UFC Fantasy Picks League

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Same style as the secondary league. Season starts with this card.

Good Luck.

Date: Jan. 19
Venue: Metro Radio Arena
Broadcast: Pay-Per-View

MAIN CARD

B.J. Penn vs. Joe Stevenson (for vacant lightweight title)

Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Fabricio Werdum

Marcus Davis vs. Jess Liaudin

Jason Lambert vs. Wilson Gouveia

Kendall Grove vs. Jorge Rivera

PRELIMINARY CARD

Antoni Hardonk vs. Colin Robinson

Paul Kelly vs. Paul Taylor

James Lee vs. Alessio Sakara

Per Eklund vs. Sam Stout

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
You have till Saturday 8AM to post picks. Because of the time difference.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you going to tally the points?

We usually just run a contest with a certain amount of points assigned for picking winner, type, and in the main event the time. The winner is then repped by all who participate. We let PistonPump run the contest last time and he flaked.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Are you going to tally the points?

We usually just run a contest with a certain amount of points assigned for picking winner, type, and in the main event the time. The winner is then repped by all who participate. We let PistonPump run the contest last time and he flaked.
I dont flake.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
By the way you said that, it's like this is an 80's movie and I have just asked you to avenge my slain brother where no other cops could. So you said:

"I don't flake"

With some steely look. Anyways, just thought that was pretty funny.

Pick your winners for this Saturday's UFC 67 by 9pm Saturday.

2 points for each winner in all the fights, and one point for the method of win in the scheduled televised ones. The methods are KO(Which includes TKO), Submission and Decision. The method of win will be the official one from the UFC.

I'll post the winner(s) on Monday, and all who participated should rep and congratulate them.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
My scoring is different.

3 points for having correct winner.

1 point for round being correct

1 point for picking the right way of victory.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's awesome, and if you were a one-man MMA forum, I'm sure we'd all roll with your method. That isn't the case though. So, not to turn this into some juvenile pissing contest over ridiculous fantasy picks, but it's:

2 points correct
1 point method
1 point tiebreak by picking time in the headliner.

If you don't like it, **** off.

:)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And the season started 13 events ago.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
If you expect me to keep score and etc. We play by my rules or we dont play.

If you wanna play by RogueDrone's rules you can get him to do it.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's the point, I don't expect you to keep scores, and rules, etc., because nobody asked you to run this.

Instead of looking down the MMA forum and seeing we've done this for the past 13 events, you started your own and then decided to be a big, wet, flapping douchebag about it.

And better put buddy, you play by our rules or you don't play.

Now, you can play nice or run your own little contest in which you'll be the only person participating.

I like these contests and how we've always run them, and this one isn't getting ****ed up.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Thats odd. I don't see a thread anywhere near the top for anything like this. So how about you bump it and quit being such a ***** about it.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
On a side note.. my ****s not a 1 event deal. Its multiple events over a 4 month span where I ****ing buy the winner a prize douchemouth.

Mine is a bit more involved.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
No need for name calling mouth. Mullet is pointing out that we do do this sort of thing already (we rep the winner of each event). I realize you are trying to do something different, and even though I do kinda of like your scoring system better, we traditonally do it the other and it kind of feels like you are coming in and trying take things over. If you wanted to run a pool, that's your right, I'm sure you'd get people competeting in it.

I must say, I'd prefer if we only had 1 thread for each event.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
No need for name calling mouth. Mullet is pointing out that we do do this sort of thing already (we rep the winner of each event). I realize you are trying to do something different, and even though I do kinda of like your scoring system better, we traditonally do it the other and it kind of feels like you are coming in and trying take things over. If you wanted to run a pool, that's your right, I'm sure you'd get people competeting in it.

I must say, I'd prefer if we only had 1 thread for each event.
This thread goes for the entire season with point totals accruing after each event. On April 19th a winner is announced and they win something from me.

PS -- I didn't start the name calling.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're going to cry, here, I'll do it for you:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/mma/80616-ufc-79-nemesis.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/mma/79307-ufc-78-picks.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/mma/77174-ufc-77-contest.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/mma/75531-ufc-76-picks.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/mma/74438-ufc-75-picks.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/mma/73743-ufc-74-picks.html

I think you get the point. I think your way is decent, and probably would have been down with it if you came in and said:

Hey, I see you guys have been doing this for about a year already, I have sort of a different way to do it.
But instead, you arrogantly came in and said:

This is my way, this is how we'll do it, **** your rules, it's mine or nothing
Which is why I rightfully called you a big, wet, flapping douchebag.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
LOL. Or you could have asked me some questions about it rather than come at me guns blazing shooting your mouth off.

Obviously this is a much different setup. After I know how many are participating I will announce what the prize is or how much its worth.

You have till 8 am Saturday.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, you seem pretty childish so I'm going to make one more post about this, before I ruin my own image by constantly bantering with you.

You didn't do any work to see if the forum which you are new to has done anything such as what you are proposing. Instead, you arrogantly assumed that I and every other member would take your rules. I was merely pointing out, pretty politely in the first post I might add, we have already done this. I also pointed out why we like to keep it in house, because PP didn't follow through on the last one.

You then answered my question in some 'Arnie-From-Predator-esque' one-sentence cheese-line, to which I made a joke. To that, assuming you wanted to participate in the long-running tradition of this forum, I showed you the current rules. To which, like a ****, you replied:

It's my rules or nothing
If you want to participate with us, that's fine. If you want to be an annoying **** like you have been since you came here, that is fine too.

Though, maybe I shouldn't piss you off, because you'll get Houston Alexander, Karo Parisyan, George St. Pierre, Fedor, Joe Stevenson, Captain Kirk, and every other person who has ever thrown a punch that you claim to know after me.

Stop being such a douchebag and play like a good boy. Kay kay? Kay kay. Group hugs.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
You haven't done what I am proposing. Clearly.

The rules thing was more of a sarcastic deal. But apparently you are butthurt. This is a different league seperate from whatever it is you have been doing for however long you've been doing it.

As for knowing who I say I do... It really doesn't matter to me what you think.

It's not a matter of participating with YOU as you put it, but more of whether or not people are going to take advantage of my proposal.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
If you guys are on cycle, it's time to ease up and breathe. Let's have fun with this. I like the idea of a season winner over the next four months, and if someone wants to offer a prize, I certainly won't complain.

:cheers:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I have an excruciating headache right now, so I'll reply to all this later. Mullet, you made me laugh.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey man, if people like your way so be it. This wasn't 'my way' in the first place, just the way we have always done it.

But who is to say you're going to stick around and follow through on it? You've been here for 3 weeks posting quite a bit, but you might leave in another 3 weeks for all we know. In that case, you wasted all of our time, plus probably pissed somebody off who thought they were going to get a prize out of it.

My point was just that I like to see people who have been here awhile run the contests, as I know they will follow through and so everybody's participation had a point.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Hey man, if people like your way so be it. This wasn't 'my way' in the first place, just the way we have always done it.

But who is to say you're going to stick around and follow through on it? You've been here for 3 weeks posting quite a bit, but you might leave in another 3 weeks for all we know. In that case, you wasted all of our time, plus probably pissed somebody off who thought they were going to get a prize out of it.

My point was just that I like to see people who have been here awhile run the contests, as I know they will follow through and so everybody's participation had a point.
Right. I don't care how we do it, either way is fine. You have some reasonable concerns, Mouth might disappear, especially after I destroy him in this thread:twisted:;)

Mouth, you seem to have a lot to offer the MMA forum, which is great. You've come off a little strong, like a dictator of some sort, but that's ok. You may have assumed that this is just a little run of the mill uneducated MMA forum. Quite the opposite, most of us are pretty smart guys that have been into the sport for quite some time. Give respect, get respect, you know. What would this prize be anyways, and why didn't you mention it when you started the thread. Seems a little strange that you only mentioned it once Mullet started verbal fisticuffs with you.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shizit, my search function is broken. Sorry.

Yeah, if you're going to do it Mouth, do it reasonably. This isn't some dictatorship, nor is it a life and death matter (says the dude who called somebody a big, wet, flapping douchebag over it). If you're going to offer a prize, we'll play your way, but don't start barking orders about it.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
The prize? You get to meet the Dentist. :head:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know! I ****ing suck at these things, I'm picking all faves from now on, with a few UD to spice it up.

I only participate in these things for the drunken banter after anyway. People's real-life girls get brought into it, RD goes off on drunken rampages, it's awesome.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
The prize? You get to meet the Dentist. :head:
Neer is a decent fighter, strikes me as the type of guy that might be a serial killer if he wasn't a fighter. I mean that in a good way, DaMouth.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I know! I ****ing suck at these things, I'm picking all faves from now on, with a few UD to spice it up.

I only participate in these things for the drunken banter after anyway. People's real-life girls get brought into it, RD goes off on drunken rampages, it's awesome.
What do you know? Did you not get Jas' lol? RD's been really disappointing lately. I have a root canal coming up(more confusion to Jas' Neer/Dentist joke) and I'll get some vicodin's, and send em to Wilford. A one week supply should be enough to get Rogue going for an hour or so.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Savage and RD have moved onto greener Ivey's, where people hang their jerseys on Giant clotheslines, and where Banners reign supreme.

Obscure joke for RD.

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
If you guys are on cycle, it's time to ease up and breathe. Let's have fun with this. I like the idea of a season winner over the next four months, and if someone wants to offer a prize, I certainly won't complain.

:cheers:
i agree with you beowulf

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I think Savage and RD have moved onto greener Ivey's, where people hang their jerseys on Giant clotheslines, and where Banners reign supreme.

Obscure joke for RD.
Nice. :box: I got nothing today boys, too tired and stressed, so I'm :type: You two can fight it out for the interim title.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
I respond to all of these as quick as I can.

I come off that way because I'm a sarcastic ass in real life. My humor is dry as hell. I don't mean to be offensive but my verbage sometimes does that on its own.

Neer is about as dumb as they come in real life. That's why his interviews suck. -- Quick story to illustrate... We were at hooters one night and the bill came to the table... we were all gathering money/cards and we asked Josh if he was paying cash or credit. His face went blank for about 10 seconds and the he said... "I dunno man.... but I got my De-Butt (Spelled like this cause that's how he said it) card, can I pay for it with that?"

Probably funnier for me cause I know the guy.... What he lacks in book smarts he has in fight knowledge... Jeremy Stephens is one of his students if that says anything. So is John Halverson who is fighting Gurgel in Cincy.

Totally off topic.... Joe Jordan told me hes weighing 206 right now. Yes the same Joe Jordan who fought Hermes Franca in the UFC and took the Dentist to a draw at 170. (Josh was still drunk during that fight too.... we were all at a strip joint the night before till 4AM. One we got kicked out of.) Not to take anything away from Joe though.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
PS -- I'm not going anywhere. I have a desk job... (I manage the Chicago branch of Monster.com)

terminator

terminator

Awards
MAIN CARD

B.J. Penn /2/ Submission/Tapout

Gabriel Gonzaga /2/ KO/TKO

Marcus Davis /1/ KO/TKO

Jason Lambert /2/ Submission/Tapout

Kendall Grove /2/ Submision/Tapout

PRELIMINARY CARD

Antoni Hardonk /3/ Submission/Tapout

Paul Taylor /Judges Decision/ Unanimous Decision

Alessio Sakara /2/ Submission/Tapout

Sam Stout /1/ KO/TKO

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Mullet got sand in his vagina some how. :rasp:
I nominate "Big wet flapping douche" for the best new insult of the year.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, well PP just ****ed it up last night time and I was just looking out.

If TheMouth is going to do it, grrrrreat.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Haha, well PP just ****ed it up last night time and I was just looking out.

If TheMouth is going to do it, grrrrreat.
What did he fvck up last night, sounds kinda weird.

Mouth, sorry for attacking you, now can we get a better prize:blink: Seriously though, what's the prize. Maybe we can all put some money together and winner take all. Or 10 of us put 20 bucks in each, winner gets 150, second gets 50, something like that?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, my typing skills are going downhill it seems.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Seeing that this board is Nutra Planet based... I'm thinking a gift card type deal maybe. Depending on how many participate would alter what the end deal is.

We can keep doing rep after each event if you want to.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
MAIN CARD

B.J. Penn vs. Joe Stevenson (for vacant lightweight title) ---------------- Stevenson/4/Submission

Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Fabricio Werdum ---------------- Gonzaga/2/TKO/KO

Marcus Davis vs. Jess Liaudin ----------------- Davis/1/TKO-KO

Jason Lambert vs. Wilson Gouveia ---------------- Gouveia/2/Submission

Kendall Grove vs. Jorge Rivera ---------------- Grove/3/Decision

PRELIMINARY CARD

Antoni Hardonk vs. Colin Robinson ---------------- Hardonk/3/Decision

Paul Kelly vs. Paul Taylor ----------------- Taylor/1/Submission

James Lee vs. Alessio Sakara ----------- Sakara/2/TKO-KO

Per Eklund vs. Sam Stout ------------- Stout/1/TKO-KO

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
B.J. Penn vs. Joe Stevenson -Penn/2/TKO

Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Fabricio Werdum -Werdum/3/Sub

Marcus Davis vs. Jess Liaudin -Davis/2/TKO

Jason Lambert vs. Wilson Gouveia -Lambert/2/TKO

Kendall Grove vs. Jorge Rivera -Grove/Dec

PRELIMINARY CARD

Antoni Hardonk vs. Colin Robinson -Robinson/1/TKO

Paul Kelly vs. Paul Taylor -Kelly/2/Submission

James Lee vs. Alessio Sakara -Sakara/3/TKO

Per Eklund vs. Sam Stout -Stout/Decision

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, yeah I just noticed that as well.

I went with Werdum hoping that lightning will strike twice, that's probably a bad pick, but I wanted an upset pick on there. Davis/Liaudin I picked because a fair amount of Davis' losses have come from TKO or stoppages in that round. I just like Stout. He fought in Canadian TKO events all the time.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Stout and Fisher's battles will go down in history in my books.

This card is solid. Wish people thought the same.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the undercard is better than the main event though. I think those are going to be great style matchups.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Honestly... I dont care about Werdum v. Gonzaga.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
B.J. Penn vs. Joe Stevenson (for vacant lightweight title)--Penn by TKO Rd. 2

Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Fabricio Werdum--Gonzaga by TKO Rd. 3

Marcus Davis vs. Jess Liaudin--Davis by TKO Rd. 1

Jason Lambert vs. Wilson Gouveia--Lambert by Dec.

Kendall Grove vs. Jorge Rivera--Grove by KO Rd. 2 (I think Rivera is punch drunk)

PRELIMINARY CARD

Antoni Hardonk vs. Colin Robinson--Robinson by Sub Rd. 2

Paul Kelly vs. Paul Taylor--Taylor by decision in a grueling war

James Lee vs. Alessio Sakara--Sakara by TKO Rd. 2 (I think I'll be wrong here)

Per Eklund vs. Sam Stout--Stout by TKO Rd. 2

Last edited:
jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
B.J. Penn vs. Joe Stevenson (for vacant lightweight title)--Penn by sub Rd. 2

Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Fabricio Werdum--Gonzaga by KO Rd. 2

Marcus Davis vs. Jess Liaudin--Davis by TKO Rd. 2

Jason Lambert vs. Wilson Gouveia--Lambert by Dec.

Kendall Grove vs. Jorge Rivera--Grove by KO round 1

PRELIMINARY CARD

Antoni Hardonk vs. Colin Robinson--Hardonk by KO round 2

Paul Kelly vs. Paul Taylor--Taylor by decision

James Lee vs. Alessio Sakara--Lee by sub round 2

Per Eklund vs. Sam Stout--Stout by TKO Rd. 3