Sherk's All Access

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
This was one the best AA's yet. Sherk is all business. It seems like all he is into is training and keeping a perfect diet. They tried to go into the "glimpse into his life" part of the show which was him going to an organic grocery store to get health food, although they did show him with his family. I like his cardio training regimen with all of the various exercises, too.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Amazing that he does that kind of conditioning but doesn't lose muscle.

texxlnghorn

Awards
Looking the part and playing the part does not = into a great fight.

When Andrea S. was H.W. champ, ufc did the same kind of special. Andrea ate 5-6 meals a day, etc, etc, etc. and he loses to Tim Sylvia that looks like dodo.

Also Fedor fought a guy a couple of years ago that was a beast(i cant rember his name) that looked like he could win atleast an NPC show, and Fedor knocks him out in the first round.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established

When Andrea S. was H.W. champ, ufc did the same kind of special. Andrea ate 5-6 meals a day, etc, etc, etc. and he loses to Tim Sylvia that looks like dodo.

Also Fedor fought a guy a couple of years ago that was a beast(i cant rember his name) that looked like he could win atleast an NPC show, and Fedor knocks him out in the first round.
You mean Arlovski, right?

I agree that in general looks can be deceiving, but what struck me was Sherk's work ethic, dedication, and explosive speed when punching and shooting. I think his standup is too good to get caught by Franca's sloppy power shots and has good enough bjj defense too not get subbed. Franca's only chance is a guillotine IMO and I don't see it happening.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

Thanks for telling us the most basic sh*t we've heard in months. I thought until now that Ronnie Coleman would dominate Fedor:blink:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The MMA forum here is slowly turning into Sherdog:whiner:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yes, yes it is, where is cranky old Rogue when you need him!

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I keep waiting for the "How many inches is your manhood?" poll in the general convo forum, but I guess the Roguish one has not been around to start it.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Haha, damn, I'm really surprised he hasn't started that poll already, although I'm sure he will now. Guaranteed no one will lie in that poll:rolleyes:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm guessing Rogue is on vacation somewhere shishkabobbing broads by the dozen, hahaha.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I was. 10 days in Da Islands, Mahn. A Select few Girlfriends in tandem, not a quantity haul of Drag Cum along *****es.

Anyway,

Sherk is as intense and disciplined as I have ever seen,and I have seen a lot of workouts. 25 minutes straight of upper body intensive Anerobic threshold paces with that dialed in diet? He's a Killer.

Franca might loop him with a hook for a flash KO,highly unlikely, Sherk can take hits, otherwise Sean will power and sustain way beyond anything Hermes has faced before.

Sherk has never been subbed to defeat, won't happen Saturday. Sherk by vicious GNP or his straight and hard hands in combo for a KO.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Welcome back, Rogue :cheers:

I just saw the All Access. That was impressive. Sherk looked great hitting the pads. I recall that GSP couldn't do anything to Sherk standing. I definitely like his standup. Too bad his reach is the same as my 3 year old nephew's :nutkick:

I think Sherk is going to surprise us one of these days by taking someone out on the feet. He's not my favorite fighter, b/c his fights can be a bit boring, but I can't see who could beat him. I'm dying to see him fight Huerta or Griffin. I think they're top of the food chain at 155 right now.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Glad you're back, Rogue. Better get to work on your Stacked analysis.

It's hard not to admire someone with Sherk's work ethic.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Welcome back, Rogue :cheers:

I just saw the All Access. That was impressive. Sherk looked great hitting the pads. I recall that GSP couldn't do anything to Sherk standing. I definitely like his standup. Too bad his reach is the same as my 3 year old nephew's :nutkick:

I think Sherk is going to surprise us one of these days by taking someone out on the feet. He's not my favorite fighter, b/c his fights can be a bit boring, but I can't see who could beat him. I'm dying to see him fight Huerta or Griffin. I think they're top of the food chain at 155 right now.
Penn can beat sherk.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I didn't include BJ b/c I thought he was going back to 170, but it was announced that he'll fight Sherk in Nov. Sherk will be tough. I think BJ will punish him, but Sherk has proven that he can take punishment and is very tough to finish. If BJ can't finish Sherk early he could gas in a 5 rounder.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Not so.

A exceptionally gifted Mesomorph with ~20 years of adaptation to that high intensity and add his dietary discipline and pronounced ~25 supps, whatever they are, can do this without the use of illegal anabolics.

Of course, one of those supps might be an AI, or something along those lines, like ALRI's Restore, which, IMO, is an excellent supp.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Not so.

A exceptionally gifted Mesomorph with ~20 years of adaptation to that high intensity and add his dietary discipline and pronounced ~25 supps, whatever they are, can do this without the use of illegal anabolics.

Of course, one of those supps might be an AI, or something along those lines, like ALRI's Restore, which, IMO, is an excellent supp.
I'll give you that, however, true meso's are rare.

I just don't know though, there are many ripped UFC fighters, and MMA training isn't LBM friendly. Someone is on something.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll give you that, however, true meso's are rare.

I just don't know though, there are many ripped UFC fighters, and MMA training isn't LBM friendly. Someone is on something.
There are more fighters that are not "ripped" than the other way around. Most people forget that to be an elite MMA fighter, you have to be an exceptional athlete anyway.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The structure of his physique, plus his amazing strength while have amazing cardio, leads me to believe he's doing something or has done something in the past.

But that's not to take away anything from the guy- he's clearly very gifted. And the reality is, he's far from the only one who's dabbled in that kind of thing in MMA, so it's not like there's not an "even playing field".

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I'll give the man the benefit of the doubt, I'll believe that his superior genetics and discipline have allowed him to adapt to that intensity and still be The Muscle Shark.

It's either that or that he is a shameless semen gulping by the gallon load neofaggot. I hear, from well reputed sources, that he swings that way. Creamy loads of peptides and minerals does a body good?

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I have no problem if someone is using. I just like to be able to point out that my diet is pretty close to as spot on, and my training is wayyy more geared toward hypertrophy than his, and yet there is a huge difference between us. That my friends can't always be genetics. Sometime fighters are on something. That doesn't bother me in the least, but if everyone claims that these fighters or anyone who looks better with more LBM and less BF are just more motivated, I call BS, because I know what I do day in and day out.

texxlnghorn

Awards
If i was an MMA fighter the one thing I would be taking for sure is EPO.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
The structure of his physique, plus his amazing strength while have amazing cardio, leads me to believe he's doing something or has done something in the past.

But that's not to take away anything from the guy- he's clearly very gifted. And the reality is, he's far from the only one who's dabbled in that kind of thing in MMA, so it's not like there's not an "even playing field".
yeah, but what could really give him all that. Im sure he had some help before getting to 170+ stacked initally, but everyone always thinks there is something going on when guys look like that and have a life like his filled with so much drive, dedicated and disiplined.

Frankly, I think he has just been a great athelete and compettior since he was so young, and that is all he has known. Kick ass genetics helps, being anal and developing a process through trial and error as he said, has finally allowed him to be this monster at 33 y/o. He still walks around at 175 he said.

I think that being at 155 has given him allot more explosivness and power back that was held down by being at 170. Nevermind that most at 155 are just as short too, so that evens things out quite a bit.

I am a big sherk fan for many reasons, maily cause he is a little big guy like myself. After seeing this AA, it just affirms that he is really that commited to what he does. Its a thing of beauty, actually, especially cause i dont see anyone matching him at all. Especially with a gifted hard head and 26" neck on top of it all! lol