Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let the discussions begin gentlemen :duel:

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Well well well, Page is the new champ hell yea. Interesting note it seems that Hendo gets a shot at the new champ? Short regin for Page if thats the case.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
I had a feeling rampage was going to give a quick ko. I am pissed though because Chuck said if he beat rampage he would want to fight Fedor next! Henderson is a beast in his own right and I think will cause probs at 205. UFC is getting better and better. Dana White was talking about have an MMA superbowl type event where all the pride champs fight the ufc champs. That would be sexy.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
I had a feeling rampage was going to give a quick ko. I am pissed though because Chuck said if he beat rampage he would want to fight Fedor next! Henderson is a beast in his own right and I think will cause probs at 205. UFC is getting better and better. Dana White was talking about have an MMA superbowl type event where all the pride champs fight the ufc champs. That would be sexy.
That would be sick. Possible 205lb matchup Henderson vs Shogun. Hendo takes the title from Page, Shogun avenges Wandy's lose and finally gets his title shot. One can dream.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have never been more sure of an outcome than I was with Liddell-Jackson 2. There was just no way Chuck was going to win. He just doesn't have what it takes.

He's been overhyped for a long time- a protected champion who cleaned out a division that was tailor made for him to clean out. He's a lot like Gomi, in that sense.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Well well well, Page is the new champ hell yea. Interesting note it seems that Hendo gets a shot at the new champ? Short regin for Page if thats the case.
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one. I don't see Hendo beating Rampage, but it's definitely possible.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hendo does not have the striking game to overwhelm Rampage. Simple combos and single strikes are not enough to finish Rampage. Shogun on the other hand...

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
............has a disgusting thai clinch and soccer kicks.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
once i saw them walk out i knew it would be a KO by rampage. I joked about it being in their first exchange....sure enough once he threw a punch with meaning that was all she wrote. Chuck got laid out flat! That backpeddling style was way to predictable and honestly i think Chuck was intimidated from the start.

MrTotality

MrTotality

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hendo does not have the striking game to overwhelm Rampage. Simple combos and single strikes are not enough to finish Rampage. Shogun on the other hand...
agreed, matchup wise page should beat up on hendo. personally I would love to see Hendo move back to 185 and take on silva

Vtaper

Awards
Dissapointing fight IMO, I hoped the fight would have gone more like their first, but oh well, congrats to rampage. Chuck was out clean, but still not a decisive victory, in their first fight nobody could argue it was a lucky punch....I definatly see a 3rd fight.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Dissapointing fight IMO, I hoped the fight would have gone more like their first, but oh well, congrats to rampage. Chuck was out clean, but still not a decisive victory, in their first fight nobody could argue it was a lucky punch....I definatly see a 3rd fight.
I dont see why it wasnt decisive? Chuck wasnt the aggressor as he just stepped out when Rampage stepped in and then when they did engage he got smoked. Like it was said above, Chuck has had it easy in the LHW division and its going to be nice to see some of the fighters coming out of Pride and making that division better.

I think Chuck is done as far being a contender for the title.

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
I am glad for this outcome, Rampage will be a breath of fresh air for the time that he's champ. There is a storm on the horizon, so to speak, and it won't be easy to keep that spot at all.

Keith Jardine lost badly. He did not look good at all.
Leben and Starnes was a SLOPPY fight.

Parisyan and Burkman was a great fight.
The Salaverry fight was excellent as well, I was not expecting him to lose really.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
The writing was on the wall I just refused to read it. Chuck is still the man though he did not have any bull**** excuses after the fight, I wish it would of lasted longer so I could judge if Chuck should ask for another fight or just hang em up. I think he still has the skills to be in the top of the food chain but i'm not sure if he still has the hunger.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I really don't think this was a good indicator of how well these guys match up. This could have been an outstanding fight. I'm glad Rampage won, but I would have loved to see a war. I can't believe it ended in the first exchange. Juanito was right; Chuck has Tito's #, and Rampage has Chuck's.

I definitely see Rampage beating Hendo, but I'd love to see Hendo fight A. Silva.

I'm looking forward to some all-time great Rampage interviews.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
"ima woop chucks ass" man of his words.

Brother

Brother

Awards
I love the way Chuck acted after his little nap..... funny stuff. Rampage will dominate for a long time. Hendo is a bad ass for sure. I think Rampage will get a tough decision over him tho. with the Pride deal done the match ups are limitless. Great time for MMA!!!! Randy will not beat GOnzaga but Fedor will.

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
Great fight, I am always glad to see a changing of the guard, when the guard has been standing for long time.

I aways enjoy seeing leben getting beat.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It wasn't a lucky punch this time, either. Rampage is just the better of the two. He knows exactly how to beat Chuck. He did it the first time fairly easily and he did it this time without breaking a sweat.

With the first fight in mind, this second fight was extremely decisive.

And I personally would have zero interest in a third fight. We're getting into Ortiz-Shamrock territory here.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I couldn't be happier.

After the large group I was friends with was finished saying "**** rampage, Chuck will KO him in 30 seconds." I quietly waited and then after Chuck got owned, I was like "**** yeah, *****, what!?!?!"

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why is everybody trashing Chuck? He lost a fight but he's also knocked out alot of good fighters.

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
I love the way Chuck acted after his little nap..... funny stuff. Rampage will dominate for a long time. Hendo is a bad ass for sure. I think Rampage will get a tough decision over him tho. with the Pride deal done the match ups are limitless. Great time for MMA!!!! Randy will not beat GOnzaga but Fedor will.

Counting Randy out so soon, are we? We'll see.

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
I really liked Chuck's attitude, and wanted him to win, and thought he could win until I watched ufc all access and saw how Juanito was training Jackson, and how Chuck said he never changes anything. In Chuck vs Couture #1 when Randy out boxed Liddell and keep pushing the pace Liddell couldn't handle it, and I think this was Rampage's stratedy(and his natural way of fighting), but I didn't think it would end that quickly. Oh well Liddell has always got his accounting degree to fall back on.

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
If Chuck would just keep his hands up instead of having one cocked at all times he could have possibly avoided that. It's one thing if he was tired and just had his hands down, but he always has them like that. It's paid off for him more than not, but in this case he should have kept a normal stance ready for what Page was going to throw at him. I would like to see a rematch though. I don't think Chuck is over rated but I do think he needs to work on his game... :( I was disappointed in the fight. I would have liked to see a slug fest for at least a round.

EDIT: after watching the gif like nine times, it does look like he is actually trying to defend that last punch before the ref stopped it... Maybe he wasn't ktfo like we all thought. (Not like it would have changed anything)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does Chuck really deserve another rematch? He lost twice to Rampage and each time in a convincing fashion.

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
Does Chuck really deserve another rematch. He lost twice to Rampage and each time in a convincing fashion.
True... I agree. He needs to work his way back up. I just want to see the fight that I imagined in my head. :p

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
If Chuck would just keep his hands up instead of having one cocked at all times he could have possibly avoided that. It's one thing if he was tired and just had his hands down, but he always has them like that. It's paid off for him more than not, but in this case he should have kept a normal stance ready for what Page was going to throw at him. I would like to see a rematch though. I don't think Chuck is over rated but I do think he needs to work on his game... :( I was disappointed in the fight. I would have liked to see a slug fest for at least a round.

EDIT: after watching the gif like nine times, it does look like he is actually trying to defend that last punch before the ref stopped it... Maybe he wasn't ktfo like we all thought. (Not like it would have changed anything)
Chuck went completely limp, and then the last punch woke him up, and he was coherant. Legit stoppage, he was limp and Rampage was in perfect pounding position, the ref can't let that go.

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
True. I just thought he was completely out until after the ref had stopped it. I didn't see his arm go up until after Page walked away and he tried to reach for him. I don't disagree, it was a well deserved stoppage.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The look in Chuck's eyes after the stoppage was classic. He was gone - not a clue where he was. Chuck even asked his trainer, "What happened?"

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, he looked completely rocked after it. No doubt.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
The look in Chuck's eyes after the stoppage was classic. He was gone - not a clue where he was. Chuck even asked his trainer, "What happened?"
Lights on but knowbodys home. He definitely short circuited there.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
Why doesn't Mirko lose 15lbs and fight light heavy weight? His game is not well matched against many of the contenders at HW. at 205 there are so many strikers at the top... he would do much better at that class. I think Gonzaga is going to be next HW champ... Couture is in for it.... although I never count out Couture.. the guy is a monster.

But as already mentioned 71 was a great card.. awesome fights. I would love to see parysian vs. hughes in the future. GSP will be back, you can bet your ass on that haha. He just needs some mental growing up to do, hes got all the weapons in the bag.

Brother

Brother

Awards
Why is everybody trashing Chuck? He lost a fight but he's also knocked out alot of good fighters.

Im not trashing chuck or counting randy out. Chuck got beat like i said..... Capt. A will have a hell of a time with Gonzaga. We know Gonz can kick for sure. His hands a very heavy and fast... his ground game is very tight. I think he can take a punch and is tough. Randy is the man but... Im just telling it like it is.:run:

andro69

andro69

Awards
  • Established
Like someone already said Chuck left himself wide open for Rampage's right hook when he failed to bring his left hand up after the body blow. Guess he was just too used to nobody countering like Rampage did.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established

That exchange could have played out very differently, if Lidell had immediately followed the left hook to the body with a right cross to the head, instead of holding his right back and dropping his left to Page's Right hook counter. Pot shotting versus punches in bunches is one of things that the great boxers criticize MMA guys for, rightly so, and a single shot then dropping that hand is just begging for a nasty counter to that same side.

Whatever, I would'nt count out Lidell just yet. When Athletes win they party,too often and complacency sets in, when they lose they get pissed at themselves, regain hunger and ponder improvements, if they don't just give up.

Upsets, though this was'nt really one, are a good thing, Lidell now joins the recent club, in no particular order, of GSP, Hughes, Sanchez,Jardine, Guillard,Franklin, Sylvia, Little Nog, Wanderlei, and Cro Cop, did I miss anyone of real note?, who can use the pain of loss to renew themselves into even better fighters.

War Muscle Shark!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
War Muscle Shark!
Who do you have in mind for Sherk? A TUF'er, either of the coaches, or Serra with TWO belts at once!?!

That would pretty sweet, but really just trying to stir the pot...and how many more wins for Din before they throw him in there...although I don't see him winning that one.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Sir Tony " the Barnacle " Savage has the skillz, but his heart's in the wrong place, cojoined with Sean's Scrotum.

It may soon be time for an Intervention. I"ll bring the jaws of life, better know as the succulent lips of Gina Carrano to entice him off. It's time for SS to go straight and fly right.

In the real world, Hermes Franca is scheduled to title fight Sherk at UFC 73 on July 7th.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
hermes stand up is so sloppy, he honestly looks like someone who has never thrown a punch before got really pissed off the frst time. He does ko ppl though.. all the matters.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

That exchange could have played out very differently, if Lidell had immediately followed the left hook to the body with a right cross to the head, instead of holding his right back and dropping his left to Page's Right hook counter. Pot shotting versus punches in bunches is one of things that the great boxers criticize MMA guys for, rightly so, and a single shot then dropping that hand is just begging for a nasty counter to that same side.

Whatever, I would'nt count out Lidell just yet. When Athletes win they party,too often and complacency sets in, when they lose they get pissed at themselves, regain hunger and ponder improvements, if they don't just give up.

Upsets, though this was'nt really one, are a good thing, Lidell now joins the recent club, in no particular order, of GSP, Hughes, Sanchez,Jardine, Guillard,Franklin, Sylvia, Little Nog, Wanderlei, and Cro Cop, did I miss anyone of real note?, who can use the pain of loss to renew themselves into even better fighters.

War Muscle Shark!
\
ahhnareea ha ahhnarheea ha ahnareea, sorry that's what Gomi's entrance song sounds like to me. You missed him and Hiiiiicardo Arona.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In the real world, Hermes Franca is scheduled to title fight Sherk at UFC 73 on July 7th.
I was not aware of that...I usually route for him despite his aforementioned shortcomings. You really think he could take Sherk though?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL, saw that one coming...I would have to agree though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jas123 MMA 20
LakeMountD MMA 57
Beowulf MMA 41
MMA 23
exnihilo MMA 40