America OWNS MMA!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. For you guys who train in bjj, it seems like it would be easy to see a gogoplata coming. Of course sitting on the couch it's easy to make statements like that. Is it easy to get caught in a gogoplata? Is there a surprise element to it because it isn't used as often?

2. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    For you guys who train in bjj, it seems like it would be easy to see a gogoplata coming. Of course sitting on the couch it's easy to make statements like that. Is it easy to get caught in a gogoplata? Is there a surprise element to it because it isn't used as often?
    Gomi looked gassed so I think that is the reason he got caught so easily. Also, Diaz went directly into the movement as soon as he was taken down.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    For you guys who train in bjj, it seems like it would be easy to see a gogoplata coming. Of course sitting on the couch it's easy to make statements like that. Is it easy to get caught in a gogoplata? Is there a surprise element to it because it isn't used as often?
    The "gogo" is a pretty difficult sub to get on someone. Usually, one will feel the leg crawling up the back and change positions. Diaz got is leg in position in a much different fashion than usual and it obviously worked well. I was rather surprised by how he put it on. (Aside- many individuals do not have the hip flexibility to really use it effectively)

Overall, I really enjoyed this card. Excellent fights with lots of action and an element of unpredictability. Most disappointing for me was Gomi's performance. His obviously poor conditioning and his ability to not finish Diaz when he had a chance was surprising. On the same note though, I was really impressed with Diaz's ability to stay in the fight and turn it in his favor.

4. Yeah, according to the NSAC injury report, Diazs' orbital was broken at some point too and he hung tough.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Hendo also broke his right hand. I am not sure which bone though.
    •   

6. Gogoplata is difficult sub to pull off. IME even when caught in one you can only block off one of the carotid arteries and you turn your hea to the opposite side of the trapped arm so avoid a full choke and alleviate pressure on the windpipe. In a comp I don't think I would tap to it but in an exhausted state it may be enough to force a tap.

I wonder if it's true that once you are KOd you're much more prone to it the next time around. Or perhaps it's the psychological effect that makes one timid, wonder if this will affect Franklin in a similar manner as it has Wand and Loiseau.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 12:55 AM
  2. America's Population: Eat 100 Less Cals. a Day
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-13-2003, 05:57 PM
  3. America Drowning In Sugar
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-12-2003, 08:36 PM