Sherk v. Winner of Penn/Stevenson

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Could happen in Canada also.

Visit mmajunkie.com for the link to the article.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Sherk deserves it. However, to me an inshape Penn beats him. However, if BJ screws up his training, as he has done numerous times, then Sherk grinds out a boring 5 rd decision

C

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Usually an injury is the only thing that prevents Penn from winning. He's top MMA in my eyes.

A

awmcdon

Awards
Usually an injury is the only thing that prevents Penn from winning. He's top MMA in my eyes.
I agree he's one of the top, but he's also known for not always showing up in the best shape.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
I agree he's one of the top, but he's also known for not always showing up in the best shape.

That was be4 he got his hutritionist and cardio coach, as shown for the jens fight, BJ PENN at 155 in shape is unstopable handsdown

A

awmcdon

Awards
That was be4 he got his hutritionist and cardio coach, as shown for the jens fight, BJ PENN at 155 in shape is unstopable handsdown
That fight was over at the beginning of the second round. I won't believe it until I see him go 5 rounds with Sherk, hell even 4. And yes I know Sherk may not make it 5 rounds but if he does BJ will be gased.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do think BJ is tops at 155 if in shape. That is such a huge if however.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
LOL @ Penn being tops anything. He is 2-3 in his last 5 fights, only pulling wins over Renzo Gracie and Jens Pulver. That doesn't say a mother-****ing thing. Hes the most over hyped, over rated fighter in MMA right now.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LOL @ Penn being tops anything. He is 2-3 in his last 5 fights, only pulling wins over Renzo Gracie and Jens Pulver. That doesn't say a mother-****ing thing. Hes the most over hyped, over rated fighter in MMA right now.
I completely agree. BJ has all the talent in the world, but what ruins it is his lazy pompous attitude.

People really need to get off Penn's nuts and realize this guy is notorious for gassing in fights and doesnt live up to his ability. And he is 10 times the **** talking prick that Hughes is but he catches none of the flak Hughes does.`

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I completely agree. BJ has all the talent in the world, but what ruins it is his lazy pompous attitude.

People really need to get off Penn's nuts and realize this guy is notorious for gassing in fights and doesnt live up to his ability. And he is 10 times the **** talking prick that Hughes is but he catches none of the flak Hughes does.`
I dont disagree, on sheer talent alone he maybe one of the top 2-3 fighters in the world. However, he will not beat Sherk without coming in in top condition.

In terms of the talking prick like Hughes, I dont necessarily agree with that. Hughes is in a class with few others.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
I dont disagree, on sheer talent alone he maybe one of the top 2-3 fighters in the world. However, he will not beat Sherk without coming in in top condition.

In terms of the talking prick like Hughes, I dont necessarily agree with that. Hughes is in a class with few others.
LOL. Top 2-3 in the world that can't win a fight, was dominated 3 of his last 5 fights and scored a win over a old Renzo and a 145 lb Jens.

You are delusional, just like the rest of the MMA world. When he loses to Joe Daddy, then what will you say ?

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL. Top 2-3 in the world that can't win a fight, was dominated 3 of his last 5 fights and scored a win over a old Renzo and a 145 lb Jens.

You are delusional, just like the rest of the MMA world. When he loses to Joe Daddy, then what will you say ?
let me say this "ole' knowledgeable forseerer of the mma future" I dont see any way Joe Daddy wins, and I consider myself a fan of Daddy. However, if you look at his fights, BJ was winning till gassing which goes along with the point I was making earlier. Note to self, read posts in their entirety

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
let me say this "ole' knowledgeable forseerer of the mma future" I dont see any way Joe Daddy wins, and I consider myself a fan of Daddy. However, if you look at his fights, BJ was winning till gassing which goes along with the point I was making earlier. Note to self, read posts in their entirety
Joe Daddy is big enough to be a 170er. He is as big as Hughes when bulked. He will toss BJ around and has enough BJJ knowledge to stuff anything thrown at him. BJ will get dominated.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
And... if he is top 2-3 fighters in the world... that putes Hughes, GSP and Royoto Machida above him... since he lost to all 3 in the last 3 years.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established

He was Dominated? BWAHAHAHA. Yes he lost those fights fair and square, but the GSP fight was very close and all GSP did was hold him down for a round and a half while BJ was picking him apart in the first round. I love Hughes, but he was getting absolutely owned by Penn for the first 2 rounds and something was clearly wrong with BJ in the third. The Machida fight was at HW or LHW (can't remember). It was a pretty boring fight and I believe I stopped watching it after 2 rounds because nothing was happening.

BJ will make Daddy look bad.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
He was Dominated? BWAHAHAHA. Yes he lost those fights fair and square, but the GSP fight was very close and all GSP did was hold him down for a round and a half while BJ was picking him apart in the first round. I love Hughes, but he was getting absolutely owned by Penn for the first 2 rounds and something was clearly wrong with BJ in the third. The Machida fight was at HW or LHW (can't remember). It was a pretty boring fight and I believe I stopped watching it after 2 rounds because nothing was happening.

BJ will make Daddy look bad.
I forgot you can win a fight by winning 4 rounds and getting KO'd in the 5th. Almost doesn't count. BJ Was battered by GSP and was a mess after the fight.

In the Hughes fight, he won 2 rounds and gassed so horribly in the 3rd he was crucifixed by Hughes and absolutely destroyed.

The Machida fight was at Light Heavyweight, BJ made weight and in true Machida fashion was picked apart for 3 rounds.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
My point was that the word "dominated" was not appropriate at all. Dominated means you were winning easily almost the entire fight until it ended, and GSP was in much worse shape after that fight.

BJ is mentally weak, but his talent is startling.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
My point was that the word "dominated" was not appropriate at all. Dominated means you were winning easily almost the entire fight until it ended, and GSP was in much worse shape after that fight.

BJ is mentally weak, but his talent is startling.
Talent gets you no where =)

I say dominated because they were all finished as such.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I agree here that talent not applied is a shame. There are a number of talented dudes without the mental glue to hold it together: Randleman, Ricco, Guillard, ...

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
I agree here that talent not applied is a shame. There are a number of talented dudes without the mental glue to hold it together: Randleman, Ricco, Guillard, ...
Mir and Tank Abbott.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You really think Stevenson is going to beat Penn??? I suppose anythings possible, but I'm definitely rooting for Penn.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You really think Stevenson is going to beat Penn??? I suppose anythings possible, but I'm definitely rooting for Penn.
I find it impossible to root for a lazy, pompous **** talking prick that talks about himself in the third person and doesnt train hard enough to use his god given talents.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I find it impossible to root for a lazy, pompous **** talking prick that talks about himself in the third person and doesnt train hard enough to use his god given talents.
I can't argue with you there, he is lazy....

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
STILL BJ IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST @ 155

O AND HUGHES WILL BE HANDS DOWN THE BIGGEST PRICK IN UFC HISTORY.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
Change This Thread To The Bashing Of Bj Penn!!!!

Haters!!!!!

Lets See Yall Get Off Your Asses And Train 3 Hours A Night On Bjj, Striking, Wresteling, Cardio, Weights Ever Night 6nihgts A Week And Lets See If You Will Be Lazy.

Or Better Yet Tell Him To His Face That He Is Lazy

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Change This Thread To The Bashing Of Bj Penn!!!!

Haters!!!!!

Lets See Yall Get Off Your Asses And Train 3 Hours A Night On Bjj, Striking, Wresteling, Cardio, Weights Ever Night 6nihgts A Week And Lets See If You Will Be Lazy.

Or Better Yet Tell Him To His Face That He Is Lazy
I like BJ a lot, but saying "say it to his face" makes you look so friggin stupid.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

I don't know who talks more sh*t, but I do know that Penn's cockiness is nothing compared to Hughes' pompousness. I mean are you kidding me, Hughes has the worst 24/7 "I'm a prick" smirk on his face.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
And... if he is top 2-3 fighters in the world... that putes Hughes, GSP and Royoto Machida above him... since he lost to all 3 in the last 3 years.
I really don't know where to begin with you. B.J. is now fighting at 155, Ryoto is one of the better 205ers, ok, we're done with that I hope. GSP is the best 170er in the world, BJ fought to basically a draw with him and busted his ass up in the process. He finished Hughes quickly the first fight and was making him look bad in the second fight until injuring his rib/gassing. Whose the delusional one again? GTFO.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
THANK YOU!!! point made

I really don't know where to begin with you. B.J. is now fighting at 155, Ryoto is one of the better 205ers, ok, we're done with that I hope. GSP is the best 170er in the world, BJ fought to basically a draw with him and busted his ass up in the process. He finished Hughes quickly the first fight and was making him look bad in the second fight until injuring his rib/gassing. Whose the delusional one again? GTFO.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Joe Daddy is big enough to be a 170er. He is as big as Hughes when bulked. He will toss BJ around and has enough BJJ knowledge to stuff anything thrown at him. BJ will get dominated.
we saw him do real well with a mediocre Josh Neer at 170lbs

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hew is top 2-3 in the world P4P. He fought machida at 205 which is 50lbs more than his natural weight. Regarding GSP, that was a close decision and many thought it could go either way, and if I recall he did get hurt against Hughes. Besides the fact that he is not the best at 170, nor would most
155lbers be.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I forgot you can win a fight by winning 4 rounds and getting KO'd in the 5th. Almost doesn't count. BJ Was battered by GSP and was a mess after the fight.
you obviously didnt watch ther fight. Go back and actually watch it, GSP ended up in the hospital and Penn ended up drunk in some bar. If looks decided fights, BJ won that night

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
LOL. Josh Neer and I have been friends since he was 16, watch your mouth!!! =P

I'm over exaggerating on a lot of what I say about Penn. But he is over rated, he might beat Joe Daddy, but I doubt it.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
i watched that over and over again

you obviously didnt watch ther fight. Go back and actually watch it, GSP ended up in the hospital and Penn ended up drunk in some bar. If looks decided fights, BJ won that night

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
And he was tooling Hughes before he gassed, the 2nd best WW in the world IMO.

There is no doubt Penn is world class, but he is not being impressive lately due to has lack of fighting and lack of cardio during the Hughes fight. His loss to GSP looks impressive now seeing how good GSP is, beating Trigg, Hughes and Edit: (Sherk, it was BJ that fought pulver) so badly

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

There is no doubt Penn is world class, but he is not being impressive lately due to has lack of fighting and lack of cardio during the Hughes fight. His loss to GSP looks impressive now seeing how good GSP is, beating Trigg, Hughes and Pulver so badly.
I have to agree here. He is world class, but he needs to be motivated. My feeling is when motivated and in shape at 155 he should beat anyone at that weight

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL. Josh Neer and I have been friends since he was 16, watch your mouth!!! =P

I'm over exaggerating on a lot of what I say about Penn. But he is over rated, he might beat Joe Daddy, but I doubt it.
understood, joe had neer early but as he said in the post fight interview he shot is load on the knee bar and wasnt the same after that

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:head:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

There is no doubt Penn is world class, but he is not being impressive lately due to has lack of fighting and lack of cardio during the Hughes fight. His loss to GSP looks impressive now seeing how good GSP is, beating Trigg, Hughes and Edit: (Sherk, it was BJ that fought pulver) so badly
Yeah, when you see how good GSP is, and that he could barely score a takedown against BJ through the first three rounds, I find it hard to fathom that Joe will be able to effectively shoot. GSP trains with the Canadian Olympic wrestling team and was being considered for a spot on the Team, that is quite impressive considering he had no formal wrestling in his background.

I do not think Joe Daddy has a snowball's chance in hell in this fight, though anything can happen.

EDIT:

Let's remember this is a guy who sprawled and stuffed Matt Hughes, considered for a long time as the best wrestler at 170, and stuffed GSP. BJ controlled the best WW in that aspect, and The Mouth (fitting name, btw :) ) you honestly want us to believe Joe Daddy is not only going to shoot effectively, but then control? No ****ing way.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, when you see how good GSP is, and that he could barely score a takedown against BJ through the first three rounds, I find it hard to fathom that Joe will be able to effectively shoot. GSP trains with the Canadian Olympic wrestling team and was being considered for a spot on the Team, that is quite impressive considering he had no formal wrestling in his background.

I do not think Joe Daddy has a snowball's chance in hell in this fight, though anything can happen.
Good points

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

I see where you're coming from, but you don't think Joe is gonna beat B.J., do you?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'll sum up this thread as : A good BJ is tough to beat.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well said Jas. Joe is a very good fighter but not at the level of BJ..... case closed

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established

EDIT:

Let's remember this is a guy who sprawled and stuffed Matt Hughes, considered for a long time as the best wrestler at 170, and stuffed GSP. BJ controlled the best WW in that aspect, and The Mouth (fitting name, btw :) ) you honestly want us to believe Joe Daddy is not only going to shoot effectively, but then control? No ****ing way.
Yeah, but it was just the Canadian team. :yawn: That's like making JV at a high school of 200 people. :twisted:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, but it was just the Canadian team. :yawn: That's like making JV at a high school of 200 people. :twisted:
Yeah, we didn't really medal at the least olympics. Though I believe Daniel Igali won a freestyle gold in 2000, and his teammate won a silver. We should place better at the '08 event.

Either way, training with an Olympic team in a particular sport with no prior experiencing, and being considered to compete, is pretty telling of athleticism.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'll sum up this thread as : A good BJ is tough to beat.
You got a "well said" off this post, geeez. Also am I on candid camera with "the reiterater" coming behind me saying the same sh*t.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, we didn't really medal at the least olympics. Though I believe Daniel Igali won a freestyle gold in 2000, and his teammate won a silver. We should place better at the '08 event.

Either way, training with an Olympic team in a particular sport with no prior experiencing, and being considered to compete, is pretty telling of athleticism.
True dat. I was just being my usual a-hole self.