X-factor and blood pressure

1. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.66%

X-factor and blood pressure

Bill or anyone else, I noticed that on the label it says do not take if u have high blood press., I take Benicar 20 mg a day and was curious why other than legal reasons it says this. I was thinking of giving this a try...........

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.45%

I don't know this for sure, but I also have high blood pressure, and I take a lot of stuff that says don't take if you have high blood pressure, but X-Factor contains Arachidonic Acid, here is a little info that might help you make a choice.

"AA may have some harmful effects. AA is produced in the body from Linoleic Acid. It is also found in meat, eggs, and some fish. The body uses AA to produce a class of eicosanoids that are strongly pro-inflammatory, constrict our blood vessels, and increase the possibility of blood clotting. These compounds are very useful when you accidentally cut your skin while peeling potatoes - without them you would bleed to death. But once you have an excessive amount of these eicosanoids, the blood can clot in places you don't really want it to - for example, arteries
    "
    link:Essential Fatty Acid Nutrition, EFAs, Health from the Sun

So my thought is it constricts the blood vessels, that will increase blood pressure.

I"m sure someone knows more about this than me, this is just what I worry about, but I'm still thinking about giving x-factor a run.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RipdnTxs
    Bill or anyone else, I noticed that on the label it says do not take if u have high blood press., I take Benicar 20 mg a day and was curious why other than legal reasons it says this. I was thinking of giving this a try...........
    Because everyone is different. If you have an existing blood pressure issue, there's no telling for sure how X-Factor is going to affect it. But for healthy and active bodybuilders/weightlifters, XF is not likely to affect blood pressure negatively.

The choice is ultimately yours. If you're very interested in using it, you could try starting out with a lower dose (3 caps per day) and if after 2-3 weeks you have no problem with your BP, trying upping the dose to the usual 4 caps per day.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MadJimF
    I don't know this for sure, but I also have high blood pressure, and I take a lot of stuff that says don't take if you have high blood pressure, but X-Factor contains Arachidonic Acid, here is a little info that might help you make a choice.

"AA may have some harmful effects. AA is produced in the body from Linoleic Acid. It is also found in meat, eggs, and some fish. The body uses AA to produce a class of eicosanoids that are strongly pro-inflammatory, constrict our blood vessels, and increase the possibility of blood clotting. These compounds are very useful when you accidentally cut your skin while peeling potatoes - without them you would bleed to death. But once you have an excessive amount of these eicosanoids, the blood can clot in places you don't really want it to - for example, arteries
    "
    link:Essential Fatty Acid Nutrition, EFAs, Health from the Sun

So my thought is it constricts the blood vessels, that will increase blood pressure.

I"m sure someone knows more about this than me, this is just what I worry about, but I'm still thinking about giving x-factor a run.
    This info is somewhat biased and also a narrow look at how AA and inflammation works. It's a lot more complex than simply saying "consuming AA will increase inflammation". If you remember, our recent clinical stufy surprised us a bit by showing a reduction in IL-6 with the group taking X-factor. That goes directly against what the majority of websites would have you believe about AA because it shows that in very active people, AA may actually reduce systemic inflammation.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-

Similar Forum Threads

1. m1t And blood pressure
    By 1ad man in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 12:53 PM
  2. IGF-1 and Blood Pressure
    By Pax in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-16-2005, 09:19 AM
  3. superdrol and blood pressure