UFC 74 rumors

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Champion Randy Couture vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (for heavyweight title)
Georges St. Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck
Diego Sanchez vs. Hayato Sakurai
Tim Sylvia vs. TBA
Joe Stevenson vs. Kurt Pellegrino

This card is looking pretty damn solid. I hope they keep it up.

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
GSP by brutality
DIego by UD
Stevenson via sub

Coture v. Gonzaga intrigues me.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Diego over Sakurai is a ballsy call. I don't know about that one.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I would have to go with Mach, although it could go either way. GSP/Kos is a tough call to. Kos is damn good, despite his horrible personality. I think Randy will beat Gonzaga, and Sylvia has a good chance against TBA. Although I've heard rumors that TBA might be Fedor, in which case, no. I've also heard it might be Mir, I'll take sh*t in the pants in that re-match.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Has Mir even been doing anything besides commentating for WEC?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
He actually had a grappling only match against Babalu this weekend. He lost on points, 6-2, I think.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
IMO, Mir should hang em up. He never was, what people thought he was, and now he's not even what he actually was.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
This card will be awesome, any more details?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
That's all I've heard. They really haven't said much about because I don't think they officially had a location to hold it at. I think it's in Vegas, though.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
That's all I've heard of. I'm assuming Mach/Diego will be at WW, although I remember hearing a few months back that Diego had thought of dropping to LW, and 6 pounds wouldn't be too tough for Mach, coming from 161, although he is big even for 161. Don't listen to me, it's gotta be at WW.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IMO, Mir should hang em up. He never was, what people thought he was, and now he's not even what he actually was.
LOL, I was waiting for your response about Mir. You really can't stand him!

Anyway, I don't care who Sylvia fights as long as Sylvia loses...and if we're lucky we'll some more broken limbs.

Frank Mir vs Tim Sylvia p2

^^^For those that don't know what I'm talking about...skip ahead to two minutes and forty seconds and prepare to cringe!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
LOL, I was waiting for your response about Mir. You really can't stand him!

Anyway, I don't care who Sylvia fights as long as Sylvia loses...and if we're luck we'll some more broken limbs.
Yeah, I probably do go a little above and beyond with my Mir hate. Like you're saying he did break Sylvia's arm, high five for that one. JK, I actually don't hate Sylvia, at least not as much as most. I would love to see Sylvia look just downright Shawn Bradleyish against Fedor though.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I liked Sylvia until he started talking **** about Fedor...yeah right Tim!

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Tim gets more **** than he deserves but his fights have been terrible lately. He used to knock people out in the past at least.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Sylvia just looks like a guy you should hate, no?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is supposed to be a "big" announcement today on ESPNews during the Hot List. There are so many possibilities flying around the rumor mill that I am not even going to speculate (although Shogun or Wandy v. Chuck seem like the most likely).

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tim gets more **** than he deserves but his fights have been terrible lately. He used to knock people out in the past at least.
yeah i think he was on alot of AAS at that time. He is pretty soft nowadays.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah i think he was on alot of anabolic steroids at that time. He is pretty soft nowadays.
He was in much better shape in his earlier fights (e.g. against Cabbage), but it was his mouth that got him in the position he is now. Whenever you call out Fedor and think you are the best when you beat Gan McGee, you are going to catch a lot of flack.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
not to mention that boring arlovski 2 fight...and getting owned by that last guy. Gonzaga.

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
Yeah, I would have to go with Mach, although it could go either way. GSP/Kos is a tough call to. Kos is damn good, despite his horrible personality. I think Randy will beat Gonzaga, and Sylvia has a good chance against TBA. Although I've heard rumors that TBA might be Fedor, in which case, no. I've also heard it might be Mir, I'll take sh*t in the pants in that re-match.
I dont think Mach has the size for Diego

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
There is supposed to be a "big" announcement today on ESPNews during the Hot List. There are so many possibilities flying around the rumor mill that I am not even going to speculate (although Shogun or Wandy v. Chuck seem like the most likely).
They are probably going to announce shoguns event/entrance. Most us fans will be like wtf is this? lol. I doubt its a chuck wandy thing. Mainly cause wandy said he is going to take some time off...then again, i could be wrong.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They are probably going to announce shoguns event/entrance. Most us fans will be like wtf is this? lol. I doubt its a chuck wandy thing. Mainly cause wandy said he is going to take some time off...then again, i could be wrong.
Rumor has it that Wand has confirmed that it is happening sometime around September or October.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
Champion Randy Couture vs. Gabriel Gonzaga.

This is tuff, but I will go with Couture rd4 tko. I think Gonzaga will perform good, but not good enough later in the 25 min fight with couture.

Georges St. Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck

Ohh..man this is going to be GOOD. GSP better be hungry here, which im sure he will come out VERY strong. As much as i dont like Kos, he has improved quite a bit, but he is a decision fighter and frankly, isnt on GSP's striking/submission level.

GSP by ko/tko, rd2. rd1 if Kos cant take him down, cause i havent seen Kos being able to take a punch without shooting right after.

Diego Sanchez vs. Hayato Sakurai

Tuff one again...Mach has denied this fight is even happening last i heard. I havent seen Mach fight in a while, but he is fastly improved since his fight with hughes as where most know him from.

if this does happen, i will say DS by tko/sub rd 3.

Tim Sylvia vs. TBA

I actually heard the TBA was going to be Mir, but it is still unofficial. He isnt doing anything besides commentating and getting fat. I know TS REALLY wants this fight and it would be a good "earn your way up" starter fight with a personal vested interest.

Joe Stevenson vs. Kurt Pellegrino

Frankly, this is a step down for Joe. I know Kurt is a good bbj guy, but honestly not at daddy's level yet. I would have liked to see Joe fight a good striker again, but this will be a good ground battle.

Joe by rd 2 sub.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
Rumor has it that Wand has confirmed that it is happening sometime around September or October.
hmm...linky? Im curious....if i recall correctly, I believe Dana mentioned something like that, but I just havent seen anything more since then besides Wandy taking a extended break (dont blame him).

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmm...linky? Im curious....if i recall correctly, I believe Dana mentioned something like that, but I just havent seen anything more since then besides Wandy taking a extended break (dont blame him).
Give me a minute to find the source. I am a little reserved because the interview was in Portuguese so something could have been lost in translation.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
^^ no biggie, i hear you. Like i said i am just curious. im sure it will happen, it was close last time and of course everyone wants to see it. Wandy just needs to sign the contract, which im sure he will as Shogun has.

Interesting match up nontheless; hard straight striker vs. powerfull counter striker. Last time, that match up didnt work well for him (cro cop).

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wish they would do a Pride style OWGP!!!

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
^^That would be great, but not the UFC's style. If they disolve Pride then I would think they would have to or lose a ton of fighters to the new organ's out there now.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^ no biggie, i hear you. Like i said i am just curious. im sure it will happen, it was close last time and of course everyone wants to see it. Wandy just needs to sign the contract, which im sure he will as Shogun has.

Interesting match up nontheless; hard straight striker vs. powerfull counter striker. Last time, that match up didnt work well for him (cro cop). CC did have 20 lbs....
Wand slightly outweighed him during that fight and CC pressed the action during that fight.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
Wand slightly outweighed him during that fight and CC pressed the action during that fight.
Vanderlei Silva (225.1 lbs.) vs. Mirko CroCop (220.9 lbs.)

Correcto......I edited my post, i forgot he came in heavy....you must have quoted right before then.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'll take Gonzaga by tko.

GSP-Kos...hmmm. I really don't think GSP's standup is as good as others think, but we'll see. GSP decision.

I'll Mach by decision.

Stevenson by TKO.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Did Dana say that BJ gets a shot at the LW titleholder after Sherk-Franca?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Kendall Grove vs Patrick Cote is listed at MMAweekly under rumors. Decent fight, I'd take Grove in that one.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Update on Card

Randy Couture vs Gabriel Gonzaga (HW) (confirmed)
Georges St.Pierre vs Josh Koscheck (WW) (confirmed)
Joe Stevenson vs Kurt Pellegrino (LW) (confirmed)
Kendall Grove vs Patrick Cote (MW)
Hayato Sakurai vs Diego Sanchez (WW)
Travis Lutter vs Ryan Jensen (MW)

Tim Sylvia vs TBA (HW)
Renato Sobral vs TBA (LHW)

Anyone seen Ryan Jensen fight before? I actually went to HS with him. I knew he fought and only has one loss, but I've never seen a fight of his.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm, I wonder who Babalu and Tim are going to fight? Each are coming off of losses where they were the favorite and were embarrassed. I just hope that Babalu stays in the UFC long enough for Shogun to get a rematch.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I've seen Jensen fight a few times, I think. Not sure, but I believe I saw him beat Tyrone Roberts back in the day. Can't tell you much from that, but he did look like he had a lot of potential from what I remember. This card is definitely looking good. I hope Sakurai punishes Diego.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I've seen Jensen fight a few times, I think. Not sure, but I believe I saw him beat Tyrone Roberts back in the day. Can't tell you much from that, but he did look like he had a lot of potential from what I remember. This card is definitely looking good. I hope Sakurai punishes Diego.
Cool. His only loss is to Brock Larson who I'm thinking is a pretty solid fighter. Lutter will probably deal with him, but it is the year of upsets...

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, I wonder who Babalu and Tim are going to fight? Each are coming off of losses where they were the favorite and were embarrassed. I just hope that Babalu stays in the UFC long enough for Shogun to get a rematch.
I think Shogun would savagely beat him these days, especially if he tries one of those arms by his sides flying knees again.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree, but the weight might be an issue. Diego has a lot to prove and I think will run a long UD.
thats true, sakurai should be a light weight.
zbut who knows... Diego has always had something to prove.
Diego is good and i dont count him out.. but i think Sakurai has the advantage on the feet Diego might have the advantage on the ground because of weight.. I still go or Sakurai.f

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
jas123 MMA 33
TheMouth MMA 11
TheMouth MMA 41
TheMouth MMA 31