Chuck or Rampage?

Who will win?

• Total voters
jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
This fight is nearing, and I can't make up my mind.

On one hand, Chuck has probably improved more since their last meeting and he has a solid streak of domination going. This fight is also on Chuck's home turf (he uses the cage as well as anyone) and Rampage hasn't seemed to have had his head on straight in recent times. Ideally, Rampage would have had at least one more fight in the UFC before this title shot.

On the other hand, Quinton destroyed Chuck last time and has the tools to do it again. Chuck hasn't fought a guy like Rampage during his streak that strikes well and is about as explosive as they come. Chuck also didn't look as crisp with his striking against Tito (maybe his age/lifestyle is catching up with him or maybe he had minor injuries that threw him off). Rampage seems to like to fight in closer which got him in trouble with the knees of Wandy and Shogun but could lead to trouble for Chuck.

I'm curious if Rampage does get him down, can he keep him there in the cage? Rampage is as strong as anyone. I've heard a few people talk about the upset trend continuing with this fight but I don't see this as fitting into that category of fight. These are 2 guys who have been at the top, even though Rampage has been sliding, either one could win. Regardless of the outcome its not a major upset unless Rampage scores a flying armbar.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I'm render a final opinion after I watch Shogun_Jackson and Lidell 1 again and this

UFC® All Access™: Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
Premiere: Monday, 5/21 at 11:00pm
Reairs: Tuesday, 5/22 at 12:30am and Friday, 5/25 at 12:00am

Mr. Inside Proactive Clinchbilly versus Mr. Outside Reactive Hookster?, hmmm, need to get a better feel for where Da Memphis Chain Beast is at.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm render a final opinion after I watch Shogun_Jackson and Lidell 1 again and this

UFC® All Access™: Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
Premiere: Monday, 5/21 at 11:00pm
Reairs: Tuesday, 5/22 at 12:30am and Friday, 5/25 at 12:00am

Mr. Inside Proactive Clinchbilly versus Mr. Outside Reactive Hookster?, hmmm, need to get a better feel for where Da Memphis Chain Beast is at.
Their first fight exposed Chuck's main weakness - his conditioning. His footwork and ground game have improved, but his cardio is still very suspect.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Rampage. It's just a very bad style match up for Chuck.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I think I mentioned this before, but it seems like Rampage's defense plays right into the hands of good MT clinch guy. He drops his head and crumples forward when he'd be better off circling and slipping. Sometimes this is inevitable, but if you rewatch the Wandy and Shogun fights you'll see how he leaves himself vulnerable to their strengths. I do not think Chuck will try to apply the same, unless he's work his MT clinch like crazy.

I'd like to see Rampage take it, but I've begun to like Chuck more. Either way I won't be disappointed, unless the fight sucks.

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
i know this is who alot of people r taking but i think chucks going to get ramp! im saying chuck in the 2nd round by KO 2 min in to the round.

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
Chuck's got this one unless it goes past 3 rounds and his condition is off.

tattoopierced1

i voted for Rampage, but honestly it could go either way. I think the way Rampage is going to win is by getting Chuck against the fence, double underhooks, and taking him to the ground and pounding him out for a TKO.... If he cant do this, then I'm not 100% he can beat Chuck. Chuck is also suspect too with the way he has been seen lately, falling asleep and partying all the time, lets just hope he comes in tip top shape as does Rampage for a good fight.

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
Am I the only one that thought Rampage looked terrible for the better part of his debut fight with Eastman? He should have stomped him. He looke slow paced... Maybe this is just me.

As for Chuck looking weak against Tito, his knee was hurting him for a while before the fight but he didn't want to postpone anything.

I say Chuck.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I saw part of the Countdown to UFC 71 show on "On Demnad" from a cable provider. Rampage slips in a little comment about Chuck's interview mishap. It was pretty funny.

Rewatching the first one, Rampage was landing a lot of hooking lefts and straight armed overhand rights (overhand bolo punch?). Chuck's defense wasn't so great and with another guy who has a good chin like Page, this could be trouble. Rodja, I think you're right about the footwork improvement and possible cardio issues, but I think he'll be more motivated since he has lost in the past to him. Have we seen enough of his groundwork in fights to say whether Chuck's improved?

Chuck would be smart to work on his thai clinch.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
chuck by knockout in round two.
The only time Rampage has ever been KO'ed was when Wandy kneed him in their second fight. Chuck has great KO power, but I don't think that he can KO Rampage. Also, Chuck will not be able to push the pace enough to gas Rampage, but Rampage does have that kind of conditioning (watch their first fight).

DecaDone

DecaDone

Awards
I know i know I voted yesterday and predicted today. I orgininally had ref stoppage in the 3rd round but my decision might change if it goes to 3.

My buddy Nick Cottone is fighting this Saturday night down in AC. Anyone in the Jersey/PA area making to this fight?

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Rampage is the underdog but I think he'll show up for this fight and take it.

ugab37

ugab37

Applied Nutriceuticals Rep.
Awards
  • Established
Ill take Chuck by KO in round 2. I just think he'll come in shape and with good cardio. I dont think Rampage can hang with him if Chucks at his best.

Brother

Brother

Awards
When Chuck fought Rampage it was a 2 fight night.... Chuck took some wicked knees to the gut from Overeehm. Thats what lead to him apearing to gas out....Rampages fight was not as brutal and he was the fresher fighter that night. Who ever wins its going to be a good night for MMA. Either way Chuck will be tested. Im going to have to go with MIRCO!! :woohoo:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Actually, those fights were 3 months apart but part of the same tournament.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I guess those were some really damaging knees Overeem dished out, 3 months and still gassed:twisted:

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
Rampage all the way, Chuck needs a good ol arse wooping....

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
If Rampage gets punched with any of Chuck's force, he will lose. This we know. Ramp is not in his prime, face it.

The question is, is Chuck still in his prime? Has he lost as much as Rampage? No, he hasn't. Chuck's game is down to a T. You can't take him down for long, and if you get inside, you can't stay for long. For him to lose would require a very smart fighter, because you can't beat his game unless you're smart. Rampage is no dummy, but can he outsmart Chuck's game? That is the question. The answer, in my mind, is no he cannot.

Chuck by knockout within the first 3 rounds.

Brother

Brother

Awards
Actually, those fights were 3 months apart but part of the same tournament.
Oh yea... Total Elimination then Final Conflict. Either way Overeem stuck him with some tough knees. I think if Rampage comes in confident he will destroy Liddell. When you come straight down the pipe and land first Chuck has a hard time....more so when its in close and rough. Chuck needs range to connect with those devestating looping overhand hook/aimbot punches. Id love to see that white trash shrimper get dethrowned. Rampage is da'man :afro:

Brother

Brother

Awards
I guess those were some really damaging knees Overeem dished out, 3 months and still gassed:twisted:
I think Sergei Kharitonov would agree that the damage Overeems knees do can last 3 months.... dislocated shoulder and beat down.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I think Sergei Kharitonov would agree that the damage Overeems knees do can last 3 months.... dislocated shoulder and beat down.
Sergei was simply building up his pain tolerance for the future. Kharitonov will do big things in the next 5 years.

Brother

Brother

Awards
Sergei was simply building up his pain tolerance for the future. Kharitonov will do big things in the next 5 years.
i loved the look on his face when he left the ring..like a kid who got his arse whiped and his lunch money taken. I think hes a great fighter as well. Very tough and skilled.... kinda like myself:fool2:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
i loved the look on his face when he left the ring..like a kid who got his arse whiped and his lunch money taken. I think hes a great fighter as well. Very tough and skilled.... kinda like myself:fool2:
What a tough SOB Kharitonov is. Too tough for his own good maybe. A russian redneck who doesn't give a fu*k. Do you fight professionally Brother?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Here are a couple of fighters picks.

###########################

Randy Couture, heavyweight champion: “My feeling is that this series of upsets in the UFC is going to continue and that Rampage is going to beat Chuck. I think Rampage is not intimidated and he has the skill set and the ability to make this a tough night for Liddell. I think on my picks for the main card fights on the Fight Network’s ’Natural Pick,’ I’m 35-15, so we’ll see how I do on this card.”

Tito Ortiz, former light heavyweight champ: “I expect a really exciting fight. I hope Rampage wins. He’s my boy. I think the only way he’s going to beat Chuck is throw those numbers. You can’t just throw ones and twos at Chuck. I’m going to the fight and I’m going to see if they can carry the same energy as when Chuck and I fought each other.”

Kenny Florian, lightweight contender: “Liddell by knockout in the third round. I think it’s going to go back and forth -- action-packed for every minute, every round. I don’t know if Rampage has the ability to knock out Liddell. I do think he could possibly take him down and TKO him. But for Liddell, this is another fight with a similar game plan as the last eight fighters he’s faced. It’s a perfect opponent for Liddell -- a wrestler who’s going to try to take him down. He’s prepared for that.”

Heath Herring, heavyweight contender: “I’ve got Chuck because of his relative experience in The Octagon, as opposed to the ring that Pride uses that Rampage has fought the majority of his bouts in. But I wouldn’t put any money on that fight.”

Lance Pugmire, Los Angeles Times reporter: “This is kind of like Oscar and Floyd. I’ve spent a lot of time with these guys and know them both pretty well. Jackson’s showed he’s not going to be fazed by Chuck’s strength and skill. However, Chuck has been so dominant ever since their first fight, I pick Liddell by the end of the third round.”

Thomas Gerbasi, UFC.com reporter: “Liddell’s undoubtedly on top of his game, so he’s rightfully the favorite here. But Jackson has walked through Chuck’s bombs before, his only knockout losses have come from knees (not Chuck’s specialty), and he’s got everything to gain and nothing to lose in this fight. He’s a live underdog on May 26th, and as recent UFC history has shown, any ’dog’ can have his day.”

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Duhhhh!......

oops, my username isnt chuck liddel lol

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Wow KenFlo is smart! I can't stand him.

Anyway, I want Rampage to take it. Even though he hasn't looked good at all in his last few fights. My guess this fight goes the same way it has for Chuck's last 8 or so fights.

Chuck by TKO 2nd rd.

MrTotality

MrTotality

Banned
Awards
  • Established
chuck is gonna stop page in rd 2. I think chuck has improved greatly while rampage hasnt improved at all, in fact seems he has taken a step back

Brother

Brother

Awards
What a tough SOB Kharitonov is. Too tough for his own good maybe. A russian redneck who doesn't give a fu*k. Do you fight professionally Brother?
Well if you count fighting with my girlfriend then Im a pro. I have been into MMA since the first UFC. Been training for about 13yrs or so.

I think chuck is a good fighter but when you get him down you better take his back or he will get back up. I think if chuck would use knees and leg kicks more he would open his game up. My gawd, he knows everyone is going to shoot in on him and everyone knows hes head hunting.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Got to go with Chuck. Hes going to reverse the upset trend and all that planets will realign themselves and some sort of normalcy will comes back to the mma world. Plus I heard he paints his toenails with magic paint.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I am completely torn on this one. I haven't seen Jackson fight too much, but I did see his last fight with Chuck. I am going to have to say Chuck on this one only because of his improvement and sprawl. If Tito couldn't take him down I think Jackson will have problems and standing up Chuck always has that uncanny ability to hit really f'ing hard. Gonna be a great fight I think.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
This saturday.

I don't know why, but I dislike liddell. This whole redneck theme dosen't vibe with me. It makes any barroom jabber think that because liddell is good at MMA, that means they can be also.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Anyone know who is in Rampage's training camp for this one? Is he training at Legends in LA with Bas?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Rampage tends to slam instead of shoot, so Chuck's TD defense won't be as effective. Tito didn't have the huevos to try to slam Chuck b/c he was too scared. I can't wait for this one. Burkman and Karo should be good, too.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Liddel in a stunning, never seen it coming KO ala gonzaga.... but off course it wont be KO by the "slam". Round 2 .. again...
duh... lol.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Liddel in a stunning, never seen it coming KO ala gonzaga.... but off course it wont be KO by the "slam". Round 2 .. again...
duh... lol.
Yeah I don't foresee a high head kick coming haha. Out-of-nowhere KO is definitely possible though.

I am still taking Chuck :D.

It cracks me up every time though hearing Rampage say on the commercials, "I'm gonna whoop Chuck's ass." in his country slang ;).

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Well, I finally have my mind made up (I think). I'm going with Rampage by round 4 TKO. Who am I to go against Randy's pick? I hope he works the body a lot to wear Chuck down cause Chuck has a hard head for sure and trying for the headshot KO will be tough.

Chuck should work on his thai clinch for the Rampage head ducking issue as Beo pointed out, but he seems set in his ways. I think some of you guys are forgetting that Page can take some serious punishment too. I think I'll be able to tell after 20 seconds if Rampage has the confidence to get it done.

To change gears a little, did anyone else notice during the countdown show how bad that scar was that Karo got from Fickett?

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
Christ I can't wait for this damned fight!!!!

sorry.... I'm getting very anxious.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Well, I finally have my mind made up (I think). I'm going with Rampage by round 4 TKO. Who am I to go against Randy's pick? I hope he works the body a lot to wear Chuck down cause Chuck has a hard head for sure and trying for the headshot KO will be tough.

Chuck should work on his thai clinch for the Rampage head ducking issue as Beo pointed out, but he seems set in his ways. I think some of you guys are forgetting that Page can take some serious punishment too. I think I'll be able to tell after 20 seconds if Rampage has the confidence to get it done.

To change gears a little, did anyone else notice during the countdown show how bad that scar was that Karo got from Fickett?
I just hope Rampage lets it all hang out and doesn't hesitate. I used to dislike Chuck, but I appreciate him more now. Still, I want to see Rampage take it. Rampage can definitely take punishment. He walked right through everything Chuck threw at him before.

I didn't notice the scar, but did you see the threads about Fickett getting bombed and getting in trouble at ADCC??? Apparently he is quite the Keystone Light connoisseur.

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Rampage did walk through everything Chuck threw at him in '03, but chuck is much better now and it looks like Rampage has fallen a lot since then.

... then again, me saying that is just beating a dead horse, we've already covered all this.

Again, I can't flipping wait.