Crocop may be out of OWGP?

1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Crocop may be out of OWGP?

A Croatian posted this over on Sherdog:

This is the source http://www.vecernji-list.hr/newsroom...04977/index.do

I'm still can't belive it.!!!!!!!!!
    The article is in croatian, so i'm gonna translate the most important part.

Cro Cop is angry.But not with Wanderlei Silva but with DSE.DSE has refused to pay Mirko what he wants so he won't participate in the GP."We couldn't make a deal so on monday i'm leaving to Pula on well deserved vacation.I don't care how others solve this problems,but i won't give up my principles, and they say i'm to exspensive to them.I just want to be paid for the risk I take.
    I'm very sorry for my fans,but also for all MMA fans who expected a great show."
    Unofficialy we found out that DSE refused Mirko's request that if he gets to the finals he gets paid for the second fight.If Mirko defeats Silva in semis and fights in the finals (Nog/Barnet) it's logical that he requested to get paid for that fight including the prize money if he wins the GP.
    If Mirko doesn't travel to Tokio he probably won't fight in Pride anymore, but he has a great offer from a new american organization (WFA).

2. Registered User

DAMN! That sucks.

I don't blame him, though. How can you have a guy fight twice in one night and not pay for the second fight?
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Hopefully CC and DSE will come to an agreement and it will be on. If they don't it may be a sign that DSE is having the money problems that some have mentioned. If they had to replace him, I wonder who they'd get. I always wanted to see Igor vs. Silva but that would have been more interesting in 02 or so. Hopefully not Arona.

Or maybe he's just afraid of Wanderlei......
    •   

4. Registered User

Yeah... I don't know what to think of this. Can't he just finish the owgp and then not deal with DSE afterwards? I'm a big fan, and feel like im being cheated out of some great fights.

DSE can probably afford to pay their fighters better. I mean, sometimes over 40,000 people are at one of their events. Comparitively they pay alot more than the ufc, but it is still chump change compared to other professional athletes. DSE is shady to say the least...
  5. Elite Member

I hope he fights, obviously. Otherwise maybe Coleman could take his place. I just want to see Wand hurt Coleman.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

The more I think about it, the more I get annoyed with Crocop. I see his point, but I doubt he just learned of the terms of the contract. Negotiate beforehand not once the match is all setup for the fans. This will sort of ruin the OWGP because of the fact that we no longer know if the winner is the #2 fighter in the world. I'm a big Crocop fan, but I'm finding it harder and harder to be one. The guy has said that he wants to be champ so much and now that the path to Fedor is clearly out there in front of him, he's backing away from it. Threatening retirement is also annoying. And if he goes to the WFA, who's he going to fight? I don't see him in too many competitive matches there.

If this is just a play to get more money and he still plans to fight no matter what, I take it all back, but right now I'm irritated.
  7. Elite Member

Like you said Jas, I think it is just a ploy to get more money. Crocop will end up fighting.
  8. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jas123
    The more I think about it, the more I get annoyed with Crocop. I see his point, but I doubt he just learned of the terms of the contract. Negotiate beforehand not once the match is all setup for the fans. This will sort of ruin the OWGP because of the fact that we no longer know if the winner is the #2 fighter in the world. I'm a big Crocop fan, but I'm finding it harder and harder to be one. The guy has said that he wants to be champ so much and now that the path to Fedor is clearly out there in front of him, he's backing away from it. Threatening retirement is also annoying. And if he goes to the WFA, who's he going to fight? I don't see him in too many competitive matches there.

If this is just a play to get more money and he still plans to fight no matter what, I take it all back, but right now I'm irritated.

I have to agree with you 100%. I'm also a Cro-Cop fan and was hoping that he would win the GP. As you stated, he was probably aware of the money terms before hand. He should honor his agreement and fight. As a fan, I feel cheated!
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander
    Like you said Jas, I think it is just a ploy to get more money. Crocop will end up fighting.
    Well looks like we were right. Sherdog is reporting that it's back on!

Unfortunately they're also saying that another Shamrock/Tito match may happen too.........
  10. Registered User

...now back to hiatus
  11. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    ...now back to hiatus
    Gotta come out of hiatus for that. Beowulf, what is the purpose or reason for the hiatus?
  12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander
    Gotta come out of hiatus for that. Beowulf, what is the purpose or reason for the hiatus?
    Oh, I'll definitely be catching all the major events. I'm just trying to avoid the boards for the next month or so b/c I have a ton of work to do before the new school year starts.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Will It be Out of my system by the Drug Test?
    By SkinVin40 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2013, 01:31 PM
  2. Will be out of town, HGH question ?
    By Lightweight1 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 08:41 PM
  3. Your Christmas Gifts Could Also Be Out of the Ordinary
    By jimmy6280 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-23-2010, 06:19 AM
  4. Instigator of Steroids Inquiry May Be a Target