BJ basically picks Serra

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
"Georges still has to get past Matt Serra though. I think if Georges can get past Matt Serra and I know I'm going to get past Sean Sherk, we could have some kind of really huge fight there. I'm talking about a fight of the century type of fight, but Matt Serra's no joke, you know?
"He already knocked Georges out once and he's better on the ground. So if Georges takes him down, I'd put Serra as the guy who has the better groundwork. So Georges is going to have to come up with a good game plan. Georges has got a great camp to do what he's got to do. I expect a great fight, and don't count out Matt Serra against anyone."

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
I guess. Champ v. Champ. I think that fight is irrelevant though personally.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'd definitely like to see Penn-GSP 2. Penn made Georges look bad for a good part of that fight. I think that Penn is the only one that has much of chance to beat GSP in a non-fluke way against a psych. healthy GSP.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess. Champ v. Champ. I think that fight is irrelevant though personally.
Irrelevant?? How?? It was a very close match the first time and it needs to happen again. Some said the same thing when hendo fought Wand again and look at how that turned out.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Irrelevant?? How?? It was a very close match the first time and it needs to happen again. Some said the same thing when hendo fought Wand again and look at how that turned out.
155 champ v. 170 champ. Makes no sense to me. All it would do is potentially boost BJ's already super high ego.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
155 champ v. 170 champ. Makes no sense to me. All it would do is potentially boost BJ's already super high ego.
Or it could be former champ looking to avenge a controversial vs current champ.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
BJ would be a champ, of his division. WTF does it matter other than to boost ego.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
I would want Penn to dominate his division for a little bit before I saw a rematch with GSP, unless of course they both lost their up coming fights.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would want Penn to dominate his division for a little bit before I saw a rematch with GSP, unless of course they both lost their up coming fights.
If BJ beats Sherk (which I think he will), then there isn't another fighter that deserves a shot at the title. The PPV draw for that fight would be huge.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
If BJ beats Sherk (which I think he will), then there isn't another fighter that deserves a shot at the title. The PPV draw for that fight would be huge.
I'm thinking pure sport here. It's worthless. If Penn wins... then GSP is a Champ with a loss during his reign and vice versa. It's lose/lose for GSP.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm thinking pure sport here. It's worthless. If Penn wins... then GSP is a Champ with a loss during his reign and vice versa. It's lose/lose for GSP.
I am pretty sure that GSP would want vindication. Plus, the extra rounds would make a huge difference.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
I am pretty sure that GSP would want vindication. Plus, the extra rounds would make a huge difference.
Think about legitamacy here. A heavier guy is letting a smaller guy challenge him. If said smaller guy does well and still loses... the news will be on the smaller guy for putting up a hell of a fight... if the smaller guy wins it is even worse for the bigger guy.... if the bigger guy wins... Oh well he should have won he is by far much larger. So the press will be all Penns no matter what happens.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Think about legitamacy here. A heavier guy is letting a smaller guy challenge him. If said smaller guy does well and still loses... the news will be on the smaller guy for putting up a hell of a fight... if the smaller guy wins it is even worse for the bigger guy.... if the bigger guy wins... Oh well he should have won he is by far much larger. So the press will be all Penns no matter what happens.
Then what would be the logical match-up for GSP other than Fitch or a rubber match with Serra?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If Penn was a stagnant LW, then I would agree; his ass, though, has bounced in almost every weight category. Not necessarily a smaller guy fighting a bigger guy.

I would personally love GSP-Penn 2. The first fight was very close.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Then what would be the logical match-up for GSP other than Fitch or a rubber match with Serra?
Karo was promised a shot. If they can get Jake Shields... Nick Thompson, Diego Sanchez.

Just not a LW.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
If Penn was a stagnant LW, then I would agree; his ass, though, has bounced in almost every weight category. Not necessarily a smaller guy fighting a bigger guy.

I would personally love GSP-Penn 2. The first fight was very close.
He packs on fat to fight at 170 and gasses as a result. It's a stupid idea.

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't think the 170 title loses any credibility if BJ fights for it. He was champ in that div before and does it really matter if he's not cutting 20lbs to make weight? But he may be looking past Sherk which isn't a very smart move. But as long as his cardio holds up I see him beating just about anyone at 170 or 155.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He packs on fat to fight at 170 and gasses as a result. It's a stupid idea.
He also never attempted to condition, and gassed as a result of that in conjunction with the fat. You speaking, generally, is a stupid idea, haha.

I think this would be a very exciting fight.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
He can't do tons of cardio when training to be at 170... he won't put on any ****ing weight,.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He can't do tons of cardio when training to be at 170... he won't put on any ****ing weight,.
I do, as can anybody. It's all about intake vs., expenditure, with some added determination and willpower. Cardio is most advantageous during a bulk to keep cholesterol levels and blood pressure in check, which invariably rise with weight gain.

I would say not only is it easy to do cardio while bulking, it's necessary. Fundamentals bruv.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
ALthough I think BJ would dominate the division, I don't like the champs at each weight jumping around until they have cleaned out their division, at least somewhat.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's true. However, with the stable being as it is, who is left after Fitch? Speaking about legitimate, PPV-draw contenders.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
I do, as can anybody. It's all about intake vs., expenditure, with some added determination and willpower. Cardio is most advantageous during a bulk to keep cholesterol levels and blood pressure in check, which invariably rise with weight gain.

I would say not only is it easy to do cardio while bulking, it's necessary. Fundamentals bruv.
Hes going up to 170 for ONE FIGHT, why would he add permanent bulk to himself?

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
That's true. However, with the stable being as it is, who is left after Fitch? Speaking about legitimate, PPV-draw contenders.
They could hype up Karo I'm sure, but it's more BJ that needs to dominate his division. Not that I think there are a great deal of contenders, but I'd like to see him fight Edgar, and at least one of Tavares, Florian or Griffin before a match at 170.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hes going up to 170 for ONE FIGHT, why would he add permanent bulk to himself?
Dude, wtf are you talking about? I am saying that mass is easy to gain WHILE staying conditioned. You don't workout much, do you?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are missing my point.
No, I understand it, though I am not sure the same can be said for you.

Your point:

BJ must gain a ton (pun intended) of fat in order to fight at WW; this causes his condition to degenerate severely. You then feel BJ cannot do cardio and gain weight at the same time.

My point:

BJ's lack of conditioning is just that - a lack of conditioning. He openly admitted in the past to focus very little on cardiovascular training. His high BF% in fights then, in my opinion, is a symptom, not the impetus for his poor conditioning.

So, what I am saying to you, is that it is entirely possible to gain quality mass while staying conditioned. You are then saying that this must be permanent mass, which is ridiculous, because no mass is permanent. Cool?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Penn will give GSP the most competitive fight, IMO, but I haven't been training BJJ for 6 months, so maybe Ubiquitous could tell us how it should go.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
No, I understand it, though I am not sure the same can be said for you.

Your point:

BJ must gain a ton (pun intended) of fat in order to fight at WW; this causes his condition to degenerate severely. You then feel BJ cannot do cardio and gain weight at the same time.

My point:

BJ's lack of conditioning is just that - a lack of conditioning. He openly admitted in the past to focus very little on cardiovascular training. His high BF% in fights then, in my opinion, is a symptom, not the impetus for his poor conditioning.

So, what I am saying to you, is that it is entirely possible to gain quality mass while staying conditioned. You are then saying that this must be permanent mass, which is ridiculous, because no mass is permanent. Cool?
So you are saying BJ looked NOT conditioned in his fight with Joe Daddy?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you are saying BJ looked NOT conditioned in his fight with Joe Daddy?
Jesus, what is wrong with you Mouth?

I said he DID look conditioned in that fight; my point, is that with enough due diligence he can look like that at WW.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Penn made GSP look pretty average for 3 rounds, no one else can say the same. That was before he buckled down on his training, with the extra focus on conditioning I think Penn beats GSP. Guaranteed it would be a hell of a fight, and no current WW can give GSP more trouble than Penn. Why shouldn't they fight again?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd slap my mama to see that fight (I wouldn't really), but a GSP vs Penn 2 would be amazing.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
somebody needs to throw a dropkick on this thread like it was Butterbean.

*droppeth the ubi bomb*

I'm thinking "Let's Get Physical" by Olivia Newton John is the best walk out music ever.... close second? "Crazy on you" by Heart. :D

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know nothing of training. Clearly... as I know nothing of MMA.
You obviously don't, and that's not a cut-down. If you think you cannot gain mass and stay lean, then you haven't trained enough.

That doesn't mean you know nothing of MMA, but clearly you are out of your league when it comes to training/diet.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Mullet,

Please change your av, I'm sick and tired of looking at your crotch and peg legs.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
somebody needs to throw a dropkick on this thread like it was Butterbean.

*droppeth the ubi bomb*

I'm thinking "Let's Get Physical" by Olivia Newton John is the best walk out music ever.... close second? "Crazy on you" by Heart. :D
Even better

The best part is that some guy came out to this at one of Sal Soliz' shows and was pinching his nipples on the way to the cage. He proceeded to beat the hell out of his opponent and hasn't fought since.

SrT4u2Nv

SrT4u2Nv

Awards
its time once again for bj penn's ego to destroy him... hopefullly this time he'll retire once Sherk wins. and neither could touch Serra or GSP so it doesnt matter. BJ will gas bc thats all he is...

Hot Air!

Id accept Bj's offer to fight and im a LHW only training in mma for a few yrs. Now id pay to see that! lol jk

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mullet,

Please change your av, I'm sick and tired of looking at your crotch and peg legs.
When you post a picture of yours, I will. I noticed you ignored that post about the BB'ing contest.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
When you post a picture of yours, I will. I noticed you ignored that post about the BB'ing contest.
I haven't been able to walk for 6 weeks, so my legs are atrophied, especially the broken one. I'm down for the BB contest, what do you have in mind? Lets get Mouth in on it as well. I'm gonna need a little time, cause I haven't really worked out in quite awhile. I weighed myself yesterday, 207, that's 25 pounds I've lost in 6 weeks. It's almost over now and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't been able to walk for 6 weeks, so my legs are atrophied, especially the broken one. I'm down for the BB contest, what do you have in mind? Lets get Mouth in on it as well. I'm gonna need a little time, cause I haven't really worked out in quite awhile. I weighed myself yesterday, 207, that's 25 pounds I've lost in 6 weeks. It's almost over now and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
:rofl:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
its time once again for bj penn's ego to destroy him... hopefullly this time he'll retire once Sherk wins. and neither could touch Serra or GSP so it doesnt matter. BJ will gas bc thats all he is...

Hot Air!

Id accept Bj's offer to fight and im a LHW only training in mma for a few yrs. Now id pay to see that! lol jk
Try making sense next time you post in here.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, it would depend how long you feel you can be back at par. I have been back in the gym for a week, and have gained back about 5lbs. I will need 1-2 more to be back to par. I stay constant at around 8-9%, so the conditioning isn't an issue.

Just pick 5-6 standard poses, try and sync up our lighting so there is not too much of an advantage there, and get somebody to judge. Keep it low key. I figured it would be good motivation for us to get back to 100%.

We'd have to make a different category for Mouth though. LW for me, MW for you (by the time you cut?), Slovenly for Mouth.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
You guys are having a BB contest? :D

Rodja, nice... nice... YOu definitely HAVE to win after coming out to any of those.