum Pics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 04:27 PM
  3. What's the best M1T and MOHN supp
    By meila in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 09:32 PM