UFC 78 Picks Contest!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Caudillo over Aurelio? Interesting....


  2. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Caudillo over Aurelio? Interesting....
    Interesting.......or just plain stupid? We'll find out soon, I'm thinking the latter.
    •   
       


  3. Looks like Rodja is gonna take it at 9 for 9. Alex's ingenious Caudillo pick screwed his chances.

  4. It was the latter. Pretty dissapointing event IMO. I really like Lauzon, always exciting. A bit of a letdown, I'm gonna go watch the 2003 Pride GP opening round card to satisfy my MMA needs. I've always wondered why Cnorris doesn't participate in any of our picks contests?

  5. Results:

    Rodja-24
    Rogue-21
    Vanovich-18
    Dancebot-18
    Jas-17
    Firefighter-15
    "I am" Beowulf-14
    Reaper-14
    Avenue Red-13
    Warriorway-12
    Size-11
    Vika-11
    Mullet-10(pathetic)
    SWG-10
    Lightning-6(record setting low score, sorry brah)

    Everyone rep Rodja, the man is on a roll.

  6. Wow, first Rodja wins his fight, and then he wins the even more highly esteemed UFC 78 Picks Contest at AM. What's next, Strikeforce LW Tourney Champ?????

    Rogue did a hell of a job, too. 21 points is a high score. We all seem to be improving with our picks.

    I originally had Rashad by UD, Karo by boring a$$ UD, so I would have only been wrong on picking McCrory, who apparently took it to Gono big time in the 1st and the beginning of the 2nd.

  7. Rodja says October is a special month for him, apparently it has shifted to November, maybe he's just a Fall type of guy.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Rodja says October is a special month for him, apparently it's shifted to November.
    It has this year. I just hope this hot streak keeps going. My training has been going really well and I have managed to avoid injuries.:bruce1:
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  9. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It has this year. I just hope this hot streak keeps going. My training has been going really well and I have managed to avoid injuries.:bruce1:
    You found your mojo, keep it going. I haven't found my mojo in about 6 years

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    You found your mojo, keep it going. I haven't found my mojo in about 6 years
    My social life kinda sucks at this moment so I am channeling all of my frustration into training.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    My social life kinda sucks at this moment so I am channeling all of my frustration into training.
    Don't forget to watch some Nancy Grace for bonus anger before training!

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Don't forget to watch some Nancy Grace for bonus anger before training!
    I might accidentally commit homicide at that point. She annoys the ever living sh!t out of me. Not as bad as Ann Coulter, but still really bad. I find myself meditating a lot more these days than I ever have before. It is very relaxing and helps me to focus.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  13. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I might accidentally commit homicide at that point. She annoys the ever living sh!t out of me. Not as bad as Ann Coulter, but still really bad. I find myself meditating a lot more these days than I ever have before. It is very relaxing and helps me to focus.
    I may have to give meditation a shot. I'm easily irritated, that's never good.

  14. i sucked at this picks man i thought some different stuff, hey rodja where do you train at?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    I may have to give meditation a shot. I'm easily irritated, that's never good.
    I like to meditate with tea light candles and with The Last Samurai soundtrack playing. 20 minutes later, I am re-centered are ready to go.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  16. Quote Originally Posted by vika808 View Post
    i sucked at this picks man i thought some different stuff, hey rodja where do you train at?
    I train at a place called Solidarity MMA in San Marcos, TX.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  17. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I like to meditate with tea light candles and with The Last Samurai soundtrack playing. 20 minutes later, I am re-centered are ready to go.
    I'm going to start giving something similar to that a shot, appreciate the advice.

  18. 10! Wow. I might have to withdraw from the next contest. Where was my head at?

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Results:

    Rodja-24
    Rogue-21
    Vanovich-18
    Dancebot-18
    Jas-17
    Firefighter-15
    "I am" Beowulf-14
    Reaper-14
    Avenue Red-13
    Warriorway-12
    Size-11
    Vika-11
    Mullet-10(pathetic)
    SWG-10
    Lightning-6(record setting low score, sorry brah)

    Everyone rep Rodja, the man is on a roll.
    I'm pretty sure that someone got 4 on one that I scored, which is damn tough.

  20. I just realized I didn't pick the methods for any of the fights. Wow. I am with it these days fellas!

  21. Damn, I'm good, Rodja's better.

    You betting boys just need to copy his picks, he's money.

    There's no trick to the way I pick - straight favorites with the highest probability method that they use , with some adjustment based on the style of who they are fighting, then I look for strong evidence to maybe go against the odds.

    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rodja again" - Same old story, I'll crack a wishbone on Thursday for ya, Bro, and rep you around Xmas.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Results:

    Rodja-24
    Rogue-21
    Vanovich-18
    Dancebot-18
    Jas-17
    Firefighter-15
    "I am" Beowulf-14
    Reaper-14
    Avenue Red-13
    Warriorway-12
    Size-11
    Vika-11
    Mullet-10(pathetic)
    SWG-10
    Lightning-6(record setting low score, sorry brah)

    Everyone rep Rodja, the man is on a roll.



    I am wearing ribbons of shame

  23. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that someone got 4 on one that I scored, which is damn tough.
    Lightning got 4? I'm reverse copying his picks next time, that is more impressive than Rodja's 24.

  24. firefighter got 5 at UFC 77

  25. hahahah i picked some bad fighters, lol. Rheinhart hahahaha.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. UFC 74 Picks Contest!
    By Alexander in forum MMA
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 12:40 PM
  2. UFC 71 Picks contest
    By Rodja in forum MMA
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 05:48 PM
  3. UFC 69 Picks Contest
    By size in forum MMA
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 04-10-2007, 04:49 PM
  4. UFC 68 Picks Contest!
    By Rogue Drone in forum MMA
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 11:36 PM
  5. UFC 67 Picks Contest
    By Rogue Drone in forum MMA
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 02-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Log in
Log in