UFC 82 Afterthoughts.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kongo looked weak...i mean he did look like a big strong mofo but his game and aggression was just subpar. I thought he could have finished Herring on couple occasions. Herring tho, you gotta give it to him he is game. He was dissappointed it wasnt more of a slugfest. I love how he just asked Bud Light to sponsor him on a drinking tour lol.

I knew Silva would win and once they began exchanging i could already see him ending it by sub. I mean who is gonna KO Hendo anyway? Silva nuthugger right here!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First, Cecil Peoples needs to be fired. Second, I was sad for Tanner how he lost, but I hope he keeps it together. Finally, Silva is a beast; this is otherworldly dominance that is beyond even Fedor. I thought Hendo would be able to push him and eventually wear him out in the later rounds.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Herb Dean didnt piss me the fck off! for the first time! I must agree, Anderson Silva is owning.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nah, while my initial reaction was angry at Dean, the later views showed he was correct. Sakara pulled guard out of instinct but was out of it, most definitely.

I'm not sure who can beat Silva at MW, who is left?

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
Good fights last night. I'm super pissed we didn't get to see Arlovski.

It seems like nobody's gonna be a threat to Anderson for a while, maybe they need to bring in frank shamrock. He is the best fighter in the world ya know!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nah, while my initial reaction was angry at Dean, the later views showed he was correct. Sakara pulled guard out of instinct but was out of it, most definitely.

I'm not sure who can beat Silva at MW, who is left?
As a fighter, I can see why Sakara would be upset, but he took 3 shots without defending himself or trying to better his position.

As far as Andy goes, I have no idea who is a real threat; Lindland might give him some trouble and I would like to see him against Okami again, but there isn't really anyone who is a threat

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, I am glad that Coleman is coming back to the UFC, but he is about 5 years too late to have any impact. Lesnar is going to badly hurt him.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As a fighter, I can see why Sakara would be upset, but he took 3 shots without defending himself or trying to better his position.

As far as Andy goes, I have no idea who is a real threat; Lindland might give him some trouble and I would like to see him against Okami again, but there isn't really anyone who is a threat
This is utterly premature (like all of jas' ejaculations) but I think if GSP gets past Serra, and runs WW, that could be an interesting fight. I really think GSP has the skill set to be the #1 P4P fighter in the world, and he could easily be at MW.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is utterly premature (like all of jas' ejaculations) but I think if GSP gets past Serra, and runs WW, that could be an interesting fight. I really think GSP has the skill set to be the #1 P4P fighter in the world, and he could easily be at MW.
He needs to beat Serra, Fitch, and Penn before he thinks about moving up in weight.

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
Eh, I don't think Wand needs to move down; he has fought bigger opponents before and he has never been outmuscled in a fight.
Outmuscled no, but vertically challenged, yes. Most lh are 6'2 and up are they not?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Outmuscled no, but vertically challenged, yes. Most lh are 6'2 and up are they not?
Reach isn't everything. For example, Kongo had over 6 inches of reach and he didn't win. Wand needs to to re-acquire his aggression and start throwing some damn knees...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hence:

But thanks for the info Captain Buzzkill.

:)
I agree with you completely, but there are some other things to take care of first. Maybe not Penn at that point, but Serra and Fitch definitely.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with you completely, but there are some other things to take care of first. Maybe not Penn at that point, but Serra and Fitch definitely.
No, I know, that's what I meant by clearing out his division.

It was more of a fantasy allusion; if GSP were to beat all the fighters you mentioned, and Anderson continues like this, at that point it could be an interesting matchup.

Barring a self-psych-out, I think Penn is the only one who gives him honest trouble at WW. I don't think Fitch's wrestling will compete with GSP's, as, more or less, he is Matt Hughes invigorated, with some added stand up adeptness. I just don't think GSP is a good style matchup for Fitch, because GSP can do everything Fitch can do - just much better.

Penn though, that's another story (assuming he would remain that conditioned).

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
Reach isn't everything. For example, Kongo had over 6 inches of reach and he didn't win. Wand needs to to re-acquire his aggression and start throwing some damn knees...
That's true, wandy's strength and aggressive style has always been enough to neutralize reach advantage. But he didn't fight like that against chuck, and he came up short, no pun intended, well?, maybe!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's true, wandy's strength and aggressive style has always been enough to neutralize reach advantage. But he didn't fight like that against chuck, and he came up short, no pun intended, well?, maybe!
Chuck also kinda *****ed out in the third round; he fought not to lose in that one.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'm not really sold on Fitch. He just doesn't seem that great and gets dangerously close to getting subbed a lot. Expect ownage if he fights GSP.

Okami looked good and I guess storyline wise he should be Anderson's next fight. Tanner took too much time off and started back against too tough of an opponent.

Leben still eats 8 shots on the chin and then eventually connects and wins. He'll still get beat often.

Kongo developed some nice takedowns, but doesn't have the ground skills to keep him there or do much. Heath looked good but I don't really expect much from him.

Anderson's the man. He had Dan hurt bad before he locked up the sub. Couture? Fvck that, Anderson-Fedor.

I like Hazelett. He may have lost, but he's got some great skills and is only 21. He'll be exciting in the future. Nice win for Kos, but he needs to stop throwing those ridiculous haymakers.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not really sold on Fitch. He just doesn't seem that great and gets dangerously close to getting subbed a lot. Expect ownage if he fights GSP.

Okami looked good and I guess storyline wise he should be Anderson's next fight. Tanner took too much time off and started back against too tough of an opponent.

Leben still eats 8 shots on the chin and then eventually connects and wins. He'll still get beat often.

Kongo developed some nice takedowns, but doesn't have the ground skills to keep him there or do much. Heath looked good but I don't really expect much from him.

Anderson's the man. He had Dan hurt bad before he locked up the sub. Couture? Fvck that, Anderson-Fedor.

I like Hazelett. He may have lost, but he's got some great skills and is only 21. He'll be exciting in the future. Nice win for Kos, but he needs to stop throwing those ridiculous haymakers.

My sentiments exactly on Fitch; if GSP doesn't have a mental breakdown against Serra again, he would easily take that match.

Did anybody hear Fitch's comments on GSP? He said he's recently turned into a 'wrestler' because he's scared of the knockout and won't stand and trade. I think he fought Kos and Hughes the way he did to be more intelligent in the fight, he won both of those fights handily and very intelligently. Fitch said he's now going about things the 'hard way' by wrestling wrestlers. If what GSP did to Hughes and Kos was hard, I'd hate to see what easy is.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I was at a bar and didn't catch it all. I think GSP was a little afraid of Kos standup aggression at first. He seemed uncomfortable with it. He man handled Hughes though and had no reason to fear his standup so it doesn't make that much sense.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Hmm. I bet that post wasn't just to show off your av.... Where's that groin kick emoticon....

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The group I was watching the fight with were rooting for Henderson, so I was psyched when Silva cut off his blood and O2 in the upper and lower extremities.

I love how classy and respectful Silva was at the end of the fight too, bowing to and showing resepct to Henderson and his entire entourage. That's the kind of stuff that makes MMA look good.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The group I was watching the fight with were rooting for Henderson, so I was psyched when Silva cut off his blood and O2 in the upper and lower extremities.

I love how classy and respectful Silva was at the end of the fight too, bowing to and showing resepct to Henderson and his entire entourage. That's the kind of stuff that makes MMA look good.
Except for Lindland...

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Jas, I recommend actually watching the event, it's better. I actually like Woogie for the most part. He's not Anderson classy, but he's a decent guy.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
How about Machida-Anderson? I'd be interested in the striking in that one.

If Filho looks good against Chael, maybe they should give him to Anderson. I actually would love to see him get KTFO. :head:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's cool. When you do start making Vika-like dough I'll come up there to watch an event, and I'll scoop up TheMouth on my way. Thanks for the vid.
Thanks, Alex.

:(

Fvck you guys then, I'll roll with Vika myself.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
How does Baroni live with himself? Good lord.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established

Seriously, you couldn't hope for a more humble champion than Anderson Silva. All class. He deserves his wins with that attitude.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
First of all, it's scary that Silva is the best striker in the sport, and his jujitsu is easily top 10 in the UFC IMO. Secondly, the only interesting fights for Anderson out there are LIndland, GSP and Fihlo (who didn't look that great last time).

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Nasty sh*t! Remember that vajayjay he opened up on Stiebling? All I can think of when I think of Stiebling is the vajayjay and "Alex, give up, Alex, give up, give up", I miss those Pride refs.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What else would Anderson have to do before you give him Fedor-esque status Alex? He's not there now, just wondering?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Beat Fedor. No, after saturday he's damn close. They're both unreal fighters, and seem to have great personalities. I guess Anderson would have to dominate a few more really good opponents. Like moving up to 205 and beating Page and Liddell/Wand/Shogun. He has those losses in Pride that are a blemish. Also, I just love Fedor's personality, from his entrance(and song)to his calmness at all times. The guy is unbelievably humble. Anderson is close though, the guy does nothing to make me dislike him.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, to this point Fedor has defeated greater calibre opponents, IMO. That's what makes Fedor the best MMArtist to date.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Anderson kept his distance against Murray because he "feared the reaper" until he had used his pvssy leg kicks. Lee went the distance, remember that (I'm pretty sure he was injured too :twisted:)

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Anderson kept his distance against Murray because he "feared the reaper" until he had used his pvssy leg kicks. Lee went the distance, remember that (I'm pretty sure he was injured too :twisted:)
Yeah, Anderson is lucky Lee was ill, otherwise he would've felt the lightning. "Pvssy leg kicks":run:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
Blazin604 MMA 7
Apsmith4992 General Chat 19
Aleksandar37 MMA 8
bighulksmash MMA 7