Sherk v. Winner of Penn/Stevenson - AnabolicMinds.com

Sherk v. Winner of Penn/Stevenson

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Advanced Member

Sherk v. Winner of Penn/Stevenson

Could happen in Canada also.

Visit mmajunkie.com for the link to the article.

2. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMouth View Post
    Could happen in Canada also.

Visit mmajunkie.com for the link to the article.
    I dont think he should maybe like florian or something
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think Sherk deserves it. However, to me an inshape Penn beats him. However, if BJ screws up his training, as he has done numerous times, then Sherk grinds out a boring 5 rd decision
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Usually an injury is the only thing that prevents Penn from winning. He's top MMA in my eyes.
  5. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordeen View Post
    Usually an injury is the only thing that prevents Penn from winning. He's top MMA in my eyes.
    I agree he's one of the top, but he's also known for not always showing up in the best shape.
  6. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by awmcdon View Post
    I agree he's one of the top, but he's also known for not always showing up in the best shape.

That was be4 he got his hutritionist and cardio coach, as shown for the jens fight, BJ PENN at 155 in shape is unstopable handsdown
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by vika808 View Post
    That was be4 he got his hutritionist and cardio coach, as shown for the jens fight, BJ PENN at 155 in shape is unstopable handsdown
    That fight was over at the beginning of the second round. I won't believe it until I see him go 5 rounds with Sherk, hell even 4. And yes I know Sherk may not make it 5 rounds but if he does BJ will be gased.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I do think BJ is tops at 155 if in shape. That is such a huge if however.
  9. Advanced Member

LOL @ Penn being tops anything. He is 2-3 in his last 5 fights, only pulling wins over Renzo Gracie and Jens Pulver. That doesn't say a mother-****ing thing. Hes the most over hyped, over rated fighter in MMA right now.
  10. Banned

LOL @ Penn being tops anything. He is 2-3 in his last 5 fights, only pulling wins over Renzo Gracie and Jens Pulver. That doesn't say a mother-****ing thing. Hes the most over hyped, over rated fighter in MMA right now.
    I completely agree. BJ has all the talent in the world, but what ruins it is his lazy pompous attitude.

People really need to get off Penn's nuts and realize this guy is notorious for gassing in fights and doesnt live up to his ability. And he is 10 times the **** talking prick that Hughes is but he catches none of the flak Hughes does.`
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    I completely agree. BJ has all the talent in the world, but what ruins it is his lazy pompous attitude.

People really need to get off Penn's nuts and realize this guy is notorious for gassing in fights and doesnt live up to his ability. And he is 10 times the **** talking prick that Hughes is but he catches none of the flak Hughes does.`
    I dont disagree, on sheer talent alone he maybe one of the top 2-3 fighters in the world. However, he will not beat Sherk without coming in in top condition.

In terms of the talking prick like Hughes, I dont necessarily agree with that. Hughes is in a class with few others.
  12. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I dont disagree, on sheer talent alone he maybe one of the top 2-3 fighters in the world. However, he will not beat Sherk without coming in in top condition.

In terms of the talking prick like Hughes, I dont necessarily agree with that. Hughes is in a class with few others.
    LOL. Top 2-3 in the world that can't win a fight, was dominated 3 of his last 5 fights and scored a win over a old Renzo and a 145 lb Jens.

You are delusional, just like the rest of the MMA world. When he loses to Joe Daddy, then what will you say ?
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

LOL. Top 2-3 in the world that can't win a fight, was dominated 3 of his last 5 fights and scored a win over a old Renzo and a 145 lb Jens.

You are delusional, just like the rest of the MMA world. When he loses to Joe Daddy, then what will you say ?
    let me say this "ole' knowledgeable forseerer of the mma future" I dont see any way Joe Daddy wins, and I consider myself a fan of Daddy. However, if you look at his fights, BJ was winning till gassing which goes along with the point I was making earlier. Note to self, read posts in their entirety
  14. Advanced Member

let me say this "ole' knowledgeable forseerer of the mma future" I dont see any way Joe Daddy wins, and I consider myself a fan of Daddy. However, if you look at his fights, BJ was winning till gassing which goes along with the point I was making earlier. Note to self, read posts in their entirety
    Joe Daddy is big enough to be a 170er. He is as big as Hughes when bulked. He will toss BJ around and has enough BJJ knowledge to stuff anything thrown at him. BJ will get dominated.
  15. Advanced Member

And... if he is top 2-3 fighters in the world... that putes Hughes, GSP and Royoto Machida above him... since he lost to all 3 in the last 3 years.
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

He was Dominated? BWAHAHAHA. Yes he lost those fights fair and square, but the GSP fight was very close and all GSP did was hold him down for a round and a half while BJ was picking him apart in the first round. I love Hughes, but he was getting absolutely owned by Penn for the first 2 rounds and something was clearly wrong with BJ in the third. The Machida fight was at HW or LHW (can't remember). It was a pretty boring fight and I believe I stopped watching it after 2 rounds because nothing was happening.

BJ will make Daddy look bad.
  17. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    He was Dominated? BWAHAHAHA. Yes he lost those fights fair and square, but the GSP fight was very close and all GSP did was hold him down for a round and a half while BJ was picking him apart in the first round. I love Hughes, but he was getting absolutely owned by Penn for the first 2 rounds and something was clearly wrong with BJ in the third. The Machida fight was at HW or LHW (can't remember). It was a pretty boring fight and I believe I stopped watching it after 2 rounds because nothing was happening.

BJ will make Daddy look bad.
    I forgot you can win a fight by winning 4 rounds and getting KO'd in the 5th. Almost doesn't count. BJ Was battered by GSP and was a mess after the fight.

In the Hughes fight, he won 2 rounds and gassed so horribly in the 3rd he was crucifixed by Hughes and absolutely destroyed.

The Machida fight was at Light Heavyweight, BJ made weight and in true Machida fashion was picked apart for 3 rounds.
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

My point was that the word "dominated" was not appropriate at all. Dominated means you were winning easily almost the entire fight until it ended, and GSP was in much worse shape after that fight.

BJ is mentally weak, but his talent is startling.
  19. Advanced Member

My point was that the word "dominated" was not appropriate at all. Dominated means you were winning easily almost the entire fight until it ended, and GSP was in much worse shape after that fight.

BJ is mentally weak, but his talent is startling.
    Talent gets you no where =)

I say dominated because they were all finished as such.
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I agree here that talent not applied is a shame. There are a number of talented dudes without the mental glue to hold it together: Randleman, Ricco, Guillard, ...
  21. Advanced Member

I agree here that talent not applied is a shame. There are a number of talented dudes without the mental glue to hold it together: Randleman, Ricco, Guillard, ...
    Mir and Tank Abbott.
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

You really think Stevenson is going to beat Penn??? I suppose anythings possible, but I'm definitely rooting for Penn.
    NSCA - CSCS
  23. Advanced Member

He has the skill set to do it.
  24. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    You really think Stevenson is going to beat Penn??? I suppose anythings possible, but I'm definitely rooting for Penn.
    I find it impossible to root for a lazy, pompous **** talking prick that talks about himself in the third person and doesnt train hard enough to use his god given talents.
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I find it impossible to root for a lazy, pompous **** talking prick that talks about himself in the third person and doesnt train hard enough to use his god given talents.
    I can't argue with you there, he is lazy....
    NSCA - CSCS
  26. Advanced Member

STILL BJ IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST @ 155

O AND HUGHES WILL BE HANDS DOWN THE BIGGEST PRICK IN UFC HISTORY.

27. Advanced Member

Change This Thread To The Bashing Of Bj Penn!!!!

Haters!!!!!

Lets See Yall Get Off Your Asses And Train 3 Hours A Night On Bjj, Striking, Wresteling, Cardio, Weights Ever Night 6nihgts A Week And Lets See If You Will Be Lazy.

Or Better Yet Tell Him To His Face That He Is Lazy
  28. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by vika808 View Post
    Change This Thread To The Bashing Of Bj Penn!!!!

Haters!!!!!

Lets See Yall Get Off Your Asses And Train 3 Hours A Night On Bjj, Striking, Wresteling, Cardio, Weights Ever Night 6nihgts A Week And Lets See If You Will Be Lazy.

Or Better Yet Tell Him To His Face That He Is Lazy
    I like BJ a lot, but saying "say it to his face" makes you look so friggin stupid.
  29. Elite Member

I don't know who talks more sh*t, but I do know that Penn's cockiness is nothing compared to Hughes' pompousness. I mean are you kidding me, Hughes has the worst 24/7 "I'm a prick" smirk on his face.
  30. Elite Member

And... if he is top 2-3 fighters in the world... that putes Hughes, GSP and Royoto Machida above him... since he lost to all 3 in the last 3 years.
    I really don't know where to begin with you. B.J. is now fighting at 155, Ryoto is one of the better 205ers, ok, we're done with that I hope. GSP is the best 170er in the world, BJ fought to basically a draw with him and busted his ass up in the process. He finished Hughes quickly the first fight and was making him look bad in the second fight until injuring his rib/gassing. Whose the delusional one again? GTFO.
  31. Advanced Member

THANK YOU!!! point made

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    I really don't know where to begin with you. B.J. is now fighting at 155, Ryoto is one of the better 205ers, ok, we're done with that I hope. GSP is the best 170er in the world, BJ fought to basically a draw with him and busted his ass up in the process. He finished Hughes quickly the first fight and was making him look bad in the second fight until injuring his rib/gassing. Whose the delusional one again? GTFO.
  32. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Joe Daddy is big enough to be a 170er. He is as big as Hughes when bulked. He will toss BJ around and has enough BJJ knowledge to stuff anything thrown at him. BJ will get dominated.
    we saw him do real well with a mediocre Josh Neer at 170lbs
  33. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Hew is top 2-3 in the world P4P. He fought machida at 205 which is 50lbs more than his natural weight. Regarding GSP, that was a close decision and many thought it could go either way, and if I recall he did get hurt against Hughes. Besides the fact that he is not the best at 170, nor would most
    155lbers be.
  34. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I forgot you can win a fight by winning 4 rounds and getting KO'd in the 5th. Almost doesn't count. BJ Was battered by GSP and was a mess after the fight.
    you obviously didnt watch ther fight. Go back and actually watch it, GSP ended up in the hospital and Penn ended up drunk in some bar. If looks decided fights, BJ won that night
  35. Advanced Member

LOL. Josh Neer and I have been friends since he was 16, watch your mouth!!! =P

I'm over exaggerating on a lot of what I say about Penn. But he is over rated, he might beat Joe Daddy, but I doubt it.
  36. Advanced Member

He will down right smash joe.......
  37. Advanced Member

i watched that over and over again

you obviously didnt watch ther fight. Go back and actually watch it, GSP ended up in the hospital and Penn ended up drunk in some bar. If looks decided fights, BJ won that night
  38. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    And he was tooling Hughes before he gassed, the 2nd best WW in the world IMO.

There is no doubt Penn is world class, but he is not being impressive lately due to has lack of fighting and lack of cardio during the Hughes fight. His loss to GSP looks impressive now seeing how good GSP is, beating Trigg, Hughes and Edit: (Sherk, it was BJ that fought pulver) so badly
  39. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

And he was tooling Hughes before he gassed, the 2nd best WW in the world IMO.

There is no doubt Penn is world class, but he is not being impressive lately due to has lack of fighting and lack of cardio during the Hughes fight. His loss to GSP looks impressive now seeing how good GSP is, beating Trigg, Hughes and Pulver so badly.
    I have to agree here. He is world class, but he needs to be motivated. My feeling is when motivated and in shape at 155 he should beat anyone at that weight
  40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

LOL. Josh Neer and I have been friends since he was 16, watch your mouth!!! =P

I'm over exaggerating on a lot of what I say about Penn. But he is over rated, he might beat Joe Daddy, but I doubt it.
    understood, joe had neer early but as he said in the post fight interview he shot is load on the knee bar and wasnt the same after that

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-04-2009, 02:14 PM
  2. Full Arsenal To Winner Of This Contest Plus More!!!!
    By pistonpump in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 07:23 AM