America OWNS MMA!!!!!!
- 02-27-2007, 11:28 AM
- 02-27-2007, 12:12 PM
02-27-2007, 02:11 PM
Overall, I really enjoyed this card. Excellent fights with lots of action and an element of unpredictability. Most disappointing for me was Gomi's performance. His obviously poor conditioning and his ability to not finish Diaz when he had a chance was surprising. On the same note though, I was really impressed with Diaz's ability to stay in the fight and turn it in his favor.
02-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Yeah, according to the NSAC injury report, Diazs' orbital was broken at some point too and he hung tough.
02-27-2007, 03:03 PM
02-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Gogoplata is difficult sub to pull off. IME even when caught in one you can only block off one of the carotid arteries and you turn your hea to the opposite side of the trapped arm so avoid a full choke and alleviate pressure on the windpipe. In a comp I don't think I would tap to it but in an exhausted state it may be enough to force a tap.
I wonder if it's true that once you are KOd you're much more prone to it the next time around. Or perhaps it's the psychological effect that makes one timid, wonder if this will affect Franklin in a similar manner as it has Wand and Loiseau.
Similar Forum Threads
- By CryingEmo in forum MMAReplies: 16Last Post: 06-18-2008, 12:55 AM
- By YellowJacket in forum Weight LossReplies: 4Last Post: 02-13-2003, 05:57 PM
- By YellowJacket in forum Weight LossReplies: 3Last Post: 02-12-2003, 08:36 PM
- By Bean in forum AnabolicsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-18-2003, 10:15 AM
- By Matthew D in forum AnabolicsReplies: 11Last Post: 11-28-2002, 02:51 AM