Liddell vs Jardine-slugfest?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
For some reason i see this being a quick fight. Slugfest. Not like the Foresst - Bonner fight though.
Anyone else?

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
For some reason i see this being a quick fight. Slugfest. Not like the Foresst - Bonner fight though.
Anyone else?
Yes, I agree. I really don't even care to see this fight. Maybe cause I am just damn hyped about Shogun's debut.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone else?
haha i spent the last two days watching season 1 of the ultimate fighter.....that sh*t is hott!!!.........bonner and forrests first fight was the hezzy!!!

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
I see it as Dana White's way of getting a fairly easy win for his golden boy.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Chuck but I just don't see Jardine as being a hard fight for him

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I see it as Dana White's way of getting a fairly easy win for his golden boy.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Chuck but I just don't see Jardine as being a hard fight for him
WHAT?! I don't like Jardine but he's a monster. I often refer to him as the Ogre, haha, dont tell him....
He's a tough dude and lidell had a reality check after rampage. It's goin to be good, i havent had a chance to check jardines recent fights so i am unable to comment on styles. Beside the fact the are both brawlers.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i think if chucks chin is suspect and jardine comes in smart and aggressive jardine has a good chance. I dont think its a real easy fight but its sorta like a steppin stone for chuck to fight someone real big again. How about if chuck wins give him houston alexander? hahaha that would be nice.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Jardine should get owned in highlight reel fashion. The Forrest fight aside he hasn't really shown KO power. Chuck has a good chin just got caught on the button by one of the hardest punchers at 205. Chuck will win by KO fairly easily.

Alexander vs. Chuck would be fun. Houston's scary for anyone with his aggression and power. Would he walk right into Chuck's right hand or overwelm him by staying in Chuck's face? I don't know. I'd have to rewatch all 100 s of Houston's fights.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I don't think Jardine really has much KO power. He overwhelmed Forrest with GNP, but I don't think the punch that dropped Forrest was that dramatic. He just had threw his ground shots at an awkward, looping over the top angle. Forrest couldn't recover. I think Forrest was winning most exchanges until he got dropped.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I don't think Jardine really has much KO power. He overwhelmed Forrest with GNP, but I don't think the punch that dropped Forrest was that dramatic. He just had threw his ground shots at an awkward, looping over the top angle. Forrest couldn't recover. I think Forrest was winning most exchanges until he got dropped.
Well my friend, thats one of the many downfalls of MMA. It only takes seconds. like rampage and lidell, lidell and tito, forrest and jardine, silva and franklin, and the list goes on. It only takes one well placed punch. Thats what i mean when you have to look deeper into their style and not just records. Koshcheck lost to GSP...why? he got out wrestled/sprawled. I like chuck but jardine seems to be a in yourr face banger, lidell wont be able to loop his punches as much IMO.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I like to see Jardine fight, but I Chuck has a good chin. The angle that he got hit at had a lot to do with Rampage dropping him. It wasn't until the weird horizontal elbow on the ground that Chuck went out, and it was only for a quick second. I don't see Jardine pulling off any of that. Forrest got hit with a barrage, and he was nowhere near being out. He was just overwhelmed.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I like to see Jardine fight, but I Chuck has a good chin. The angle that he got hit at had a lot to do with Rampage dropping him. It wasn't until the weird horizontal elbow on the ground that Chuck went out, and it was only for a quick second. I don't see Jardine pulling off any of that. Forrest got hit with a barrage, and he was nowhere near being out. He was just overwhelmed.
Yea chucks chin may have had that situation you speak of...but it only takes those few seconds to look out of it and frozen, then the ref is liable to call it. Can;t let he lay there and start yelling"Defend of i have to end it...defend...defend" casue then the other guys yellin "LEFT...ELBOW...ELBOW...RIGHT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT" you know? I think chuck was prepparing to recover but i think rampage would have kept him down.
Jardine will baragae and chucks chin may be moderate but once again chuck needs room to throw his signature power punches, he is not an inside fighter. Jardine will do his close, quick attack to keep it from looping into him.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I think Mezger was a much better striker than Jardine, and Chuck's finishing combo on him was one of the best in MMA. That being said, MMA is always a punch away from being over, so anything can happen.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
so mental twitch you would pick jardine to win it is that what your saying?

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
I think this will be a much better fight than most who think chuck will walk through jardine.

I think both will come prepared and have done their homework on the other guy. I hope jardine doesnt lose his game plan mid fight and just go swinging into this; then he will get countered/ko'd easy.

Chuck historicly has came back strong after a loss and im sure he will now. Jardine is a tuff guy and im sure he will as well. This will be a slug fest with Jardine closing the distance mostly and throwing his sig leg kicks into the mix. Chuck will def be "on his bike" with this fight.

Tuff one to call, but i will go out on the limb and say Jardine by tko late 2nd or UD. I say this mainly cause i believe Jardine knows how to fight a counter fighter and is smart enough to not get caught up too much into a slugout. :)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is hard to not expect Chuck to come out and end this fight early. However, it makes ZERO sense to have a Chuck-Rampage III. Maybe he could fight a certain Brazilian...

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is hard to not expect Chuck to come out and end this fight early. However, it makes ZERO sense to have a Chuck-Rampage III. Maybe he could fight a certain Brazilian...
people are talking about chuckrampage III?....thats dumb unless chuck ends up on the top of the division down the road. I wonder if this certain brazilian you speak of will ever be in the UFC...

I agree wtih JZ over there....i dont think this will be as easy a fight for chuck as people expect and i think itll be a decent fight.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
That certain Brazilian is in the UFC and if Chuck gets past Jardine, then he will most likely fight him on the Dec 29th card.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
people are talking about chuckrampage III?....thats dumb unless chuck ends up on the top of the division down the road. I wonder if this certain brazilian you speak of will ever be in the UFC...

I agree wtih JZ over there....i dont think this will be as easy a fight for chuck as people expect and i think itll be a decent fight.
Yes he finally signed a couple of weeks ago and there is visual evidence of him signing the contract. The only probelm is that a Wand-Rampage III makes as much sense as a Chuck-Rampage III.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yes he finally signed a couple of weeks ago and there is visual evidence of him signing the contract. The only probelm is that a Wand-Rampage III makes as much sense as a Chuck-Rampage III.
Exactly and that's where Shogun comes in...... Shogun fights for the belt assuming he beats Forrest. In the meantime, Chuck-Wand settle the score. Houston A. fights Machida in a crazy clash of standup styles. Tito fights Rashad and is quietly shown the door. Bisping drops to 185 and is KOed brutally by Terry Martin (since Houston is busy) then asks if can fight Ross Pointon and Josh Haynes some more.

:djparty: :bow28:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Then what becomes of Wand and Shogun??? Last I heard, they still will not fight each other.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I by no means am making a legit pick in this fight. I thinkg chuck can end it but wont right away. That being said, i think JArdine is used to being a longer time frame banger so i pick Jardine, third round, TKO(stoppage).

Wandy will beat chuck. Yes, he will. I think chuck is a good stroker no doubt but Wandy can take a beating. I watched him on a youtbe vid BARE knuckle fighting for 3 rounds i think exchanging. When i seen Hendo had knocked out Wandy i was shocked. But Hendo is great still
I also think Foresst has his hands full, BUT im giving it to foresst by decision.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Forrest by decision? Do you know who Shogun is?

I'll have to see how Chuck looks against Jardine, but I might honestly pick Chuck to beat Wand. It's hard to say since Wand will be training with a new team and both just got KOed. '03 Wandy wins, '06 maybe Chuck wins, now = ?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Forrest by decision? Do you know who Shogun is?

I'll have to see how Chuck looks against Jardine, but I might honestly pick Chuck to beat Wand. It's hard to say since Wand will be training with a new team and both just got KOed. '03 Wandy wins, '06 maybe Chuck wins, now = ?
HAHA yes i know who shogun is! I dont know i just want foresst but dont think he'll finish...im pretty much hoping shogun doesnt. I know high hopes but oh well.

Wanderli is sic though man. Chuck i don't think will be ready for the quick power and intensity.First JArdine though!

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Exactly and that's where Shogun comes in...... Shogun fights for the belt assuming he beats Forrest. In the meantime, Chuck-Wand settle the score. Houston A. fights Machida in a crazy clash of standup styles. Tito fights Rashad and is quietly shown the door. Bisping drops to 185 and is KOed brutally by Terry Martin (since Houston is busy) then asks if can fight Ross Pointon and Josh Haynes some more.

:djparty: :bow28:
Jas, I love your Machida vs. Alexander matchup. Make it happen, Joe Silva!

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
This is a huge opportunity for Keith Jardine, and I would like to see him win. He has a lot of raw ability, I think, but he got beat pretty bad last time I saw him fight (Houston Alexander, I think). Then again, Alexander has been looking pretty good against everyone.

I call Chuck winning and making a decent comeback, KO, whenever. Because I called it that way, it will go to a decision and Jardine will win:rofl:.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
This is a huge opportunity for Keith Jardine, and I would like to see him win. He has a lot of raw ability, I think, but he got beat pretty bad last time I saw him fight (Houston Alexander, I think). Then again, Alexander has been looking pretty good against everyone.

I call Chuck winning and making a decent comeback, KO, whenever. Because I called it that way, it will go to a decision and Jardine will win:rofl:.
Jinxer:lol: I think Chuck will KO Jardine in the first round, maybe the 2nd.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I'm not ready to comment on the tactics of Liddell_Jardine, but I sure like the UFC Strategy of matching fighters that are coming off a loss and badly needing a win to get back in the game , like this one and Vera_Sylvia. Vera not on a loss, but to reestablish himself. Oh, yeah, add Hughes and Serra with an extra twist of bad blood.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm not ready to comment on the tactics of Liddell_Jardine, but I sure like the UFC Strategy of matching fighters that are coming off a loss and badly needing a win to get back in the game , like this one and Vera_Sylvia. Vera not on a loss, but to reestablish himself. Oh, yeah, add Hughes and Serra with an extra twist of bad blood.
I don't think your tactical expertise is going to be much of a factor in this fight. They have somewhat similar styles, Liddell is just one notch better at everything. You're right about the UFC matchmaking Strategy. Joe Silva aint no tard or goober. Vera/Sylvia is a tough one to call.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Yea, thats the exact reasoni started this. I think it's going to just be pure punching. chuck may throw a few kicks. Does Jardine kick? Like i said before i havent seen him fight much so i can't really analize either.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Not better at everything. Jardine has a better low kick, if he does his splits he could go Gonzaga upside Chuckie's head?

Not likely, but I would expect he will at least attempt to pound on Liddell's thighs.

I think I'll go watch Lidell versus Vernon White And Alastair Overeem and Jardine versus Griffin and Bonnar to gauge this one.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Not better at everything. Jardine has a better low kick, if he does his splits he could go Gonzaga upside Chuckie's head?

Not likely, but I would expect he will at least attempt to pound on Liddell's thighs.

I think I'll go watch Lidell versus Vernon White And Alastair Overeem and Jardine versus Griffin and Bonnar to gauge this one.
HAHA din't chcuk clip vernon "the tiger" white quickly? So thats not fair! haha. It'll be good to see.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it ended with Chuck backing away and catching Vernon with a shot to the orbital bone. But there were plenty of exchanges beforehand to be able to gauge some thangs:afro:

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it ended with Chuck backing away and catching Vernon with a shot to the orbital bone. But there was plenty of exchanges beforehand to be able to gauge some thangs:afro:
yea i rememebr that very clear and yelling " you lucky MFer!" he was backing up and thats what pissed me of, but hey thats MMA. Oh and i dint want vernon to win just bothered me he wasnt leaning into it.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
OT to this discussion, but speaking of Overeem - He and Sergei Kharitinov are rematching at Heros on the 17th.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
OT to this discussion, but speaking of Overeem - He and Sergei Kharitinov are rematching at Heros on the 17th.
Wow. I was just reading that Sergei would be on that card, but didn't know it was gonna be against Overeem. Thanks, that's awesome. Sergei owes Alistair a serious beatdown. There's some good fighters on that card, not so good opponents in most cases. JZ/Shaolin should be good. I heard Akiyama might be fighting on that card to, any idea?

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
This is the fightcard, according to the MMA tracker, which is usually updated to be accurate, but I can't confirm this with the Hero's site, it's only in Japanese.

K-1 Hero's MWGP Finals
--------------------fightcard--------------------
J.Z. Calvan vs. Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro
Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Katsuyori Shibata
Caol Uno vs. Andre Dida
Norifumi "KID" Yamamoto vs. Bibiano Fernandes
Dong Sik Yoon vs. Zelg Galesic
Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Kevin Casey
Takenori Sato vs. Kenji Nagai
Wataru Takahashi vs. Tashiro Nishiuchi
Kazuyuki Miyata vs. Harvey Harra
Fabio Silva vs. Melvin Manhoef
Sergei Kharitonov vs. Alistair Overeem

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is the fightcard, according to the MMA tracker, which is usually updated to be accurate, but I can't confirm this with the Hero's site, it's only in Japanese.

K-1 Hero's MWGP Finals
Caol Uno vs. Andre Dida
That could be an awesome card. Hell, I would pay just to see Vitor and Kid.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I didn't know Manhoef was fighting either. Anyone know anything about Fabio Silva? I'll have to do a little research on some of these guys. Wonder what the scoop is on Sakuraba's opponent. Grappler I hope, no more beatdowns for the Gracie Hunter.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
K-1 Hero's MWGP Finals?

I must be missing something here, I don't see too many middleweights on that card, apart from the japanese cans?, that I don't know.

Sakuraba's match is under special rules, Shibata has to start on his back. Next match they'll probably let Sak fight with a cane, maybe a Katana?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established

K-1 Hero's MWGP Finals
Caol Uno vs. Andre Dida
Great card. This is on Sept. 17? I didn't even know there was a show coming up.

Let us know how it goes, Rodja.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Awesome. Will you be priming up for it by pulling out the Wandy collection?