If you had...

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by ersatz View Post
    The only dominant fighter in MMA is Fedor, end of discussion. People ridiculously claimed GSP was in this category but Serra has proven otherwise. And a handful of other seemingly dominant fighters have also been fallen thus in my mind making Fedor the only dominant fighter today.
    Wow you people have a strict definition of dominant. I guess people almost everyone you face isnt good enough. You have to be a complete god. I guess the only dominant NBA player was Michael Jordan.

2. Quote Originally Posted by ersatz View Post
    The only dominant fighter in MMA is Fedor, end of discussion. People ridiculously claimed GSP was in this category but Serra has proven otherwise. And a handful of other seemingly dominant fighters have also been fallen thus in my mind making Fedor the only dominant fighter today.
    The way GSP defeated Sherk, Penn, and others, I would argue, was dominant. Regardless of his loss to Serra, you cannot deny he tore through that division, and made a joke of Hughes. Though I concur losing to Serra was not evocative of dominance; we shall see, though, what GSP is truly made of in his return.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    Wow you people have a strict definition of dominant. I guess people almost everyone you face isnt good enough. You have to be a complete god. I guess the only dominant NBA player was Michael Jordan.
    No, but saying Tim Sylvia was dominant is like stating Michael Doleac was dominant.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ersatz View Post
    Can't argue with that. Although, I think we all just have different definitions of dominant. It could be argued that Wand was dominant, Chuck is, Hughes was, Nog was, etc. To rank camps on dominant fighters produced is kind of ridiculous because there are so few dominant fighters. Based on producing A level fighters, Quest and MFS are pretty close. Now the arguement begins of who is an A level fighter. Have Horn or Lawler ever been A level? Was Tanner really A level? I wouldn't say Sylvia is, or ever was A level, B+ I would give him. Or should major credit be given to having mass quantities of pretty good B level fighter, not in my book, although it counts for something.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Can't argue with that. Although, I think we all just have different definitions of dominant. It could be argued that Wand was dominant, Chuck is, Hughes was, Nog was, etc. To rank camps on dominant fighters produced is kind of ridiculous because there are so few dominant fighters. Based on producing A level fighters, Quest and MFS are pretty close. Now the arguement begins of who is an A level fighter. Have Horn or Lawler ever been A level? Was Tanner really A level? I wouldn't say Sylvia is, or ever was A level, B+ I would give him. Or should major credit be given to having mass quantities of pretty good B level fighter, not in my book, although it counts for something.
    Horn or Lawler may not be A level, or Silvia, but one could definately learn a lot from them. Esp Horn. Look how MFS turned a pigeon toed goofy slow footed guy into a UFC Champ. I agree team quest and MFS are close, and the two best in the USA IMO. Whether Silvia is a true champ or dominant is irrelevant to this thread. Not many become "A" level fighters. What both camps have done is produced champions, and many good fighters. I think thats how they should be judged.
    •   

6. Team quest for sure. I think training with Pat can make you a great fighter, that's been proven. I think ultimately though there is more diverse and well rounded skill available with team quest.

In reality though I think the top teams are Chute Boxe and BTT, it just depends on what kind of a fit your style is. I'm sure training with Fedor would be the experience of a lifetime too, but that's different.

7. I think it depends on what you want to focus on. For MT in MMA, if I could train anywhere, I guess it would be Chute Boxe, or maybe with Anderson Silva (Muay Thai Dream Team) I think. I love Silva's style, and especially his footwork. I'd also want to train BJJ at BTT.

8. Yeah training Brasil would be awsome. But both those schools are so commercia; just like Gracie Barra for jits. Theres a extreme gringo tax on what you pay a month. Sometime even more then what you pay in the states.

9. I doubt I'd ever get to go there, but my instructor trained there before moving to the U.S. He still trains with them a few times per year, so maybe he'd be able to hook it up.

10. BTT, Chute Boxe, or Barra?

11. Quote Originally Posted by LCSULLA View Post
    Yeah training Brasil would be awsome. But both those schools are so commercia; just like Gracie Barra for jits. Theres a extreme gringo tax on what you pay a month. Sometime even more then what you pay in the states.
    Yeah, but if you go in there and sign up with some brazilian friends I doubt they'll pull that ****.

12. Quote Originally Posted by LCSULLA View Post
    BTT, Chute Boxe, or Barra?
    That is exactly the type of vague writing I penalize my students for. Here's one for hypocrisy

Chute Boxe
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. If you had 72 hours to live what would you do???
    By windwords7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-27-2015, 10:05 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 03:53 PM
  3. Honestly, if you had both......
    By ripped22 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-25-2005, 04:38 PM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 09:33 PM
  5. IF YOU HAD A CHOICE>>>