UFC 66 Liddell vs. Ortiz 2

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
12/30/06.... The Iceman cometh.

I think Chuck's gonna land some bombs, and give Tito some punishment. I never liked Tito, but ever since his appearance on The Ultimate Fighter series, I just can't get enough of him.... that guy should be a comedian. I'm gonna miss seeing good ol Kenny Shamrock around, getting infuriated at Tito's antics. :aargh:

Also on the card.... Arlovski/Cruz and Griffin/Jardine.

Although Arlovski's last few fights were unimpressive, if he fights like he did a couple years back.... this should be an easy victory for Arlovski.

As for Griffin and Jardine.... I don't know what to think about these two. :blink: I don't care for Jardine too much, and Griffin seems to come off as more of an entertaining fighter, than a very threatining one.... I think Jardine might take this one, but I really hope I'm wrong.

So what do ya think folks?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I think Tito can beat Liddell, but he'll have to fight the perfect fight. If Tito can survive the first 2 rounds I think he has a good shot at winning. That said I'll take Liddell by KO, Griffin by dec, and Arlovski by KO. I'll be glad to see Arlovski back so I can erase his last fight with Sylvia from my mind.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I hope Tito takes it. Chuck thinks he's invincible, I reckon.

War Tito!!!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Tito can beat Liddell, but he'll have to fight the perfect fight. If Tito can survive the first 2 rounds I think he has a good shot at winning. That said I'll take Liddell by KO, Griffin by dec, and Arlovski by KO. I'll be glad to see Arlovski back so I can erase his last fight with Sylvia from my mind.
Ill agree with your decisions on all three but im not to sure who this cruz guy is....? Its really a matter of if Tito takes Liddel down. If Chuck resists the takedown i think he might go apesh1t on tito.

tattoopierced1

Tito will win. Chuck won last time if you noticed, he poked (accidentally) Tito in the eye, and took advantage of it by landing punches while Tito was trying to recoup.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tito will win. Chuck won last time if you noticed, he poked (accidentally) Tito in the eye, and took advantage of it by landing punches while Tito was trying to recoup.
Chuck won b/c Tito tried to be a bad ass and trade w/ Chuck. Tito has horrible stand-up, but he wanted to prove a point. If you neutralize Tito's takedowns, then he has no other weapons. If Couture could not keep Chuck down, then how will Tito be able to do it. That being said, I don't want Tito to win b/c he is a very predictable fighter and his fights are generally not very entertaining. I usually find myself feeling like I am watching a rerun of a previous fight.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Tito's pretty hyped up right now, but let's not forget his last four fights. The two victories to a way-past-his-prime Shammy don't tell us much. Two split decision victories to Forrest (who we don't really know how good he is) and Vitor who is well.....Vitor and comes to fight for at most 8 minutes or so. I don't believe the hype, Chuck by TKO.

Griffen over the "Dean of Mean" by decision. Arlovski will climb to the top again. Arlovski by KO.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tito is a decently smart fighter, and usually makes an attempt to learn from his mistakes. However, he is also a fighter driven by ego and I think he may try to take the same course as last time to do the exact same thing. If not, I think he is going to lean more towards a takedown from the clinch up against the cage as opposed to shooting and eating some of Chuck's looping shots. lol...At any rate, Chuck by KO

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
Chuck's takedown defense is awesome. Tito will and probably should try but I don't think its going to work. Chuck by KO toward the end of round 2. Tito's stamina is top notch, but chuck is a freek who can put anyone to sleep with a left jab while back pedelling, his hands must weigh 10lbs a piece. Watching him knock people out reminds me of old school tyson fights.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I'm with Vicarious. Chuck by KO in the 2nd round. Tito will most likely try for a couple of takedowns, fail at them, get frustrated and go for standup. And we all know what happens when you standup with Chuck. How do you trade punches with a man who has cinderblocks for hands? You don't.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I'm not so sure I want Tito to win. You may have noticed that I always ***** about wrestlers. They are too one dimensional and often have boring fights (as Rodja said). I don't want another one as champ.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Chuck's takedown defense is awesome. Tito will and probably should try but I don't think its going to work. Chuck by KO toward the end of round 2. Tito's stamina is top notch, but chuck is a freek who can put anyone to sleep with a left jab while back pedelling, his hands must weigh 10lbs a piece. Watching him knock people out reminds me of old school tyson fights.
I find Chuck's KO's to be the opposite of Tyson's. Tyson's punches looked like they were gonna put the guy out, Chuck usually lands some semi-phantom punches. They don't look like much but they are much.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I find Chuck's KO's to be the opposite of Tyson's. Tyson's punches looked like they were gonna put the guy out, Chuck usually lands some semi-phantom punches. They don't look like much but they are much.
A great example of this can be found when Chuck KO'd Mezger in Pride. Even watching it in slow motion, this right hand comes in from very low in a flash, at an unusual angle and put Mezger out. Mezger was doing great until that point, though his head kicks didn't appear to have much on them.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
A great example of this can be found when Chuck KO'd Mezger in Pride. Even watching it in slow motion, this right hand comes in from very low in a flash, at an unusual angle and put Mezger out. Mezger was doing great until that point, though his head kicks didn't appear to have much on them.
Yeah, that was a brutal KO. Mezger dropping in that fashion and having his leg folded up in that awkward position did not look good. Those head kicks from Mezger were set-ups at best.

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
i meant he knock guys out with seemingly harmless punches. I saw tyson knock a guy out with a lazy left hook while the guy was moving to his left. looked harmless enough in real speed but the guy went to sleep. Chuck has that same mojo

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I was surprised at the punch that put Vernon White down when he fought Chuck. It didn't look like much, but broke Vernon's orbital bone.

The KOs where a guy falls in an awkward position are my favorites like Tank-Nelmark.

Wrestlers can definitely be boring, but there are certainly exceptions. Lately I find myself probably enjoying Hughes' fights almost as much as anyone.

dagecko

dagecko

Awards
  • Established
I have to agree. Chuck by KO. Griffin by decision, and Arlovski by KO.

I'd like to see the title change hands, however, I don't think Tito will be able to take Chuck down and like everyone else said, trying to do stand up with a guy with cinder blocks for fists and the skills to use them is just suicide. Good luck Tito...

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
i meant he knock guys out with seemingly harmless punches. I saw tyson knock a guy out with a lazy left hook while the guy was moving to his left. looked harmless enough in real speed but the guy went to sleep. Chuck has that same mojo
I figured thats what you meant, and I was just saying that I saw there KO's to be very opposite. I remember Tyson's KO's looking very harmful, with ridiculous hip torque and explosiveness, and Liddell's to be phantom like. I'll have to go check out some Tyson highlights, with his power I'm sure he was knocking people out with lazy left hooks. When he would throw those nasty hooks where he squats down and explodes out I swear he could've knocked out a bull with one of those.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have seen some of his KOs (tyson) where he didnt seem to connect very well and still put the guy out. Just like how someone mentioned of chuck, its like it seems as tho it was a fluke or someone was paid to go down but thats not the case.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
The mmaweekly rumors section has

Macdonald - Leben
Marquardt-Lister

on the card too.
I'll go with MacDonald by sub and Marquardt by decision if these happen.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I figured thats what you meant, and I was just saying that I saw there KO's to be very opposite. I remember Tyson's KO's looking very harmful, with ridiculous hip torque and explosiveness, and Liddell's to be phantom like. I'll have to go check out some Tyson highlights, with his power I'm sure he was knocking people out with lazy left hooks. When he would throw those nasty hooks where he squats down and explodes out I swear he could've knocked out a bull with one of those.
MMA gloves vs boxing gloves...

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Chuck's a hard puncher, but I think his biggest advantage is his hard head. Even when he gets rocked, he still manages to retain composure somehow. If you look at his losses, he ends up getting mounted and beat into a TKO, yet the whole time he's getting beat down he looks totally cognizant of what's going on, if very unhappy about it ;)

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
After seeing what Chuck did in the last few fights I don't think he's gonna lose. Unless his confidence gets the best of him and he lays off on the training. But I think he knows how hard Tito is going to come at him so I don't see that happening.

My guess...Chuck by knockout...3rd round

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I actually think Chuck's accuracy is a big part of his KO's. He hits people cleanly and in the right spot when he KO's people.

will175

will175

Awards
Ill agree with your decisions on all three but im not to sure who this cruz guy is....? Its really a matter of if Tito takes Liddel down. If Chuck resists the takedown i think he might go apesh1t on tito.

I like watching chucks fights cause if the opponent makes a mistake he is fast to capitolize on it. I have to go with chuck on this one if he can just keep it standing. I know when I watch the fight Im gonna get some **** for taking chucks side cause everyone in the there either trains with tito or family and close friends of kendall and shogun mma (including myself) but I really think chuck can defend the take down.
Oh and pistonpump I sent you an email dont know if you got it.