UFC 63 Hughes vs Penn/Swick vs Loiseau

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
I'll be suprised if BJ wins this one. He's looking a little pudgy in the promo.

The Swick vs Loiseau fight should be interesting.... Watch out for them elbows Swick.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll be suprised if BJ wins this one. He's looking a little pudgy in the promo.

The Swick vs Loiseau fight should be interesting.... Watch out for them elbows Swick.
BJ looked pudgy in their first fight as well and we all know how that ended. Physique does not matter in MMA; if it did, then James Irvin would be a top-tier fighter.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BJ looked pudgy in their first fight as well and we all know how that ended.
That was exactly what I was going to say. You have to remember that Penn is actually a 155 fighter. He felt that the real competition was at 170 so he jumped up weight to fight Hughes in '04...

The Swick/Loiseau fight should be a great brawl

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
"Physique does not matter in MMA"
Trust me, I agree with you, but ya gotta admit.... anyone in MMA with a poor physique, could be much better and would be able to utilize their skills more efficiently, if they had a better physique.

I probably should have chose different words, but the pudgy comment was just the first thing that came to mind.

For a quick second, it put a comical vision of BJ sitting on a couch, eating Cheetos and Bon Bons all day, but I know better.

I think BJ is an awesome fighter, I just have a feeling that it ain't gonna end like the last.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
"He felt that the real competition was at 170 so he jumped up weight to fight Hughes in '04"
D@mn straight, and I completely respect the guy for that.

Actually, it kinda p!ssed me off to see Hughes's c0cky attitude towards that particular situation, during the pre-fight interviews of the last fight.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
D@mn straight, and I completely respect the guy for that.

Actually, it kinda p!ssed me off to see Hughes's c0cky attitude towards that particular situation, during the pre-fight interviews of the last fight.
I think that is just how Hughes handles the psychological warfare. He has so much confidence in his abilities that nothing casts any doubt in his mind. Honestly, I do not like Hughes, but he has gotten much better since their last fight, but I am still pulling for Baby Jay.

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
I guess i am a little out of the loop but wasn't st. pierre suppose to fight hughes. I thought the winner of st. pierre vs penn got to fight hughes and didn't st. pierre win?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
St. Pierre ha sa groin injury and had to pull out so Dana replaced him with Penn.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I guess i am a little out of the loop but wasn't st. pierre suppose to fight hughes. I thought the winner of st. pierre vs penn got to fight hughes and didn't st. pierre win?
I believe it was a groin pull.

Edit: Looks like Jas beat me to it. Anyway, like Rodja said, Hughes has gotten much better since the last fight so it's pretty unlikely that we'll be seeing Baby J winning again via RNC. I'm pulling for Penn, but Hughes is at the top of his game and I expect nothing but a win from him everytime he gets in the ring...until GSP pulls off the upset, but that's a whole different topic:smite:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I think Fedor dispells the whole physique mattering propaganda. I'll take Hughes and The Crow. Although both Swick and Penn have lightning in there hands, and both have a good chance of winning. Louiseau should take Swick down and not try to stand with him. Louiseau's stand up is good, but why give Swick a chance. Are there any other decent fights on the card yet?

PastorofMuppets

Awards
Hughes by GNP round 2, or BJ by sub first round.

Swick is in trouble if he tries to strike.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Hughes by GNP round 2, or BJ by sub first round.

Swick is in trouble if he tries to strike.
Striking would give Swick a better chance of winning. Louiseou's elbow's are a nightmare on the ground especially. Swick's best shot is to try and keep the distance and use his hand speed on The Crow.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On paper, it is the best card that the UFC has had in a while.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Being from Hawaii I have to back up BJ. Last fight was great cuz Matt Hughes was talking alot of smack and sayin "if i was training in the nice warm weather in hawaii...." and how "he thinks it is disrespectful for BJ to move up into HIS weight class" Well needless to say it was great seeing him lose. I wish it was a title fight.

As far as the comment on him being "pudgy" I doubt that his body's outward appearence effects his actual physical abilities. Granted, he is not nearly as strong as Matt. You see white rice is the staple down here and we eat it with just about ANYTHING! lol so you can imagine what that does to your gut, we call it a "rice belly". Matt has become alot better than the last fight and it will be tough for BJ to win it, but im pulling for him by KO. Should be better than the last 2 UFC main events.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Being from Hawaii I have to back up BJ. Last fight was great cuz Matt Hughes was talking alot of smack and sayin "if i was training in the nice warm weather in hawaii...." and how "he thinks it is disrespectful for BJ to move up into HIS weight class" Well needless to say it was great seeing him lose. I wish it was a title fight.
Their first fight was a title fight, but Penn was stripped of the belt b/c he went & fought in K1 (supposedly before his contract was up with UFC).

size

Awards
  • Established
It will be good to see Jens back in the UFC, and I am glad to see that the UFC is going to give Tyson Griffin a fight.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never seen him fight before. How do you know of him? His record reflects a tough SOB. Looks like he's a striker w/subs.
Fight Finder - Tyson Griffin's Mixed Martial Arts Statistics
Since he is in one of the lighter weight classes, he has fought only in smaller shows, but the LW division has a lot of fighters with great potential. Roger Huerta is also fighting on this card and he is another young, highly-regarded LW fighter. Hopefully, Urijah Faber and Mac Danzig will also make it to UFC or PRIDE.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I see Hughes working BJ over.

And I don't see Swick having anything for Louiseou.

will175

will175

Awards
I dont know about WORKING BJ over... But I just hope BJ comes into this fight in better shape cause his last fight he looked kinda winded. I also like matt, but I hope BJ shuts matt up again. BJ is a no talk crap kind of fighter jus go out there and scrap. For the other fight I think the crow all the way. Only time will see, just hope for a good fights all togeather.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im gonna try to find a BJ Penn avatar...hehe I want him to KO matt this time.