Pride will use the unified MMA rules

1. Pride will use the unified MMA rules

Article - Sports - UFC 70 conference call

Dana says this in an interview. There is also a CC interview.

2. At least Dana sounds like he wants to add knees on the ground. It's unfortunate that it sounds like the UFC won't have anyone competing in the LWGP.
    •   

3. Awesome. Knees to grounded opponents needs to be in there.

4. They need to establish the yellow card in the UFC!!! I didn't read the article. Did it mention that? Hahahaha!

5. Yellow card cannot be incorporated as only State Athletic Commissions can withhold any amount of a fighter's purse.
    •   

6. I always hated the purse deductions, that's so lame. Stalling and running should get a warning then point deductions though for sure.

7. Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo View Post
    I always hated the purse deductions, that's so lame. Stalling and running should get a warning then point deductions though for sure.
    Yes, but not as lame as someone getting paid to fight and not trying to finish the fight.

8. 10% of the purse is pretty ****ing steep for stalling. I think it is cool to have a strong incentive to not LNP, but it also seems to get abused. I think Rampage unnecessarily received a lot of yellow cards.

PRIDE refs can be pretty stupid. Anyone ever notice that after a sick, extended exchange or scramble for position they always yell "Fight!" I understand that they want the action to continue, but if guys don't bide their time well and recover, it will turn into a sloppy, boring fight.

9. I personally like the yellow card though I have issues with how it's dealt out. Fighters are paid to, well, fight. So if they aren't doing their job they shouldn't be paid to some degree.

10. I do like the addition of the knees as it is a good counter to a wrestler. However, I would like to see elbows taken out, especially on the ground but this is not going to happen.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Use the Force!
    By bigpetefox in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 01:26 PM
  2. Should i use the fina?
    By Selso in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 01:25 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 05:32 AM