WEC "VS" anyone watching?

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Seen some great fights and talent on this show. Oddly ive never heard of it before, theyve been picking up some UFC and KOTC guys. Guys like Urijah Faber and Brock larson make it easy to watch.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
WEC is the farm system of the UFC now. They are using it also as a medium for the PRIDE guys to get used to fighting in a cage. There have been some awesome WEC fights over the years.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look up the James Irvin v. Doug Marshall fight...crazy, crazy stuff.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Started to watch this the other night after someone told me it was on VS. They do have some good fighters. Faber, Razor Rob, Paulo Filho now.:thumbsup: Faber is a stud. He looks big for 145lbs I wonder what he cuts down from?

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cyq7xyRSnH8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cyq7xyRSnH8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Can u try that again?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Started to watch this the other night after someone told me it was on VS. They do have some good fighters. Faber, Razor Rob, Paulo Filho now.:thumbsup: Faber is a stud. He looks big for 145lbs I wonder what he cuts down from?
Faber really does not cut that much weight. I think he only cuts ~5 lbs or so, but at that size it really makes a difference.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
I caught the same fights on vs did anyone watch the tapout crews showing training sessions at the pit. I thought it was pretty neat all of the unconventional training styles heckelman uses. But wow the tapout crew it out there I don't know if I'm feeling those guys. There like a side show act, the Kiss band of MMA.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
There like a side show act, the Kiss band of MMA.
:icon_lol: I'm not really liking them either. Do you really have to wear lame makeup to get noticed?

I'm liking the WEC. Faber's exciting as hell and there's some good action in most of the fights. How about Kit Cope trying to throw a gogo on Razor Rob.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
:icon_lol: I'm not really liking them either. Do you really have to wear lame makeup to get noticed?

I'm liking the WEC. Faber's exciting as hell and there's some good action in most of the fights. How about Kit Cope trying to throw a gogo on Razor Rob.
Lol Kit Cope, I was really hoping he would adapt to MMA. His BJJ has improved slightly. But he lost to KenFlo.

Have u guys seen Kit Cope on the spike TV show? Can't think of the name. It pretty lame just thought I would throw out there.

R

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Here's your first vid embedded, SWG.

How do you do it?
Put the letters for the two words You Tube in brackets [** ] on the left side of the number, in this case, n-z_VPNChgU that's in the url, the number only, delete everything else, including the v= and the same two letters with a forward slash before them in brackets to the right side. [/** ]

I have to use ** for the letters down here or else it puts a blank box placeholder into the page. To put the vid in, I used the letters.

You use the line that says URL, not the line that says embedded.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
I will try that to see if it works.

LOL RD what I am doing wrong?

Thank u RD, I got it now lol.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Lol Kit Cope, I was really hoping he would adapt to MMA. His BJJ has improved slightly. But he lost to KenFlo.

Have u guys seen Kit Cope on the spike TV show? Can't think of the name. It pretty lame just thought I would throw out there.
We've joked about Kit before on here. I think he's like 1-7 in MMA or something just riding his MTV True Life fame (Did I just admit to watching MTV?). His BJJ looks improved though (that's why I mentioned it above) and he has some solid Muay Thai cred. I think his show was Wild World of Sport and as I recall I think Goldie does the commentating.

E

EESCHMan

Awards
  • Established

Unforunately after his WEC Fight, Kit tested positive for steroids (don't remember which one)...

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Unforunately after his WEC Fight, Kit tested positive for steroids (don't remember which one)...
Really, I would not doubt that. Maybe winny that seems to be popular. Vitor Belfort and a few others tested for that one.

J

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
Oh and ive also caught WEC on VS. I think they just started playing them and wrecage recently.

Good fights and new talent, and old UFC "opponent" talent. It seems they hold title matches allot more than the UFC/pride do too, probably cause of its size.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
We've joked about Kit before on here. I think he's like 1-7 in MMA or something just riding his MTV True Life fame (Did I just admit to watching MTV?). His BJJ looks improved though (that's why I mentioned it above) and he has some solid Muay Thai cred. I think his show was Wild World of Sport and as I recall I think Goldie does the commentating.
I actually like the WW of S. Jason Ellis, the skater, is a funny dude. Kit tells horrible jokes, and Jason and the jewish comedian guy laugh AT him. Oh, Jas, you admit to watching MTV. I remember Kit's girlfriends name from True Life. Damn, Aubrey had a fine ass.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually like the WW of S. Jason Ellis, the skater, is a funny dude. Kit tells horrible jokes, and Jason and the jewish comedian guy laugh AT him. Oh, Jas, you admit to watching MTV. I remember Kit's girlfriends name from True Life. Damn, Aubrey had a fine ass.
Yes she did.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I'll admit to watching it before as it does suck you in somehow. They show some hot chicks, but it's one of those shows that I feel like I wasted time by watching. As for MTV, there are some guys on RW/RR challenge that I think could shake up the MMA world. "the Miz" + a year of training > Fedor.:twisted:

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Ive seen some real talent on there.. crazy sub attemtpts and moves you never see outside of world class judo.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From what I understand Jens is moving down to 145. At first I thought this meant that the UFC would be bringing up a new class, but now I think it's just a marketing gimic to shine light on the WEC. There is definite talent in the WEC and I'm sure they'll take full advantage of Jens and the Miller brothers now that TUF Season 5 is over.

L

longtom74

Awards
Its sad to say, buy I'll watch anything mma. Whether its good or not.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
VolcomX311 MMA 8
VolcomX311 MMA 46
Jessep76 MMA 50
P MMA 1
Jessep76 MMA 3