UFC 67 Picks Contest

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Pick your winners for this Saturday's UFC 67 by 9pm Saturday.

2 points for each winner in all the fights, and one point for the method of win in the scheduled televised ones. The methods are KO(Which includes TKO), Submission and Decision. The method of win will be the official one from the UFC.

I'll post the winner(s) on Monday, and all who participated should rep and congratulate them.

Fight Card

Official Fight Order For UFC 67 "All Or Nothing"

Non-PPV Bouts:
-Dustin Hazelett vs. Diego Saraieva
-Tyson Griffin vs. Frank Edgar
-Jorge Rivera vs. Terry Martin
-"Lyoto" Ryoto Machida vs. Sam Hoger

Live PPV Bouts:
-Patrick Cote vs. Scott Smith
-Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Marvin Eastman
-Mirko CroCop vs. Eddie Sanchez
-Roger Huerta vs. John Halverson
-Anderson Silva (c) vs. Travis Lutter (UFC MW Title - main event)

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Hazelett
Griffin
Rivera
Machida

Cote/KO
Jackson/KO
Filipovic/KO
Huerta/KO
Silva/KO

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
What a non competitive card to start with, everyone's picks should be very similar, oh well.

Hazelett
Griffin
Martin
Machida

Cote(KO)
Jackson(KO)
Filipovic(KO)
Huerta(KO)
Silva(KO)

KO festival.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Alex and my picks where the favorites across the board, I'll bet we are not the last ones to go this way, so I propose a tiebreaker - Pick your most likely to upset fighter. We will just edit that into our previous post.

Now I see that Alex picked Martin, but the tiebreaker proposal still stands. If you don't pick one, no chance of an extra point.

This is a work in progress, anyone have any format suggestions, **** OFF!!!!

Suggest 'em.

Some people around here, I'm not naming names , are known to frequently edit their posts, don't try it after the bell, I'll catch you by saving this page before the event goes off.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Hazelett
Griffin
Martin
Machida

Cote - sub
Jackson - KO
Filipovic - KO
Halverson - KO
Silva - KO

Don't know much about Halverson or Huerta. I'll pick Halv to be different.

How about we pick each of the televised fights as TKO/KO, sub, or decision (TKO, KO, submission due to strikes and ref stoppage are all the same thing)?

Last edited:

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
What do you think, one point for the winner and another point for the method? instead of the least likely to upset?

One for either, or have to get both for one point?

I like the latter, winner and method for a point on the scheduled televised, winner only needed on the not,no upset pick.

We need to finalize this format by tommorow night, or else people will get PO'd by rule changes.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Duh, dumb me.

It's just occured to me that I won't be watching this live, I won't probably see it until late Sunday.

I'm willing to do this, but not until after I watch it, Sunday or Monday, or else we can use this thread to hash out the rules, then I'll delete it and someone else can be the judge by putting up their own thread.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Non-PPV Bouts:
-Dustin Hazelett-submission
-Tyson Griffin-KO
-Jorge Rivera-TKO
-"Lyoto" Ryoto Machida-KO

Live PPV Bouts:
-Patrick Cote-KO
-Quinton "Rampage" Jackson-Decision
-Mirko CroCop-KO
-Roger Huerta-KO
-Anderson Silva-KO

Most likely upset: Eastman

Damn, I'm expecting a lot of of KO's.

Last edited:
jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
What do you think, one point for the winner and another point for the method? instead of the least likely to upset?

One for either, or have to get both for one point?

I like the latter, winner and method for a point on the scheduled televised, winner only needed on the not,no upset pick.

We need to finalize this format by tommorow night, or else people will get PO'd by rule changes.
I say 2 points the winner 1 for the method...if this isn't too complicated. Or just use the method as a tie breaker.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Alright, the proposal is two points for all fights, 1 point for the method on the scheduled televised.

Who agrees, who disagrees?

Me to do the results on Monday, or someone else to run this thing?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Alright, the proposal is two points for all fights, 1 point for the method on the scheduled televised.

Who agrees, who disagrees?

Me to do the results on Monday, or someone else to run this thing?
Yes, you run it. I like the proposed system above.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Diego Saraieva (local boy; sort of)- Decision
Tyson Griffin- TKO
Jorge Rivera- Decision
"Lyoto" Ryoto Machida- TKO

Patrick Cote- Decision
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson- TKO
Mirko CroCop- TKO
Roger Huerta- Decision
Anderson Silva- TKO

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
One question Rogue, when will the official saving/locking of the thread occur? Saturday at 9?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Cool. So the official system is:
*Pick all fights on card
*2 points per correct pick
*Pick way of victory(KO, Sub, Dec)for all scheduled televised bouts
*1 point per correct way of victory pick
*Picks are due by 9PM EST Saturday

A couple more things to clear up. The losers must rep the winner. How exactly will that be done? Anyone have any ideas for a tiebreaker? Maybe pick what time you think the Main Event bout will end. So for UFC 67 It would be Silva/Lutter, and I'd hypothetically go with 3:20 into the first round?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Damn, I guess I forfeited. Who wants a clear undebatable system anyways?

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
It's good to be the King, I'll grant you a stay of execution.

Do we really need a tiebreaker?, if we have multiple winners, reps from all to them.

This is getting too complicated.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
It's good to be the King, I'll grant you a stay of execution.

Do we really need a tiebreaker?, if we have multiple winners, reps from all to them.

This is getting too complicated.
Alright, I'll stop now. It is what it is.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
hazeleet/sub
griffin/ko
martin/dec.
machida/sub
cote/ko
jackson/ko
crocop/ko
hureta/sub
silva/ko

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
-Dustin Hazelett vs. Diego Saraieva (TKO)
-Tyson Griffin vs. Frank Edgar (Sub)
-Jorge Rivera vs. Terry Martin (TKO)
-"Lyoto" Ryoto Machida vs. Sam Hoger (Decision)
-Patrick Cote vs. Scott Smith (TKO)
-Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Marvin Eastman (TKO)
-Mirko CroCop vs. Eddie Sanchez (TKO)
-Roger Huerta vs. John Halverson (Decision)
-Anderson Silva (c) vs. Travis Lutter (UFC MW Title - main event) TKO

Last edited:
sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
Hazelett
Griffin
Martin
Machida

Cote - sub
Jackson - KO
Filipovic - KO
Huerta - sub
Silva - KO

MisterEZE

Awards
  • Established
Here goes...

Dustin Hazelett vs. Diego Saraieva (Submission)
Tyson Griffin vs. Frank Edgar (KO)
Jorge Rivera vs. Terry Martin (TKO)
Ryoto Machida vs. Sam Hoger (TKO)

Patrick Cote vs. Scott Smith (Decision)
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Marvin Eastman (TKO)
Mirko CroCop vs. Eddie Sanchez (KO)
Roger Huerta vs. John Halverson (Decision)
Anderson Silva vs. Travis Lutter (KO)

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
Non-PPV Bouts:
-Dustin Hazelett vs. Diego Saraieva (Dustin Hazelett) Ko
-Tyson Griffin vs. Frank Edgar (Tyson) Decision
-Jorge Rivera vs. Terry Martin (Jorge) Ko
-"Lyoto" Ryoto Machida vs. Sam Hoger (Ryoto) Ko

Live PPV Bouts:
-Patrick Cote vs. Scott Smith (Patrick) Submission
-Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Marvin Eastman Quinton(Ko)
-Mirko CroCop vs. Eddie Sanchez (Mirko) Ko
-Roger Huerta vs. John Halverson (Halverson) Dec
-Anderson Silva (c) vs. Travis Lutter (UFC MW Title - main event) (Travis) submission

Most likely Upset: Sam Hoger

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Does it matter if we put KO or TKO? I've noticed that some clear KO's go down in the books as TKOs, and some TKO's go down as KO's.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Judge's discretion, if I like you, either pick covers both, if not, too bad.

Jusk kidding.

KO or TKO are, for the sake of this, the same.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Does it matter if we put KO or TKO? I've noticed that some clear KO's go down in the books as TKOs, and some TKO's go down as KO's.
We agreed there are only 3 categories (KO, Sub, Decision).

size

Awards
  • Established
With all the KOs and subs being predicted here, this will be one of the most action filled UFC card ever. I guess we are all hopeful.
:fool2:

My picks:
  • Hazelett via Decision
  • Griffin via KO
  • Rivera via KO
  • Hoger via Decision

[*]Cote via Submission
    [*]Jackson via KO
    [*]CroCop via KO
    [*]Huerta via Decision
    [*]Lutter via Submission

Last edited:

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Sir Savage,

I'm been asked by a few people to not let you participate in this contest, because of some of the posts you've made and because you are a company rep.

We'll see if we can work this out for next time.

Better sit this one out, sorry.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Sherdog has a video interview with Sanchez on their front page, his
"special" gamplan and "heavy" hands have him sort of predicting a 2nd round KO on the "suspect" chin of Cro Cop.

Me thinks that "La Raza" Ed's going to get a nasty bite of the K-1 and OWGP Apple.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sir Savage,

I'm been asked by a few people to not let you participate in this contest, because of some of the posts you've made and because you are a company rep.

We'll see if we can work this out for next time.

Better sit this one out, sorry.
What???

Because of the "posts I've made"?? What does that mean??

And why should it matter that I work for Avant Labs???

And for the record, I'm not a "company rep", I'm the #2 man in the company.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I don't know, but I think it's a response to the general tone of your input, maybe the Sherk love, trying to make this into a money wager, last night's death roll comment.

I don't want any trouble with anyone, you're out.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You've got to be kidding me. This is so ridiculous.

The roll comment was a total goofy joke. It was so absurd that it was supposed to be funny. I seriously hope nobody took offense to that.

The money thing was a joke, too. I said that.

The Sherk stuff I won't apologize for. I'm a Sherk fan, so what?

And the general tone stuff I don't even know what to say. I have no idea what that would even mean.

But I'll tell you this- I don't deserve this. If any of you have a problem with me or my posts, then you need to man up and say it to me. This behind-the-back high school nonsense is ridiculous.

I don't care that I'm out of this- I care that someone wouldn't do the right thing and talk to ME about what their problem is.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
-Dustin Hazelett vs. Diego Saraieva decision
-Tyson Griffin vs. Frank Edgar decision
-Jorge Rivera vs. Terry Martin KO
-"Lyoto" Ryoto Machida vs. Sam Hoger submission

Live PPV Bouts:
-Patrick Cote vs. Scott Smith submission
-Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Marvin Eastman decision
-Mirko CroCop vs. Eddie Sanchez KO
-Roger Huerta vs. John Halverson KO
-Anderson Silva (c) vs. Travis Lutter KO

Last edited:
jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Savage, I wasn't one of the people complaining to the Roguester, but the money thing did get out of hand. Comments were made after the Linland-Fedor thread was locked that seemed disrespectful to the board. Maybe you could come up with some sort of apology.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What money thing? How did it get out of hand?

If the admins don't want us making wagers, no problem. All they have to do is say so to me. I didn't see it in the rules, but no problem- they reserve the right to make judgement calls like that.

If someone has a problem with me or my posts, no problem. Come talk to me about it.

All I'm asking is that people be upfront with me. That's not unreasonable. I should be the first one you go talk to if you have a problem with me, NOT someone else.

My comment after the Lindland-Fedor thread ("nonsense"), though said light heartedly, was not unjustified if you want to get down to it. And yes, the "Wager talk isn't allowed???" and the invitation to M & M was also said jokingly. I mean, good grief, look at the rest of the thread. How anyone can take that seriously, I really don't know. I guess dry humor is a lost art. But the original thread was closed with no explanation. We're all adults here and at the least, we deserve an explanation as to what happened.

And if people don't realize that 75% of what I say in this forum is said light heartedly, then I don't know what to tell you. This is an MMA forum for discussing MMA on the internet, it's not life or death.

Edit- and this is all I'm going to say about it in this thread. If anyone wants to continue this discussion, start another thread or PM me.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I never complained to anyone about your posts, but now that it is out in the open, I really am bothered by the overall tone that you bring here-- especially the frequent mention of Sherk's genitalia.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad some people finally stepped up and complained about this guy(SS). I mean he is unbelievably rude and how about that Jonathon Ivey vid he posted. I find it offensive that some man would try to bang another man in the arse in the middle of a MMA fight. About time Sir Savage took a little break.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well since both of you ignored my request to continue this elsewhere and I didn't hear back from either one of the PMs I sent you two, I'm going to assume both of you are serious, which is pretty shocking.

Beo, Rogue Drone is the one who always mentions "Sherk's genitalia"- as a JOKE. Because I'm a huge Sherk fan, I'm called a "Sherk nut-hugger" and such. I just play along with it because it's all in good fun. It's not a big deal at all. As for my "general tone", I have no idea what that even means because you didn't explain yourself. My tone isn't any different than yours or anyone else's in this forum. It's a baseless claim and you shouldn't make claims like that without backing them up. In fact, there was an exchange not too long ago where I was labeled a derivation of "Sherk nuthugging", I of course played along with it because it’s funny as hell, and you laughed at it, but now all the sudden you have a problem with it. I don’t understand and would appreciate an explanation, rather than a hit-and-run.

Alex, how am I "unbelievably rude"? What have I ever done to deserve a personal attack on my character like that? I've never done a thing to you or anyone else on this MMA forum. That's just uncalled for. I understand that you don't like the Ivey video. I understand COMPLETELY. You made that clear in the original thread. There were several others who enjoyed it, though. There's no reason to make a big fuss out of it. It wasn't your thing, I understand. If you truly think I'm "unbelievably rude", then you don't know a thing about me. I'll be happy to introduce you to many, many customers and business partners, who will strongly disagree with you.

I plainly requested that if anyone wanted to continue this discussion, to start another thread or PM me. However, neither of you did that. You completely disregarded my reasonable request and dragged me through the mud.

Furthermore, you didn’t respond to the PMs I sent you to try to discuss this in a reasonable, NON-public manner.

This is really disappointing in so many ways.

I don't mean any ill will toward ANYONE on this board, much less this MMA forum. I just come in here to discuss a sport that I love and to have fun. My company, and me personally, have given a lot to this board over the years and the last thing I want to do is give people the wrong impression. If you’re unclear as to what I meant in a given post, all you have to do is ask for clarification. It’s not fair to me to assume that I meant the worst. I would give each and every one of you the same respect- in fact, I do so on a daily basis.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Don't tie me into this. Obviously my comments have been well accepted and yours are not.

There's more people than this who find you an arrogant irritant, or worse.

This is an issue that concerns anyone who views and participates in this subforum, it should be discussed publically.

At this point, I think some contrition on your part is in order, a sincere apology and a promise to keep your input within normal bounds.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No, I will tie you into this to clarify things. Not ONCE I have I EVER mentioned "Sherk's genitalia" except in response to what you have said.

I'm not saying you did anything wrong- you DIDN'T. I'm just clearing up the ridiculous statement that I'm always talking about Sherk's genitalia.

This is precisely what I'm talking about-

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/mma/58539-why-fedor-lindland.html

Again, you didn't do anything wrong, you're just joking, but I'm not going to stand idly by and be accused of nonsense when I said nothing of the sort. My comments have never gone out of the normal bounds.

I do apologize for my part in wager thing, but I was not the one who initiated it and I was not the only one involved. And when I mentioned it the second time, it was a joke and I said so.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I can neither confirm nor deny such allegations. But I will say if its a crime to like pictures of sherk mostly naked, then im guilty.
This isnt www im a closet pillow biter dot com , Im not very apt to finget pointing but enough is enough.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Obviously, I can get away with being a wry Richard, and you can't, you're just seen as a Flaccid Weiner who's trying to hard to be a Bad Boner.

Fess up, dude, and promise to stop being a Troll.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nah. My sexual problems aside, I've got nothing to "fess up" to.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
This whole ordeal is really making me wonder if I'll buy any more supps from Avant. Know when to say when. :rolleyes:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
This whole ordeal is really making me wonder if I'll buy any more supps from Avant. Know when to say when. :rolleyes:
Yeah, no doubt. I always liked Avant and figured SS was just a rep, but now that he's told us that he is the #2 guy in the company and seeing how he handles himself makes me wonder about the company itself. I mean they do have some pretty good products, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna give my hard earned money to a scumbag like SS. SS maybe you should just take a break and give everyone a chance to simmer down.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Especially if the supps are going to be as metro and decietful as the vendors. Does the lipoderm sound safe to you !!!

Warnings: Consult your health care practitioner before using this product. This product contains ingredients which must not be used by children, geriatrics, pregnant women, or those with or predisposed to high blood pressure or any cardio-vascular problems. Discontinue use if dizziness, sleeplessness, tremors, nervousness, headache or heart palpitations occur.

Talk about descrimination. If these people had half naked sweaty sherk twig and berries youd bet theyd have trimmer waistlines too! Are "colored folk" exempt as well?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
pistonpump MMA 118
Alexander MMA 54
Alexander MMA 103
Alexander MMA 70
Alexander MMA 38